Shleepy Time: Come Read With Me!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 am
But that's what their target audience wants to read, Tootreku. :p (<--issa bluck face) The young guy who recommended that one to me thought it was a great story. And forgot about the should be rated WAY over teen parts.

WishingMoon wrote:
Good news everyone, I've actually been reading.

Oooo. What are you reading?

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:06 am
I finished Matilda and Rose Red. I'm starting on the Secret Life of Bees.

Also trying to finish playing Kingdom Hearts but that will take a while.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm
What are 'Matilda' and 'Rose Red' about?

XD Gotta get ALL the secrets, huh?

I just finished reading a book called 'Invisible Ellen', about a woman who is invisible, and the blind woman who finally sees her. I really liked it, having a strong knack for invisibility myself.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 am
-whispers- How do you not know matilda? So it is a story about a very smart little girl who has a family that doesn't care for her. She goes to school and meets a teacher with a secret and a mean principal.

Rose Red is about the building a house that eats people and a women who lives there. (Leads up to a mini tv series by Stephen King but that book isn't by him.)

XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:10 am
Sounds like I would enjoy Rose Red XD.

I just finished The Cruel Prince, and now I'm about half way through A Court of Thorns and Roses.

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:39 pm
I watched Stephen King's version. I had no idea it was based on a book. Shocked Very cool.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 pm
Oh, Rose Red is one of my all time favourite horror movies. :3

I read the Court of Thorns and Roses. Even bought the last book in the series on my Kindle. It was not a bad read but I've read better.

On that note, I have been told to cut down on my reading because my eyesight has worsened by quite a bit in the last two years. I am not happy about is, as reading is my bread and butter... Sad

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:01 pm
Rose red the mini series is not based on the book in terms of making the book into a tv series. The book is a diary of the people that lived there: the tv series happens decades later investigating the house. Both versions are very good.

Noooo Lillie!!! DX

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:45 pm
Moon - that is something i do not have (x kudos to you !!!

also - I LOVE MATILDA !!! so gud

Lillie - omgsh im so sorry ;-; that is really rough. is there anyway to make it not strain your eyes?

Rayven - yesss it really is XDD omg it was so funny when i visited Loliqua in canada, her and her mom would be talking in the other room, and they would be talking about me, then theyd have to be like HEY VEE. xD cause i so wasnt paying attention. they were like, it is a small house, how did you not hear us? and i told them im so used to tuning my family out bahaha. you have to like directly address me/call for me (x

that is really weird but maybe it is better even tho kind of irritating? at least your hearing isnt worsening haha

yesss they are so great XD hilarious and amazing . groot is my fav for sure (x but gamorra is baeeee

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 am
Moon-Ah. I see.

VEE-I bet they were confused. XD At least you're not nosy. My Mom used to say that when I was a teenager I could watch TV, talk on the phone, and still be able to listen in on her and Dad's conversations. XD

True. I really don't want to lose my hearing or my sight(what's left of it). I'd feel too vulnerable.

Yeah. XD

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm
I am afraid so, yes. Sad

My right eye went from -1 to -1.5 and my left eye went from -0.75 to -1.25. That's one step up per year. If I don't do something, I'll end up with wearing bottoms of a soda bottle soon.

The optometrists said to have regular breaks every hour or so when I am at work - I'm an office admin, I spend almost all day on the computer - and to cut down on reading and straining my eyes as much as I am able to.

I'm getting my new glasses in about a week's time, so maybe the new prescription will help also.

I dunno what else to do... Sad

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:12 pm
I'm pretty sure I wrecked my eyes as a kid. I started my reading habits at a young age. And since my optometrist retired a few years ago, I haven't found another one yet. So I'm not sure if my eye site is getting worse or not. I'm definitely getting more headaches that are relieved when I take my glasses off.

Avi Vote
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 pm
High fevers fried my eyes. They're already wrecked, so I read on.

Um. I might have heard of 'Matilda', but menopause is not kind when it comes to letting me access my memory files. Embarassed

Right now I'm reading Booker T Washington's biography. Um. *glances around* Oh well, well, and actually, for once, that's it.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm
Fair enough Utterly. XD I'm just surprised as Matilda was such a big movie in the 90's.
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 pm
I didn't get to see many movies in the nineties. Though I think I can remember an image of a movie poster. LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 34 of 39