10%  [ 1 ]
Pet Rocks!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 am
I was all ready to buy a planter box, and when I went into the green house to measure the space, I found there was one already in there. Lol. Guess I just forgot. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to plant.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:48 pm
That was lucky! XD

We're planning on planting some flowers, ornamental grass, trees, a fruit, and a vegetable this year. We'll see how it goes with our horrible soil. XD I'm sure we'll at least have to get some potting soil for the tomatoes or they won't grow at all. We don't usually plant much, but a lot of Dad's oak trees are dying. Sad

Established Citizen
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 am
Yeah. They don't put a lot of detail on the bare feet on that game. Guess she's supposed to be so badaft that she doesn't need real armour anymore. **shrug** LOL

A vegetable? Which one?

LOL I've done things like that, Riley.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:36 pm
That's probably it. XD

I'd like to plant cucumbers but I think Dad said no. Sad I guess I'll have to stick to tomatoes. I know they're technically a fruit, but they're a vegetable. I don't care what anybody says. I would never put a tomato in a dessert. XD

Established Citizen
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 pm
If he says no to cucumbers start talking really excitedly about zucchini. XD Oh, some maters are sweet enough for dessert. LOL And some heirloom varieties are really pretty.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:06 pm
XD That's a good plan. I love zucchini bread! Yeah some tomatoes are really neat looking. It amazes me how many different kinds there are. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:19 pm
Hubby and I had the fruit vs vegetable conversation a few days ago. So I looked it up. Apparently, it depends if you're a scientist or a chef. Scientists would call a tomato a fruit, but to a chef, it's a vegetable, for example. How strange and confusing.

I've never planted in a greenhouse before. I'm wondering if I leave the doors open during the day, if bees would find my plants and pollinate them.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm
Yeah it is confusing Riley. That's why I decided to just call it what I wanted. XD

I think that's a very good possibility. As a matter of fact, I believe you'll get all kinds of bugs, and maybe even birds, coming in to check them out. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 pm
It's the bugs I'm worried about. But then again, I planted stuff outside before this, so it's nothing I haven't dealt with before.

Established Citizen
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 pm
"Wisdom is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Intelligence is not using it in a fruit salad."

Or something to that effect.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:10 pm
Riley-I've heard water mixed with dish soap will get rid of quite a few bugs. We never get far enough to worry about bugs. It's our poor soil that hurts us. Sad We're going to try buying lots of soil this time.

Tam-Exactly. XD I just hope we get some tomatoes this year. Nothing beats a homegrown tomato. Very Happy Maybe I'll even be able to find some of those tomato worms. I can't let Dad see them. He'll just squish 'em. Sick

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:18 pm
Rayven - I will keep that trick in the back of my mind. I had to do that at our last house. Our soil was hard clay, ugh.

Tomato worms are pretty cool looking. My mom used to give my sister and I a quarter for ever tomato worm we found when we were kids.

Tam - Haha, yes!

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Riley-Ours is full of rocks. :/

Did your mom squish them too? Sad They are neat looking. Also a little scary with that horn on their butt. XD

Established Citizen
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 pm
I read a story once where someone made guacamole with tomato worms. When nobody noticed the difference, she stopped eating guacamole.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:03 pm
XD That's a scary thought. I hope I never get tricked like that. Luckily I don't eat guacamole very often. XD

Tam did you see The Help?
Page 78 of 79