Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 374, 375, 376 ... 378, 379, 380  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:31 pm
Have you seen all of his movies?

I was going to see if I could find one on Youtube to watch last night but I couldn't keep my eyes open. XD

That sounds like a great evening. A night at the opera and then watching old movies and eating popcorn. I've always wanted to go to the opera. Maybe someday. Very Happy

Defender of the Realm
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:31 pm
I have seen a lot of his movies. We used to have a late night horror show on Friday nights and they played a lot of his movies. . .along with Boris Karloff and a lot of the old monster movies. This was back when horror movies weren't all blood and gore and special effects; when they actually used music and lighting and such to scare you.

I have been to one opera when I was in high school as part of a class I took. . .it was an opera version "Romeo and Juliet". (not that impressive to a high school boy).

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:24 pm
Yeah, and probably more effective. I'm not that bothered by blood and gore. It's pointless violence that disturbs me if that makes sense.

I don't imagine it was. XD I've never felt drawn to that story. However, I've never read it or watched it so I can't say for sure. It might be very good but I'm not sure I'll ever find out. I'd rather see something else.

Casper taught himself how to punch/slap anyone who irritates him in the face and sometimes just because he's ornery. XD So far he's done it to Bob, Max, and me. Crazy cat. He also randomly jumps at my leg while I'm walking, slaps it a couple of times on both sides, and then takes off like a little ninja.

Defender of the Realm
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:01 pm
I am not a fan of all the unnecessary blood and gore. . .it seems that sometimes that is all the movie is about. Also, most of his movies are in black and white and there is something special about those old movies.

We had to read "Romeo and Juliet" in high school and I think our teacher thought it would be a fun trip to see the opera, except the opera version lost even more in translation.

Hmmm, seems Casper has found a different way to get your attention. . .the ninja leg slaps are a different take on it. I would love to see the expression his face as he darts away from you. . .perhaps it's a sneaky smile *chuckles*

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:54 pm
@ Rayven- Eh, pretty sure Iíll be single unless I settle.

Iíll have to find a decent one. very hard to find XD

Man I need to find some spoopy movies to watch this month!

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:03 pm
MungoBoo wrote:
Man I need to find some spoopy movies to watch this month!

I hope that was a misprint of "spooky", or did you mean you want to watch movies that will scare the 'poop' out of you *chuckles*

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Boo-Don't do that! You'll never be happy. Trust me. I always wound up telling you to trust me. XD

Oh, it doesn't have to be perfect. XD Nobody ever likes their pictures so if I wait for you to find what you think it a great one I'll never get to see. LOL

I'd like to see some good ones too but I have to be careful. More often than not, I feel disturbed by them instead of entertained. :/

Scarz wrote:
movies are in black and white and there is something special about those old movies.

I would love to see the expression his face as he darts away from you. . .perhaps it's a sneaky smile *chuckles*

I hope that was a misprint of "spooky", or did you mean you want to watch movies that will scare the 'poop' out of you *chuckles*

Yes, there is. *nods*

XD I'm sure he does. I do know that he has his ears back half the time.

I'm not sure if I've ever had such an athletic cat, he loves practicing his ninja moves. I'll have to take some more pictures soon. He's getting so big and handsome. Very Happy

Yeah, nobody wants to be that scared. XD

Ugh! I've been trying to have time to reply all day. Sigh It's definitely Monday. XD First, I woke up late, and then, when I turned on my computer, my monitor wouldn't work. Luckily, Dad had a spare one. I've been trying to get the color to match my last one but no such luck. The color of this one is driving me nuts. Grr Lots of other boring odds and ends later, I'm finally able to be about my Zan business. XD

How was everyone else's day?
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 pm
@ Scarz- haha no, actually its the purposeful way of misspelling it because it sounds cuter saying spoopy. XD
Tho, I have to say most "scary" movies don't scare me at all. Most I find dumb tbh lol

@ Rayven- yeah I won't settle. I'll just be alone with my cat. its fine.

It's hard because I don't take a ton of pictures of myself either. lol

I watch the nightmare before Christmas every year. Thats a good one lol. I don't typically watch "scary" ones as I was telling Scarz, because I often find them to be stupid.

OH YEAH GUYS FUN FACT.
I never actually watched Exorist, but apparently one of the actors turned out to be an actual serial killer.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:54 pm
That's the ticket. A devoted furbaby is a blessing and plenty of company. Very Happy

So have your cat take one. Razz XD

Yes, it is. I should watch that again too. I used to watch the Charlie Brown and Garfield specials when I was a kid. I don't know if they even play those anymore. Sad

Oh wow! That's not good. O.O I never watched it either. However, I did go see the building that the real boy was kept at for a while that the movie was based on. The funny thing is I didn't do it on purpose. It was near where I lived at the time and I kept seeing this really cool, huge, gothic-looking building off in the distance. I wanted to find it and go see it and I finally did one day. It was cool. Then I looked the building up and found that out. Spooky. XD

Long-term Citizen
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:06 pm
Wow so sorry for how long it took me to respond. My brain went on vacation, and I focused on things to do more than anything. (Don't worry I would literally forget a sentence I said immediately said it. I did that last night twice to hubs.)

My son is doing ok. His cousin gave him money to check his spark plugs and now he's thinking what to fix his car might be cheaper than he first thought.

Otherwise not much has happened. I think I'm slowly coming down from stress so there's not much upstairs at the moment. Oh and I started a piece that will take a very long time to do. And cover an entire wall. A Breath of the Wild tapestry. I am almost done with the first page of the pattern and it's over 100 pages somewhere.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:20 pm
No worries. I'm just glad you're doing better. Very Happy

That's good news. Very Happy

Wow! Shocked That's a lot of work. XD It sounds beautiful though.

Not much going on here either. Sigh I need some good excitement in my life. XD

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:56 am
Sorry for the vanishing, guys. But I've got a bit of energy, and the brain seems to be working, so I'm back.
For now.

Rayven wrote:
Tam-I don't think people like talking on the phone as much as they used to. There's too many other ways to communicate now.

True, but some of my friends don't even have computers. And one would like me to phone her, since she hasn't computer OR even a cell phone that can take texts.

MungoBoo wrote:
@ Tam- Ooh thats a cool idea o: I'd think having them on magnets would be more fun for sure.
I'll have to look and see what's on Etsy.

Would you like links to some of my favourites that I've bought myself? I also know a site where the lady posts free dolls, and some are especially meant for printing on magnet.

Scarz wrote:
I don't understand why everyone texts, but won't talk on the phone, unless they are on face to face. . .but then again I don't have a cell phone (probably the only person in Vegas)

I can't hear well on the phone, and it costs more than texting. I don't know what other peeps' reasons would be.

MungoBoo wrote:
Pretty sure Im just perpetually single. :/ I dunno why! I'm a good person and not ugly XD
oh yeah.. I was going to send you a pic because I didn't want to post for the Zan world. lol

Edit: I could make a witch doll XD

I'm perpetually single by choice.

Awww, yeah, for Rayven, especially a cute one like in the picture. But I wouldn't be able to bring that one home. She wouldn't like it here.

I've been plotting ideas on making a sunflower doll, but I have to finish the dolls that I already have in progress.

Saiyouri wrote:
Oh and I started a piece that will take a very long time to do. And cover an entire wall. A Breath of the Wild tapestry. I am almost done with the first page of the pattern and it's over 100 pages somewhere.

Wowsa. You're doing your greatest work, huh?

Anybody for spoopy dollies?

https://jborge.itch.io/monsterdressup

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=hashtag-halloween-dress-up-game

If you make some with either of these, show me? These are two of my favourites, because of the shape of the dolls.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:22 am
@ Rayven- my cat is the best too <3

Haha I should. XD

Theyíve been playing Charlie Brown, I donít think Iíve ever seen the Garfield one :/

Oo thatís spooky lol. Sounds fun tho XD

@ Tam- YES Iíd love to see those!
Ooh nice, that sounds very cool o: I've never really thought of that very much.

A sunflower doll sounds cute! Are you also drawing dolls?

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:40 am
UtterlyWeird wrote:
Scarz wrote:
I don't understand why everyone texts, but won't talk on the phone, unless they are on face to face. . .but then again I don't have a cell phone (probably the only person in Vegas)

I can't hear well on the phone, and it costs more than texting. I don't know what other peeps' reasons would be.

That makes sense to me, but I didn't know that speaking costs more than texting (let's you know how much I don't know about cell phones).

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:40 am
Tam-Not being able to hear well on the phone is another good reason to text. I usually hear ok as long as the other person speaks clearly and the connection is good. Talking to my son on the phone is a nightmare. He rarely has a good connection and he mumbles, loses his concentration and seems to forget I'm on the other line XD, etc.

Why wouldn't a witch doll like it at your place? I think all dolls love your place. Very Happy

Boo-It's cute. If I remember right Odie was dressed as a pirate. XD I just looked it up and it's called Garfield's Halloween Adventure. It's good if you get the chance to watch it.

https://aboutstlouis.com/local/historic/st-vincents

Yeah. It would have been more fun if I hadn't gone there with a dud. XD There's a link to a little information about the place. As you can see from the pictures that are taken from far away, it is a large, interesting building. That's why I had to find it. There is more information and better pictures if you Google it, I just wanted to give you an idea of what I was talking about.

Scarz wrote:
That makes sense to me, but I didn't know that speaking costs more than texting (let's you know how much I don't know about cell phones).

It depends on who your plan is with and what kind of plan you have. I have AT&T and I pay $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, 6 GB of high-speed data (I can roll over up to 12 GB if I don't use it), and unlimited data at a slower speed. There are companies with better, cheaper plans, but AT&T gets the best reception in my area.
Page 375 of 380