Staff Appreciation Day 2011 - Over, thanks staff!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Hall of Archives
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:57 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT - Aug 9, 2011 - I've just been made a Knight and as such will no longer be running S.A.D. However, the courageous Jamr516 has decided to step up to the task for next year. So for any future ideas you have about S.A.D, please feel free to contact her about it.

It really was great to run this for the past two years. Thanks again to all who helped to be a part of it.

ANNOUNCEMENT 2
- SAD '11 is over, but I'm sure the staff will still appreciate any thanks. Btw, send me feedback on the event? See form here: http://www.zantarni.com/staff-appreciation-day-is-over-feedback-t54346.html

----

Zantarni started in 2006 as a medieval fantasy avi community heavily based in role-play. Through the years, owners changed and some staff members were lost while others were gained. But what I and I'm sure many others will surely say is that without the effort of the Zantarni Staff Members, we wouldn't be the place we are today.

So on behalf of the citizens of Zantarni, let me say:

(Various letters made/designed by: Jamr516, Kleinesdaisukii, Achaia, Kiyo Ayanami, ShuggaMagnolia, Mungoboo, Katey)

I also invite the individual members of Zantarni to say thanks, whether it be in word, art or some other form!
(Check page 17 to see where the celebration begins! Also take a look at the announcement post for those who post there.)

For the staff, I invite you to participate in the Service Raffle:

SERVICE RAFFLE
In this raffle any interested staff can sign up to win some sort of service from a Zantarnian as a prize

Note:
Stalking prize - may consist of a Zantarnian following you around in threads, keeping you company or just posting -lurk-; actual prize may vary
Servant prize - may consist of a Zantarnian following you around and helping you with whatever you need on Zan, whether it be keeping an eye on the marketplace, making you art or a banner, keeping them company in their threads, helping them advertise, etc - actual prize content may vary

Ticket List
To sign up, just let me know you're interested! The raffle will start sometime in the afternoon on the 7th (EST), so sign up before then!
[Edit]Just in case people don't check this in time, I'm going to add all Staff into the raffle. If you'd rather not be included, just let me know whether by post or pm!

Ticket Holders:
1. Blazestorm - won art and/or a siggy or thread feature from Celestrya
2. Zukyun - won avi/oc art from Ryver
3. Scarz - won art from Achaia
4.Juanalene - won stalking or serving from Mungoboo
5. Nema - won chibi art from DG
6. Tisiel - won poem by Scarlet Ibis
7. amersemt - won plushie art from Jamr516
8. LillieRose - won art from Celestrya
9. Paganbeer - won a short story from Jamr516
10. Strawberry13 - won a choice or avi/oc/real life art from Kiyo Ayanami
11. kendi64 - won a choice or avi/oc/real life art from Kiyo Ayanami
12. Anastasia - won digital art from Kiyo Ayanami

13. Apeliotus - won Avi/OC art from Uniqueapple
14. CrystalCharee - won Avi/OC art from ShuggaMagnolia
15. MythicPhoenix - won colouring of chibi; choice of chibi/headshot; and a servant via Amurita
16. Nobody- - won a choice of avi, OC, or real life art from Kiyo Ayanami
17. Zaphkiel - won a stalking via Jamr516
18. Ivykitsami - won art from Lyht

Prizes Left:
All gone!

Once again, thank you!

Last edited by Amurita on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 58 times in total
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 am
Old planning stages post...
------------------------------
---------------------
----------------
-----------
------
---
[/list]
If you are not affiliated with the royals, feel free to pass. However, a warning be here for the staff of Zantarni. If you dare to tread before the time is right, you will see things that can't be unseen. (Go here to see the original rp intro)

--------
I hope I didn't scare you regular citizens away with the warning of no zantarni staff allowed. This isn't a thread to stage a rebellion, but rather it's the opposite. Let me welcome you to the (not so) secret base of the:

3rd Annual Staff Appreciation Day Planning Thread!

Started 2 years ago by the users Silver_Philomena and Riley, this was the first user-run event created by the citizens of Zantarni in order to appreciate the staff of Zantarni. Because, let's face it, without them there would be no Zantarni.

The event is planned to take place on June 6th, and on that day we show our appreciation to them whether it be through word, art, or deed. As there's been some confusion in the past, let me state here that this is a celebration of not only the Knights of Zantarni, but also the entire staff of Zantarni. So this includes: Queens, Regents, knights, creative courtiers, alchemists, event staff, widget warriors, and anyone else who works on the site. You can even honour those who've dedicated their time here in the past, but are no longer a part of the staff.

Note: Feel free to post works in progress in the thread, but please refrain from posting the actual finished work until just before, during or after June 6th. If for some reason you feel that you can't post it on time, just pm it to me and I'll make sure it gets done.

So, for tl;dr:

What: Zantarni Staff Appreciation Day
    When: June 6th
    Where: All over Zantarni!
    How: Create art, stories or poems, video, etc, or just post thanks in this thread, on their profiles, or whenever you see them. You can also offer your services or work on joint projects (see below for details).

----
CURRENTLY NEEDED

- banners for advertisement, or to pretty up this thread
- advertisement in sigs, threads, or word of mouth
- people to volunteer their services in the raffle (see service raffle below)
- creative ideas (I'm not too creative, so if you have any other ideas you think should be incorporated, free free to let me know.)

---

UPDATES

May 26/11 - revamped thread; added banners; added a 'Links out' section
May 31/11 - added another banner; still need 4 people to sign up to do letters
June 2/11 - All THANK YOU! letters have been claimed!
June 3/11 - listed all the classes of staff members under resources section
June 5/11 - Staff Appreciation Day occurs on June 6th. Since we all live in different timezones, feel free to start the celebration when it's the 6th for you!
-----------------
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

SERVICE RAFFLE
    In this raffle any interested staff would sign up to win some sort of service from a Zantarnian as a prize

What I need is for any of you to offer your services as prizes, which can be pretty much anything!
    For example:
    - art (any skill level accepted, even if you just want to make a funny doodle, or stick people)
    - writing an epic or funny poem/story about them
    - featuring them in your signature or a part of your thread
    -offering to be their stalker for a day or so (following them around in threads they post in, keeping them company or just posting -lurk-)
    - being their servant for a day or so (follow them around and help them with whatever they need, whether it be keeping an eye on the marketplace, making them art or a banner, keeping them company in their threads, helping them advertise, etc)
    - anything else you can think of (whether it be serious or just funny)

Service Raffle Form
    You can either post or pm it to me with this form:
    Code:
    [b][color=red]I have a service to offer![/color][/b]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Service:[/b]
    [b]Limitations or other comments:[/b]

Prizes so far:
    Kiyo Ayanami - Choice of Avi art, OCs, or Real life (3 separate prizes); 1 digital art (Prize 4)
    Lyht - Art
    Jamr516 - (1)Personal Stalker; (2) Short Story; (3) Plushie art
    Scarlet Ibis/Blue Jay - Poem Writer
    Ryver - Avatar/OC art
    Celestrya - Art and/or Siggy Feature/ Thread feature
    DG - Chibi Art
    ShuggaMagnolia - Avi or OC art
    Achaia - Art
    Uniqueapple - Avi or OC art
    Mungoboo - Stalker or Servant
    Amurita - Various mystery prizes
    ---

A COMBINED "THANK YOU!"
    [Idea originally suggested by Jamr516]

ALL LETTERS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED!

Volunteers needed to create and decorate the letters listed below, which will be combined into a banner which says 'Thank you!'
    - Keep in mind that each letter will be resized to about 100x100 pixels so small details may not be easily seen
    - Please finish your work and pm the letters in to me by June 4th so that I can put them all together!

Letters still needed:
    T - Taken by Jamr516 - Received!
    H - Taken by Kleinesdaisukii - Received!
    A - Taken by Achaia - Received!
    N - Taken by Kiyo Ayanami - Received!
    K - Taken by ShuggaMagnolia - Received!
    Y - Taken by Kleinesdaisukii - Received!
    O - Taken by Mungoboo - Received!
    U - Taken by Jamr516 - Received!
    ! - Taken by Katey - Received!

===

IDEA BANK
A collection of art suggestions, or other ideas that users can use for S.A.D.
Note: If you use any of these ideas (in particular to make art) please let us know so that it can be marked, and not too many duplicates are made.

- Make banners with the Knights names, decorating it with particular themes [suggested by Jamr516 - Details [1][2]
- Have an official greeter at the event gates, or just have everyone glomp a staff member whenever they come in [suggestion by Jamr516; modified by Amurita]
- Draw Strawberry13 on the computer, with Zantarni on the screen and her saying 'Weeee! I'm home!' [suggestion by Jamr516]

===

RESOURCES[Updated June 3rd]
Useful links, info, and banners for advertisement.

- For the Current Staff List see the Zandex

- See last year's thread here and the First SAD thread

- 'Get to Know the Knights' Threads: [Lillie Rose][Strawberry13]

NEW! - Classes of Staff:
    Warriors: Scarz; Lanatin; Zaphkiel; Zukyun
    Archers: Anastasia; Fehvy; Ivykitsami; Kendi64; LillieRose; MythicPhoenix
    Wizards: Amersemt; Apeliotus; Blazestorm; CrystalCharee; Juanalene; Nema; Nobody-; Paganbeer; Strawberry13; Tisiel

- Banners:

Code:
    [URL=http://www.zantarni.com/s-a-d-no-zantarni-staff-allowed-t54132.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CkPDx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Made by Zinn:

Code:
    [URL=http://www.zantarni.com/s-a-d-no-zantarni-staff-allowed-t54132.html][IMG]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2959/oldtreslong.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Code:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ozf48e][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/14tr683.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Code:
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/3ozf48e][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2diqfkg.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Code:
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/3ozf48e][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/34ywqs0.jpg[/IMG][/url]

===

LINKS OUT

Last edited by Amurita on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 am; edited 57 times in total
Celestrya

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 am
Awesome intro Amurita! Laughing It will be fun to see what citizens do this year. I like your raffle idea. Yes
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:22 am
ooooo! If you could plez give me a list of just the zan artist and creative courtiers i hav an idea ^^

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:41 am
@Celestrya: Heheh, I'm glad someone actually read the intro x3 And thank you! It was hard to think of something new, so I hope it'll be a success.

@Ice:
Sure, here they are in the zandex:
Quote:
zd015c. Creative Team

The Creative Team are responsible for site design and overall artwork and are the creators of all Zantarni items.

kendi64 ~ Grand Pixel Alchemist
Anastasia ~ Creative Courtier
Apeliotus ~ Creative Courtier
CrystalCharee ~ Creative Courtier
Fehvy ~ Creative Courtier
MythicPhoenix ~ Creative Courtier
Nobody- ~ Creative Courtier
Zaphkiel ~ Creative Courtier

They put artist and pixelists under one title now (creative courtier), since sometimes they do both. Kendi's the exception though, probably because she had that title from back in Lord Alex's day.
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 am
~slithers her way inside, careful to not let anyone see her~

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:15 am
So yeah, why don't we...
- Ninja alarm goes off -
Hey you there! How'd you get past the security?
-calls for guard- Hey!
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 am
EEP I HAVE BEEN SPOTTED!!! ((no pun intended XD))

~quickly flees the scene leaving a trail of wing dust behind her~

eBil

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 am
Yeah, that's right! You and your bad puns aren't accepted here Hey!

...phew, I think she's gone. In other news, I made a banner for advertisement! Code is in the resource section.
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:38 am
Fine I didnt want to be in here anyway and

FYI MY MOM LIKES MY PUNS SO NYNAHHHHHHH!!

~sticks out her tongue~

Tasty Razzzz Grr

((Just so you know I haven't been reading anything so your secret is safe for now. XD I just wanted to stir up some trouble before going to bed))

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:58 am
[Edit]
Original Rp Intro:
After wandering, for what feels like hours, you find yourself on the outskirts of Edingtol. The buildings here are either rundown or reduced to rubble, with vines, foliage, saplings and a myriad of other plants overtaking what used to be an urban area. It feels like it's almost fully abandoned, with only the sound of scurrying rodents and chirping crickets to keep you company. That and the sound of footsteps hurrying your way.

"You there!" A gruff voice exclaims.

If you look to its source you see an odd-looking man approach you. He's carrying a dull looking spear and is dressed in what appears to be home-made armour (He looks quite hilarious, but I suggest you keep in your laughter, at least for now).

The man puffs up his chest before looking you up and down. "You're not associated with those royals, are ya?" Inching closer, his face seems to relax a bit. "No, I don't think one of them would be caught in your clothes!" he announces with a huge grin on his face. "Good thing then, they're not allowed here," pushing you forward, he adds under his breath, "well at least not for now."

When you arrive at your destination, you see a huge meadow with an ancient tree in the centre.

"Well, go on." The man prods.

As you approach the tree, you hear a woman's voice coming from above. "Ahoy there! Have you come to help?" A ladder is dropped down in front of the trunk and you realize that there is a tree house situated on the top. A big sign in the window reads: 'NO ZANTARNI STAFF ALLOWED!'
[/end of edit]
-------
Oh yeah?! Well [insert 'yo mama' joke here]!

((lol, well you definitely found the right place for trouble xD))

Last edited by Amurita on Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 am
I got bored. Razz

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 am
rofl! That's awesome <333

I'm going to sleep in a bit but I'll have to update that in the thread later x3
Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:10 am
Have a good night! ^____^

Oh! and here is a slightly different siggy-size one. I"m not sure how big banners are allowed but I can prolly make something similar up Smile

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:16 am
Ooh, yay. >w< I definitely want to help out with this if I can! I think I'm gonna be busy that month but there ought to be at least a week or two when I can do some work. ^__^
I'll be glad to do some other art (like I did some signs before) but I'll apply for the raffle thing too. xD

I have a service to offer!
Username: Lyht
Service: Art~ [see DevArt for samples]
Limitations or other comments: Like I said; I may be busy around the time, but I should be able to fit it in. As far as the art goes, I'll do whatever style the winner would want from me, and I can draw OCs or avatars, whatever they want.

I'll have to check and see if I'll be able to actually be online on the 6th too. -might try to get some bigger picture art done-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Hall of Archives All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35