Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 375, 376, 377  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am
Tam- Yup and I am now on page 4. When I finished the design I plan on stitching the background very last. So I still got a ton of work left to do. But I don't mind it. The weird part will be having a entire wall covered in this tapestry. 0.o

Well I got some news on my daughter, not good but I honestly don't care about it. She's back to her starting drama self. She sent me a letter in the mail and asked multiple questions she has asked in the past and I already answered multiple times. I even spent a couple hours one day telling her things about her father and a couple days after that heavy conversation she acted like nothing was said. So hubs and I spoke about it and decided that responding wouldn't do anything since it's not what she wants to hear so she won't pay attention to the truth. So I'm trying to ignore all that and keeping it out of my mind that she could call out of the blue to start stuff.

But I am trying to keep busy and stay positive. While hating the temps since they are up in the 70s with high humidity. >.> Let me have cold please.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:29 pm
That's cool that it will cover a whole wall. Very Happy

It sounds like maybe she and her father are up to something. I don't know. I think your idea to ignore it is probably best.

I don't care what temp it is, I just want some consistency. XD

Established Citizen
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:37 pm
MungoBoo wrote:
@ Tam- YES I’d love to see those!
Ooh nice, that sounds very cool o: I've never really thought of that very much.

A sunflower doll sounds cute! Are you also drawing dolls?

https://paperthinpersonas.com/ Da free dollies. She has ones meant for paper, and ones meant for magnet. Of course, the paper ones, except if they have hats with slits, can work for magnet. She makes such cute plump dollies.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/693337727/aa-mermaid-paper-doll-printable-color? The beautiful mermaid I bought. I haven't gotten her cut out yet, and I've printed her on magnet.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/194089611/maria-modern-retro-paper-doll-digital? Sweet Maria, one of the most beautiful magnet dolls that I own.

I don't draw dolls, Boo, I designe and make them 3 D. Often with crochet, but sometimes with other methods like braided yarn. I don't make them as often as I used to, but I have several kits and patterns here that I need to work through (making other peoples' designs now instead of mine). I have a beautiful cat doll from England to finish, and some cactus and flower amigrumi to do, and more magnet dolls to cut out and get space for.

Scarz wrote:
That makes sense to me, but I didn't know that speaking costs more than texting (let's you know how much I don't know about cell phones).

Yup yup. At least on my plan. I know friends have plans where they have to pay for the texting too.

Rayven wrote:
Tam-Why wouldn't a witch doll like it at your place? I think all dolls love your place. Very Happy

She wouldn't like it because I'm not really comfortable with that kind of character, and wouldn't be able to imagine her any personality or stories. LOL To put it in a slightly childish way.

Saiyouri wrote:
Tam- Yup and I am now on page 4. When I finished the design I plan on stitching the background very last. So I still got a ton of work left to do. But I don't mind it. The weird part will be having a entire wall covered in this tapestry. 0.o

Fellow nerds will revere you. Or at least be slightly gobsmacked with awe. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
She wouldn't like it because I'm not really comfortable with that kind of character, and wouldn't be able to imagine her any personality or stories. LOL To put it in a slightly childish way.

Oh, I see. I can understand that, but personally, I feel that intent is taken into account. God knows our hearts and what our intentions are. That's why I'm comfortable celebrating Halloween. It's just a fun day to me like witches are just made-up characters. You being uncomfortable with it is ok too. You do what makes you happy and whatever you feel serves God best. Heart
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 pm
@ Rayven- haha cute! I used to get up at 6am in the morning just to watch Garfield when I was little XD

Ooh that looks like a cool place!

@ Saiyouri- I want to see this tapestry now o: I mean, I know you aren’t done yet XD

@ Tam- Oo those are very cool. I like the diversity too.
Oh you make dolls. That’s even cooler! I’d like to see them sometime if you’d want to share. I wanted to try learning amigrumi but I got stuck on the little octopus I was trying to do. I need someone to teach me irl or something.

Any suggestions of theme I should think of making? O:

UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:54 pm
See, Rayven, I've run into people calling themselves witches, and one night one called up something that scared the BLEEP out of me and a birth brother, so that's why I'm not comfortable with it. Love me monsters, though. And I do celebrate hollowbean, by sending a gift each year to a friend who loves it. Or by using it as an excuse for gift giving at the farmers market by passing out a package of goodies.

MungoBoo wrote:
@ Tam- Oo those are very cool. I like the diversity too.
Oh you make dolls. That’s even cooler! I’d like to see them sometime if you’d want to share. I wanted to try learning amigrumi but I got stuck on the little octopus I was trying to do. I need someone to teach me irl or something.

Any suggestions of theme I should think of making? O:

Very Happy And like I say, that first link, all the dollies are free.

I've only really got pictures of the braided yarn ones. When I did the amigrumi type ones, I didn't have a camera, but https://www.deviantart.com/givegodtheglory/gallery here's my Deviantart page... my word, they've taken away the nice green and made a grody eyesore out of it. Ugh, improvements.

Awww. I wish I could help.

I need to see your themes before I can suggest. Very Happy

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:40 am
Boo-Awww, that's adorable. XD I remember watching Scooby-Doo before going to school and eating these frozen glazed donuts that Mom would cook in the oven. Good times. XD

Yeah, it is. St. Louis is full of old buildings with copper roofs. I kind of have a thing for old architecture. XD

u7 *points to the left* Casper wanted to tell you hello, he typed it himself. LOL

How are your parents handling the pandemic?

Tam-Ohhhh, that is scary. I'd be scarred by that too. *nods* Awww. It's very nice of you to do that. *hugs* You're such a thoughtful person. Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:36 pm
This is a link to the site for the tapestry:

https://botwtapestry.weebly.com/

I will try to get a pic of some of it, not sure if a pic of it completed is feasible lol. I don't have the background done since I don't have the yarn yet but it's coming in the mail and today I will start page 6. I think I'm not doing too bad. Considering the size I think I'm doing pretty good. I haven't told my son about this project yet lol.

Oh here's some news.....

His cousin that he helps out with, with some projects loaned him 1700$ and he got a 2007 dodge caravan yesterday and has a air mattress in the van. He can put the seats into the floor and has a ton of room laying on his stomach in it. And being 6'2" that says alot. My son of course is happy. The only thing wrong with it is the water pump, but his cousin is going to get it fixed for him. Seems family (well only one) is really starting to care alot for him. I'm glad for that. My son will be paying off the loan by helping him more. Today they are starting to turn a room into a bathroom in his house. So at least he's busy and has a warm and cool place to stay until he can get a job and a place of his own.

Hubs was so excited last night when we found out lol. I tend not to since past told me that something will happen if I do. But I am glad he will be safe this winter. My son is worried that this winter might be worse than last years and being Wisconsin I don't blame him for worrying about the possibility of more below zero nights. And the cousin has been talking about the van for a week but my son didn't want to say a word until something was final.

LOL Tam. Maybe I should show the finished piece online after we work forever getting it on the wall hahah.

Established Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:55 pm
I'm not thoughtful or good. I do it because it's fun.

I'm glad to hear about the van. You can make some really nice homes in those.

And... LOL Yes. Pose yourself in front of the tapestry with a kitty.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:54 pm
Saiyouri-That's so pretty. Very Happy

That's incredible! I'm so happy for him. Very Happy God Bless his cousin! Winter is a bad time for the homeless. Sad At least he'll have some shelter now.

I'd agree with Tam but putting kitties near tapestry might not be such a good idea because of their claws. XD

Tam-I think you're just too humble but ok. XD Very Happy I bet they all love it when you come bearing gifts.

Here are a few new pictures of Casper. He's getting so big and handsome. Heart Unfortunately, you'll need to copy the link and paste it onto another tab to see it.

http://imgbox.com/ww4RZoDk

http://imgbox.com/SPZKLlhh

http://imgbox.com/gTGNiBe9

Long-term Citizen
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm
Haha Rayven, he's adorable and resembles my lil Symphony a bit with the pattern minus the cute lil spot she has under her nose.

Ah kitties near yarn. I know how that is. I have a piece on the wall by my desk and it's a bit pulled apart because of cute lil claws.

I have a pic of what is done so far. Just got the background yarn in the mail and just started that up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovwhcilcsreresf/2020-10-14%2017.12.14.jpg?dl=0

That is the pieces so far minus the background color.

I might need help with hubs to get the whole piece finished in one pic. >.> 12ft. Oh my goodness what did I get myself into. And still haven't told my son about it. LOL

Thank you everyone. He's glad for the van. I guess his cousin is even helping with getting him clothes that fit and don't have holes in so he looks more presentable to get a job. Kinda hard to get a job when you have a whole in your zipper area that is really noticeable.

Oh and when I spoke to my son yesterday he said he slept so good that he hasn't slept that good in so long. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 am
Awww. Casper has some stray white hairs on his nose that might be hard to see unless in person, and he's getting white hair in his ears like an old man. XD

I bet. I hope they don't claw this one.

Wow! You're well on your way. It's looking great. Very Happy I wish I had patience like you.

Your son might think you're nuts for taking on such a large project. XD

I'm so glad he's getting some help now. I've been praying for him and it's so good to hear about him doing better. Very Happy

Good sleep means a lot. Good for him. *nods*
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:46 am
@ Tam- Oooh those are neat!

hmm.. I’d have to think of some. I have so many projects going on right now, my brain is dead. XD

@ Rayven- Sounds like a lot of sugar for breakfast lol
Aww thanks Casper.
They’re doing alright. Still avoiding going out more than needed. We go for walk/hikes a few times a week.

@ Saiyouri- wow that’s crazy D:

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:41 pm
MungoBoo wrote:
@ Rayven- Sounds like a lot of sugar for breakfast lol
Aww thanks Casper.
They’re doing alright. Still avoiding going out more than needed. We go for walk/hikes a few times a week.

Yeah, just the way I like it. Cool XD

At least you're all getting out some. When this first started it wasn't very bad where I live. It finally reached this area and is getting worse all the time. Fortunately, despite a couple of scares, we haven't gotten it yet. We've been talking about getting more strict again, we'd gotten a little lax in our precautions. Embarassed
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 pm
Yeah actually its as bad as it has been around here to. Getting too close to home! I know of some people in the area who got it. My sister and her husband went to a wedding a month ago, and someone's mom unknowingly had it, she had gotten it from 2 people at work who said NOTHING. Thankfully my sister didn't catch it.
I went in to get my flu shot on Monday and my doctor says a lot of her patients have it now.
It's starting to get cold out now too.. so soon I won't be going out :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 375, 376, 377  Next
Page 376 of 377