St Yorick's 2019 Quest Help Thread - Over - Give Feedback!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:21 am
would it be reasonable for someone to just state what each clue is from the quest? I'm kind of confused about what lines are actually clues and what parts are flavor.
silverygit

Long-term Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:11 am
Hmm well the clues are really hinted in the sentences:

You stare at the feather for a moment. "That looks like... a yorick's feather. Those are very rare. Why I can't even imagine how much those are going for nowadays." You pause for a moment in thought, but seeing the yeti stare at you curiously, you decide to explain what you are thinking about. "I remember hearing the original tale of St. Yorick as a child. Anyone who heard that tale was inspired. Especially the story tellers...oh, they would begin telling the most warm and inspiring tales on St. Yorick's day." You smile for a moment as you get taken back to your childhood memories. "I even remember hearing about those who were given gifts by the saint himself! The citizens began to theorize that the saint had been giving gifts to those who proved themselves worthy to the community." You giggled slightly at the yeti's curious stares. "You probably don't understand a word I'm saying, huh?"

You offer out a hand to the yeti to help it get up. "I feel like we would have the most luck in finding those feathers in some sort of tribute to St Yorick. Those are pretty common in town during this season, but I haven't seen any of those down here myself... In any case, we won't find anything if we don't try. I'll do my best to help you find those feathers!

Those might help, alas I still haven<t found the one about "being worthy" x.x I don't get it at all haha

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:25 am
Rayven wrote:
You're welcome Silvery. Very Happy

Saiyouri wrote:
I read up on a number issue. I read the first of 3 reports.

It turns out this is the one I was missing. I never would have thought to look there Saiyouri. Thank you! Luffles

I think most of you are struggling with the "prove your worth" one. I'll try to give a not completely obvious clue:

Why might you need to prove your worth, and who might you need to prove it to? Perhaps you are doing this to get something in return.

If this is too obvious, I apologize. Embarassed

Oh my gosh. thunk I've been so tired lol.
Thanks Rayven! All feathers found.
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:03 pm
Nevermind, got it.

Long-term Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:08 pm
I honestly feel dumb. o_O proving my worth...as in to a Queen or King, yes? Or are we talking in some code I cannot decipher?

Edit: if it can help anyone; go beyond what you see. It might not be obvious to the eye! (location)

Eir

Eir
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:24 pm
I think I may have done my head in by marathon-ing the quests this morning, but I can't make heads nor tail of the last one. Anyone figured it out yet?

Queen of the Realm
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:54 pm
silverygit wrote:
...proving my worth...as in to a Queen...yes?

Yes.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:53 pm
You're very welcome Riley! Very Happy

Has everyone found all of the feathers now?

Long-term Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:59 am
Ebilly hidden feather is ebil. XP

Finally figured it out and found it, though.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 am
I am quite thoroughly stuck on the cheese apple and candy canes, oh my... hopefully i can figure it out before the event completely ends.
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:30 am
Ugh, took a break and now can't find that single shard. thunk
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9460/10000
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 am
nevermind found the cheese, still no idea where to find anything else though
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:58 am
Mikuhiko wrote:
nevermind found the cheese, still no idea where to find anything else though

Most of the time I don't think my clues are any good....hopefully these are helpful?

Regarding the clue for the candy cane:

Quote:
"The Yeti moves foward once more, and so you desperately produce another food item from your pack. "What about this candy cane?" The yeti seems mesmerized by the item. "It looks real nice, right? I got it a while back when the castle was giving out extra treats!"

Extra treats would have to have been announced to all of Zantarni, no?

For the apple:

Quote:
The Yeti cocks it head at this and so you try to find something else to give it. "What about this apple? I got it from an apple lover's personal stash, so it's sure to be good."

Certain people are ingrained in Zantarni's story line.
Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:35 pm
A little late finishing off the quests right now T-T. I've found 2 of the feathers but I'm completely stumped on the other 3. I think I found the more... obvious of them, but I'm not exactly sure. I keep looking in places I'd think they'd be based on the hints but I can't find them D:

Edit: Found #3! I think I'm missing memories and the citizens who proved themselves one.

Edit again: Found #4! Now I just gotta figure out memories...
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:35 pm
@Bo: Have you been able to find the last shard? Which clue is left?

@Silvery: Close, but you've missed some of the clues. I'll just fix it up here so that anyone who needs help can find them quickly:
silverygit wrote:
Hmm well the clues are really hinted in the sentences:

You stare at the feather for a moment. "That looks like... a yorick's feather. Those are very rare. Why I can't even imagine how much those are going for nowadays." You pause for a moment in thought, but seeing the yeti stare at you curiously, you decide to explain what you are thinking about. "I remember hearing the original tale of St. Yorick as a child. Anyone who heard that tale was inspired. Especially the story tellers...oh, they would begin telling the most warm and inspiring tales on St. Yorick's day." You smile for a moment as you get taken back to your childhood memories. "I even remember hearing about those who were given gifts by the saint himself! The citizens began to theorize that the saint had been giving gifts to those who proved themselves worthy to the community." You giggled slightly at the yeti's curious stares. "You probably don't understand a word I'm saying, huh?"

You offer out a hand to the yeti to help it get up. "I feel like we would have the most luck in finding those feathers in some sort of tribute to St Yorick. Those are pretty common in town during this season, but I haven't seen any of those down here myself... In any case, we won't find anything if we don't try. I'll do my best to help you find those feathers!

So just to clarify, the 'memories' part isn't really a main clue.

If anyone needs more help, feel free to let me know Smile
Page 4 of 5