SAA {Artist Support Group}
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter [Nov.'19]
Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:19 pm

To Our Lovely Artists,

We are here to offer our help to you. This is a place where you can come for advice on what to do when you feel swamped with commissions, when you need a little bit of help with a quest, and when you just have no inspiration to complete your que of commissions. We are aimed at helping keep Zantarni's art community alive, to help all of the artists on the site, and to create a safe environment for them to vent their feelings as they need. We will provide incentives for each artist to stay on the site and continue their shop as well. We are also here to help new artists establish themselves on the site in every way we can. We aim to help each artist on the site feel as if they are in a stress free environment to the best of our ability.

By the way, SAA stands for Stressed Artists Anonymous, my_lion_bob suggested the name.
Also, thank you to Amurita for moving this thread!

PM Dusty or Ryver.

We'd love to help you out, and we will offer supportive advice, or let you rant as much as you'd like. If you have an unruly customer or you've feeling harassed, you should contact a knight, they're very friendly people. And, we can help you figure out who is best to contact if this is the situation.

-MungoBoo's Epic Contests (Art Contest)
-Dragon Age Art Contest
-A Flock of Auctions
-Nen's Art Auction
-Buying Art and Giving Away Freebies Thread
-Dusty's Freebie Thread
-Freebies By Request
-Nen's Freebies
-Temporary Freebies
-Freebie Chibi: Revamped

-For figuring out how much to charge for your art, you could go to the Pricing Request Forum, but you're not always going to get a response. Other options you have would be to post here and ask us, you could open a bribe shop and see what kind of offers you get, or you could even run an auction.
-If you get easily overwhelmed by commissions I reccommend opening a bribe shop (feel free to be picky about what you accept and what you don't, the people of Zantarni understand that you can only draw what you're comfortable with), or even open an Art Auction, and run it regularly. Also, don't allow a waitlist. They can become overwhelming and daunting if you're easliy stressed.
-Art Shops and Auctions go Here.
-Freebie Shops go Here.
-If you're having trouble advertising, let us know. We'll advertise for you for free.
-If someone offers you an item for art, check the price in the Price Guide. If you don't like the item, ask what else the person can offer.
-If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Redlines
Clothing Guide
Drawing Clothing Tutorial
Lip Tutorial
Hair Tutorial
Detailed Hair Tutorial
Fur Tutorial
Hair Tutorial
Eye Tutorial
Another Eye Tutorial
Mouth and Teeth Tutorial
Several Ear Tutorials
Hands and Feet References
Bird Wings Tutorial
Dragon Wings Tutorial
Dragon Tutorial
Cloud Tutorial
Drawing on Sight
Good Tips for Artists
Another Helpful Site
Charicature Tutorial
Proportions
Shading and Blending Tutorial

(Thank you to Wishing Moon and Keres Corvax for posting some of these!)

For every artist's first 5 commissions we will grant an award valued from 25-50k in gold. This can be an item that they request, multiple items, a bundle of shop items, or a lump sum of gold depending on their needs. In order to get this prize, artists must provide a link to their shop (so we can verify the requests) and the completed pieces (if not linked in their shop). This can be done in the thread or via PM to Dusty.

For artists new and old that are struggling financially on the site, let Dusty know. She will help out to the best of her ability.

If you wish to donate to help us fund these prizes, please send donations to Snow.
He is Dusty's charity mule and funds that don't come out of Dusty's pocket go to that account.

PM Dusty to have your shop added.

-Moon's Shop
Offers a wide variety of very detailed art
-Dusty Shelves
Offers chibi, anime, and naturalistic(ish) art
-And It Begins Again
Offers chibi and cartoon/anime style art
-Vay's SoHo Exhibit (Opening May 3rd)
(Hasn't opened yet) X3

Code:

[url=http://www.zantarni.com/saa-t55829.html][img]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/Liittle_Birdii/27a81cca-7ad1-4a95-a002-4b70ece08ca1.jpg[/img][/url]

Code:

[url=http://www.zantarni.com/saa-t55829.html][IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/Liittle_Birdii/b33c803e-74e5-4eb7-b9b6-52279d8aa24c.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.zantarni.com/saa-t55829.html][IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/Liittle_Birdii/216de4bd-c803-432f-99f4-6a7716e38ac2.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.zantarni.com/saa-t55829.html][IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/Liittle_Birdii/20d64825-2d43-47b8-a3fb-928e9d507881.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

IdeaArrow Dusty's Mule Account; Please direct all PM's to Dusty! I only check here every once in a blue moon.

Last edited by Serah on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 23 times in total
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 pm
-intrigued-
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:39 pm
Thanks Moon. Smile Any suggestions on how else we could improve this? Lol. It's kind of a work in progress, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to get the thread up and running.

Art by Lyht <3
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:46 pm
I think I would rather let you guys develop the idea more. I'm sure most people have already heard my rants on art and it would be a better idea to hear it from someone else at this point.
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:49 pm
*Nods* Okay. Very Happy I'll have to wait for Ryver to get back on and add to this, and I guess we can add more as it goes, but we'll always be open to suggestions.

Art by Lyht <3
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 pm
I'm sure I'm opinionated enough to give them at some point.

(Found)

Last edited by WishingMoon on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 pm
Lol. Smile Okay. Well, your opinions are welcome here.

Art by Lyht <3
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm
I think this thread is a nice idea Smile
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Thanks Keres. C: Hopefully we can help some people.

Art by Lyht <3
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 pm
lol, Moon is always ranting about art. :3

-chews on her moon pie- I am a tad bit drunk {I need a voodoo doll really bad right now... o ..o} so I will glance through the first post when I am a bit more sobered up.
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:43 pm
Lol. :3

Okay. You should have the login info for Serah, so you can edit stuff whenever. Lol. No rush. I don't think there are too many people online today anyways.

Art by Lyht <3
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm
lol, alright. :3

I think I should of opted for iron bru than that the second mixed drink.. gah.. can't believe what an idiot I am.. -shakes head- I should know not to get involved with younger guys anymore, I am always the one with the broken heart in the end.
Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm
Aw. Everything alright Ryv? You can always PM me if you need to talk you know.

Art by Lyht <3
Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:00 pm
Let's just say, made plans to meet someone for a bit and got totally shunned.. he spoke to me like twice, don't know cause my mom was with me or not.. I didn't even say goodbye to him when we left, that was how angry I was.
I told my mom, the ball is always in my court, it's his turn to make the move now.

Other than that, I am totally fine. It's not a huge deal if he talks to me again or not, it's not like I won't make new friends if I can afford college this year.
Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:01 pm
This is a nice idea, hopefully it'll become a handy reference for all of our members c:
Page 1 of 8