Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362  Next
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sat May 02, 2020 1:55 am
Youcandoit, Saiyouri!

Rayven... I'm not sure. Some of the villagers are dogs.

To contrast with the Amazon delivery guy, today when I was downtown I answered the phone and it was the postal lady buzzing me to let me know she had more books for me. When I told her I was downtown, she said she'd stash the package in the mailroom, and I could have it on Sunday.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 am
Rayven- Ooo pretty.

Ugh giving cats pills sounds like asking a cat to sit there and listen to you say 3 words. Impossible lol.

That's good she didn't swell.

Haven't heard from my daughter, last I heard from her; her and her boyfriend were going to redo their anniversary by dressing up and sitting in her room eating Taco Bell and watching a movie LOL. She video called to have hubs teach him how to tie a tie. (he wouldn't let her teach him). My son... no idea besides my daughter saying he got a amazon job.

Well hubs got a natural bug spray that is safe for animals and kids. It has a strong mint smell..... well he sprayed it... I went to the bathroom and was wondering why Symphony was laying on the bed with her head perched up staring at the ac unit in our room. Later went in the room and her and Zell were below the ac unit staring at a nuclear power plant bee.... That sucker was like a inch wide and long, they aren't that massive. It got into the room from the ac unit from a small space under it and hubs sprayed the bee when it tried to crawl out the way it came it with the spray and killed it. Seems the mint attracts them but kills them. Someone who bought it on amazon suggests spraying it at night so we will be doing that now on. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO EVER SEE!!

Established Citizen
Sun May 03, 2020 1:01 am
...Was it a bumblebee? I've seen queens and drones that big.

Er. And I've had cats listen to pretty long chats. But I know I'm strange.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sun May 03, 2020 12:00 pm
It was a little furry but not enough for a bumblebee I think. I'm not really sure what it was. According to hubs bees in Ohio are freaks of nature. We had one queen once in the place a few years ago, it was like a yellow jacket and hubs wasn't home. Needless to say I was freaking out big time and it found it's way out through the small opening inbetween the dumb balcony doors. This place has so many openings I'm surprised we don't have more bugs... Ugh wished people in Ohio learned how to do this weird thing called build properly and install things properly.

I wished my cats would listen to me. I can't even get them to listen to 3 words at times. I say their first and middle name and they listen.... but that's it. I've always spoken to cats like they were people and yes I kinda do hope they will answer. Laughing

Well my son called last night and it went well. He never mentioned his father this time so I didn't have to worry about hearing how far he's gone in the rabbit hole with him siding with his abuser. I'm glad for that. Hubs asked me how long will I not say anything and had to tell him this is something he can't fix. He told me once speaking to my son hurts me he will step in. Had to tell him he can't do a thing. Sadly even though he saw how I reacted to my ex calling me (acting like nothing ever happened and agreed to anything he said) hubs still doesn't fully understand how a life of abuse can make some people just block out the bad and take the abusers side. Still working on ways to explain it to hubs to help him understand it. Haven't found the perfect way to do that. And my son said his amazon job might be loading the delivery trucks, he's not sure, but thinks that is what it might be since the city he's going to work in isn't big enough for a fulfillment center.

And a good note to end this with is I'm getting a new pillow. It's like hubs but you can put more of the filling in it depending on how you sleep normally at night. I will get less in it since I tried hubs and it's too high up for me. Might help. And the new earrings hubs has wanted to get me, he finally got and my ears (well the second piercing in my ears) is having a hissy fit with new things in it finally... The holes are sore but I know it's because when hubs put the earrings in my ears kinda didn't like it; haven't had earrings in them for a few years. >.> And having a part of the ear lobe missing from a birth mark as I was told growing up makes having two ear piercings harder since it's farther back.

And I just had to have a birth mark like my great grandma. Rather have hers, the top part of one ear folded over a bit. >.> So much easier to handle than this dumb thing going on. LOL

Dedicated Citizen
Sun May 03, 2020 4:29 pm
Tam-Oh, ok.

That was so nice of her. Very Happy Sometimes people still surprise me. Our mail lady offered to find us some toilet paper. Luckily, we found some and didn't have to bother her.

Saiyouri-Yeah, and a good way to get bit and clawed.

It sounds like they're doing well. Very Happy

Awww. I hope it wasn't a bumblebee. They're harmless, clumsy little things. I bet your cats didn't know what to think about it. XD

Bob is pretty good at listening sometimes. Other times he has ADHD. XD

Oooo! New earrings! What do they look like?

I never had much luck with pierced ears. My ears only tolerated the first hole and now they won't even do that. They still get infected even though I haven't worn earrings for years. Luckily, I found some pretty clip-on earrings when we were going through Grandma's things. Very Happy

Established Citizen
Mon May 04, 2020 2:19 am
I've met some pretty vindictive bumblebees. Usually the smaller ones. And all bumblebees cuss. It's funny.

I HAVE had cats reply to me. Funny little mrrrrts and prrrrts and head butts.

I have a bit of eyestrain. But it can be so hard to put a ***** book down sometimes.

I wear silver rings in my ears 24/7. Started doing it back when I looked like an emo boy to prove that I was a GIRL.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Rayven- LOL cats with ADHD are so horrible lol. I swear mine have it bad most of the time. Symphony can get it really bad. During her last special kitty time, she'd go to the litter box, meow, walk off, then come back... Like she remembered she was going to go HAHA. She's so pretty.

Ignore the prices, here are the links to the earrings. First is the ones in my first hole
earring #1

This is the brand new ones
earring #2

Links are stupid long... what is wrong with amazon. I can only wear gold earrings since everything else I'm allergic to, including hypo-allergenic... Cause that makes sense. Earrings and necklaces I have to wear gold, bracelets are whatever to my skin for some reason.

I've always had issues with my ears. When I got them first pierced I had to do it twice cause the infection got so bad my mom told me to seal up the holes and later we tried again. That second piercing time it went well. And when I got my second holes put in, the woman who did it said that it's not easy since I have part of the lobe gone. The one with the lobe missing, the hole is really close to the cartilage since there is no space on that ear at all.

Glad you found something nice. Wished it was easier to find things for me... But I was blessed with allergies. Woot.

Tam- I love when cats respond. It's so nice. I enjoy every split second of it when my kitties do it.

Eyestrain when you are enjoying something... the worse combo ever. I hate when that happens.

What you said about wearing earrings reminds me of when hubs put the second earrings in... I look more like a girl. That was a horrible joke he told. >.> Since my hair is really short my daughter said I look like a dude so hubs went with that for his joke. >.<;

Ya know, when the temps are 70 and the next day after two days of 70 is 50.... What the heck is the rest of the years so called seasons will be like? I honestly can't tell what season this is. Things are blooming like spring but the temps scream something confusing.

Established Citizen
Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 pm
Yeah. Silver's all I can wear. My body tends to eat away other metals, including gold. Silver, it just tarnishes.

LOL I bet your hair's longer than mine, Saiyouri. Mine's currently less than an inch long. But even though I'm not pretty, there's no mistaking me for a boy anymore.

Cats can be so earnest when they talk to you. Though I've seen some, like one Siamese I remember, who will reply very casually while looking away.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Tue May 05, 2020 12:14 pm
I dyed my hair black and it weighed my hair down badly so during 'it's annoying me badly' hubs shaved my head. It's less than an inch I think now. It's grown a bit. >.> Second time I've done this, but hey it's cooler in the summer at least.

Woot, we each wear different metals. I so hate having only gold.

I love when Night talks at times. Last night hubs was upset cause the ac in our room makes a sound from the faceplate on the bottom of the unit. That sound bugs him alot. So Night looks up at him and starts to meow. It was easy to tell she's saying to calm down and things will be ok. She's yelled at us when we yelled at each other before (loud sounds hurt her ears).

Night the poor thing had a boo boo last night. It was warm in here and it never dawned on me (my brain is partialy on vacation still); and we gave them wet food. She instantly threw up. I turned the air on and about 10mins later she eats, no problems and starts to walk around the place meowing talking to whoever or whatever. Ugh I know she has temp issues, known this for over a year (two at least) and it never dawned on me to cool off the place before special food. I wished I knew if it was the temps, lack of sleep or if my anemia is worse that's making it harder for me to think of simple things. >.> I so hope this gets better soon cause it's getting worse and driving me nuts.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 05, 2020 6:17 pm
Tam-Really? XD I guess I've only met the boring, well-behaved ones. LOL

Bob likes to talk sometimes. Sometimes he ignores me.

I don't think I've ever had eyestrain but I know what you mean about having a hard time putting a book down. I miss going to the library. Crying or Very sad

Saiyouri-XD That's funny. The other day Bob was checking on Dad's spider bit when I was putting medicine on it and then Bob forgot what he was doing. I told Dad that Bob wasn't much of a doctor. XD

Those are beautiful! Very Happy I especially love the first pair.

I've noticed that before too about their links. I've tried everything in my ears. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in them, my ears still make boils and cysts. :/

Piercing in or near cartilage went even worse for me too.

Thanks. Very Happy Me too. I've just learned to live with them. Mine were worse when I was a kid.

Long-term Citizen
Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 am
LOL that' so cute. I love it when animals act like lil doctors.

Thanks. I like the earrings and I'm finally used to them being in my ears. Even my ears stopped acting like children. Thankfully no more soreness at bed so I can do that weird thing called sleep I hear about.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs*

I swear being a kid things were easier. Ya I might of had a fever in the summer but at least my body worked like it should. Instead of now it's just non stop contradicting itself. Certain things work but they work in their own way. >.> Stupid bodies.

Well according to my daughter, her and her boyfriend started to look for their own place. Now to wait and see if they go through with it or she stays in his mom's guest room to finally move out. Over the last 2 days we talked alot about her father and his new wife who has no idea how to be a mother. And it all started over taxes. >.>; One thing that I'm glad to know is that my daughter is aware her father is controlling her and trying to manipulate her with things he says. I just wished she wasn't so attached to her half sister cause I guess her dad is starting to physically abuse her step brother and if he's doing that. I know he will start that with her half sister. My daughter even had no idea that she's having maternal feelings and instincts towards her sister. Hubs said she will be a good mom when she does become one. At least I don't have two kids to worry about. Only one. So that is something at least.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 07, 2020 12:38 pm
Yeah. XD

That's good. Very Happy

*hugs* It's ok. I'm used to it.

Yeah. It sounds like we're backwards. I had it worse then and you have it worse now.

How exciting for them! I hope they go through with it. It will be good for them to have their own space. That's good to hear that she has the maternal instinct. Not everyone has that. :/

Dad just found a tick crawling on Max. Max didn't seem bothered by it and acted like Dad was taking his little buddy away. XD I'd say it was lucky that it didn't bite Max because Max is on medicine that would have killed it, but Dad killed it anyway. LOL

Long-term Citizen
Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 am
Sadly in Ohio it's hard to find anyone with any type of instinct, especially a parent instinct.

That's good it was found. I hate ticks. Thankfully never found one on any cats even when they got out. I remember finding one on myself, I was a kid and noticed it when I was in the shower. It was weird to have my mom have to burn it and take it out of my belly button while I was standing in the shower. Never lay on the grass if it's a few feet away from tall grass. lol

Well we have a freeze watch last night. This weather makes total sense.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri May 08, 2020 7:47 pm
Yeah, ticks are a pain. We don't have them very bad in our yard. I'm surprised I got one on me. Ugh! The belly button is a bad place to get one. I hope I never get one there. My belly button is so deep I may never find the pesky thing. XD I'd say you learned a good lesson. LOL

We are too. I'm worried about the plants. I can't cover all of them. :/ I hope it will be ok. I'm ready for the warm weather to stick around.

I planted some bulbs today. They should be alright.

Established Citizen
Sat May 09, 2020 1:43 am
*flailing and hiding my belly button*

I'm so glad I live where I live. No ticks, no fleas. No chiggers. YAS.

*hides more*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362  Next
Page 358 of 362