The Safe Haven ~ On Haitus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs [Nov.'19]

People Counter
+1
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
-hides-
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 pm
@ Dusty

Thats pretty funny. I can hear 'booooooooobbb!!!!' in my head :p

@Sinister

I have 5 kids, and i usually call the person im talking to at least one of their siblings names before getting it right. Even my only son,.. who im assuming doesnt like being called Lily.
Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:38 pm
Hi Rakurai!

I only wrote to my friends during class a couple times. One time, in cooking class, I was writing backwards on one of my recipes. It just was just saying hi to my friend who was my partner in cooking. The teacher never noticed it.

I get all the boys in my family mixed up, even though they don't all live together. I usually call them either my brother's name (since I live with him, so I'm used to calling it) or whoever I was last with.

I still get called my sisters names even though they are over twenty. My sisters' and my name start with the same letter. A lot of my family on both my dad's side and my mom's has a name that start with one of 3 letters.

Japanese is fun, but a little hard. I have a weird memory that helps me remember it though. Did you guys know that English is the hardest language to learn?
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 pm
@ Dorothy; Yeah, I've heard that. It's because English is actually a amalgamation of languages with no definitive root language, and don't even get me started on syntax or colloquialisms! Smile

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:04 pm
My grandmother used to call me by my aunt's name all the time. I always thought it was kind of funny, since our names aren't even remotely similar. But hey, we were both girls, both blonde...pretty much interchangeable. Laughing
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 am
At work (an elementary school) I have a terrible time calling siblings by the wrong name. It's gotten so bad that a couple of them just gave up and answer to their brother's/sister's name just to expedite matters. :/
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 am
I remember in Acting class my teacher usually mixed up two of my classmates' name. They're names are not similar, and they didn't look that similar either, but she usually call them the other person's name. Eventually, she tried to stop by making herself put a quarter in a jar for the class to use whenever she mixed up their names or any of the other students' names.
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:20 pm
lol I don't think there are enough quarters (and I know I sure don't own enough of them) to fix me. It's been 3 years and I'm still messing up. In my defense, they siblings I mess up look enough alike to be twins.

I did have identical twins that I could only tell apart by counting their freckles, which didn't help when they were on the other side of the playground. The 3 of us decided to combine their names, which made an actual word. Whenever they heard that word, they'd come to me to see what I wanted Smile
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm
My family has no twins, but each of the little boys have a relative that's about the same age and kind of looks a like from a distance too.

My name and one of my sister's names is actually like two of my mom's cousin's names. My name has two letters changed from one of them, but still sounds the same. My sister's is the female version of the other one's name. I remember one time the one whose name wasn't similar to mine noticed a post I made and replied thinking I was the other person. He didn't realize it was me until other relatives posted saying he mixed us up.
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 am
It's kind of fun when mix ups happen, unless someone's feelings get hurt.

I think that's why my family is so big on nick names. It keeps things nice and neat and orderly. No mix & match

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 pm
Hey guys! Sorry I've been awol lately.
I've got tons of school work to do and lots of tests to study for (and then exams... Because some of my teachers have decided that we need a test of what we've just learned and a comprehensive final on everything we learned this semester...)
So, I might be scarce around here for a few weeks. XD But I promise I'll be back in full swing (and I'll throw items at everyone) when I can! Very Happy

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:31 pm
Don't worry Dusty!

I've been through that. For some classes, the final test is paid by the government and changes every year. It costs a lot of money. It is very important, so you take it in a different room than your class room. You are ordered based on last names with everyone who is taking that class. You have 3 hours max, and can't leave until after 2 hours. This was at my highschool.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 am
Thanks Dorothy! Very Happy

Thankfully all of these tests are paid by my college tuition. Heart Though, when I take the GRE (grad school entrance exam) this summer that won't be.
I remember having to pay to take my AP Psychology placement test. XD

These are all teacher made exams (some of my teachers didn't give us projects, so we get 4 tests, though I have a few crazy teachers that assigned projects and they're giving us 4 tests which is a bit odd).
But yep, the timed test stuff doesn't change too much in college. XD (At least in my experience).
I'll just be happy when this semester is done. I've enjoyed all my classes, but to be honest, I can't wait to spend my days in the Geography wing all day on campus (no more booking it across campus!).

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:06 am
College can be brutal that's for sure. I was thinking about going back, but I looked at the timeline and almost developed a phobia Laughing
I sure don't miss all the exams and finals, that's for sure.

Edit: Methinks exams ate Dusty...
Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:17 pm
Maybe she has. Too bad we can't do anything to save her if they did. Crying or Very sad

I don't like tests either, but I do want to go to college.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 pm
Easter Break tore me away from my computer actually! XD Sorry about that! I went to work with my mom (gotta make money while I can)!
Exams will surely consume me son though. </3

Haha! I understand that! I have a friend who's only taking 1-2 classes per semester, she doesn't count as a full time student, but she is getting her degree slowly but surely. :3 (Without as much stress).

Tests are bad, but there's a lot of fun to be had in college as well! (I love being in college, even if I complain about it a lot). XD It's nice to be out on your own and enjoying life (without worrying too much about the real world).

Page 2 of 20