Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 366, 367, 368  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm
Rayven - Interestingly, a lot of vegetarians tend to be vitamin D deficient. He's been a vegetarian for maybe 20+ years? And nurses who work night shift tend to be vitamin D deficient. I had my level checked and I'm good in that department. I'm even moving to day shift in two weeks. I am so happy for that!

Saiyouri - The one that needs to get done is going to take a bit of work. When I'm not working, I need to make a run to the hardware store. But that's going to have to wait until Sunday at the earliest. Today and tomorrow will be spend working. Ugh.

I hope the day goes better for you Yes
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:27 pm
Riley- Well I hope the project goes smoothly.

For me personally I'm starting to think of what could be causing issues with me. Gotta wait til hubs gets up and talk to him and see what he thinks. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:59 pm
Saiyouri-Hmmm. That's not good. Luckily, mine help both, or at least they're supposed to.

That's weird. I haven't slept well the last couple of nights either, and I've also been waking up at 6:30. Apparently whatever is bothering you is also bothering me. XD I hope we both get better sleep tonight.

Riley-That seems odd that it would strike vegetarians. Vegans I could kind of understand. Yay! Congrats! Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:50 am
Riley- Yay on day shift. I hope it's not too bad or worse compared to the night.

Rayven- I still slept odd last night. Woke up after 6 1/2hrs. But I did feel better yesterday. Talked to hubs on all the possible things that could be causing me to feel off, like resentful towards him. We went out with his mom's car and drove around and got a few things. I think it's what I needed badly cause I felt so much better when we got home. Even hubs has no idea what could of caused me to be off. He said that me being aware of it is really good.

Just hope this good keeps up. The sleep I won't hold my breath on until this heat goes away. It's really confusing me. The temp changed again and now it looks like the 24th might be the start of cooler-ish weather. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 pm
Saiyouri-I'm glad you feel better than you did yesterday. Sometimes it helps just to get out of the house. That's what my Mom always said. You and your hubby are together a lot, and sometimes that causes friction. Been there, done that. My parents have been arguing a lot lately. I think they have the same problem. Well, that and my Dad can be a real butthead. XD

I gave up trying to figure our weather out. Lol I slept until 7:30. That's a little better at least. We're just so busy right now. Mom, Dad, and my brother are going down to my grandma's today to clear more of her apartment out. I need to go clean sometime this week. I'm getting her bed. Yay! Very Happy I was tired of sleeping on an air mattress. I cleaned my room and everything. It looks soooo much better. The closet looks worse though. XD

Long-term Citizen
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm
Rayven- I guess sometimes getting out does help.

Hubs is going to see someone today about buying her van for 400 and I'm hoping that she doesn't screw us over cause the only thing we can do is give her half now and half next month. So I'm supposed to go and be a witness and take a photo of the handover of the money. That's what his mom wants us to do. I just hope we can get it and finally have a car.

Woot new bed. I hope cleaning the apartment goes well. Have fun~

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Saiyouri-I hope it works out for you! Very Happy That's a good idea, you never know about people.

Yeah, I slept pretty well last night. Max loved it! XD He was rooting around and being obnoxious. Lol It shouldn't be too bad once everything is out.

Is your hubby's mom on that cruise?

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:34 pm
Rayven - Yeah, I'm not sure why it would hit vegetarians. My guess would be because vegetarians also don't eat fish, which is where they would have gotten their vitamin D. Hubby eats fish, but we just don't eat enough of fatty fish like salmon.

Saiyouri - I hope so too. While I prefer to work nights, my body hates it. Day shift is more in line with my natural sleep/wake cycle.

The temperature changed for me too. Woke up and it was raining. O.o
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm
Riley-That makes sense. My mom makes salmon cakes quite often. They're pretty good, but the grease upsets my stomach sometimes. I'm sure they could be baked too, but my mom fries everything. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:27 pm
I tried a recipe for baked salmon. It turned out decent enough. I'd have to find it and keep working at it to get it better. I want to try to find a recipe for a soy ginger glaze. I had it a restaurant and it was the most amazing thing ever.
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 pm
The only way I like salmon cooked is grilled salmon collar. Otherwise, I want it raw.

Hi! I'm... alive!

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 pm
Riley-Soy ginger glaze sounds interesting. I'm sure you can google one up. The only thing I don't like about recipes on Google is that there are so many for the same thing, and they're all a little different. I just want one recipe-the best one. XD

Tam-My brother loves it raw. He eats it all the time, and he even steals my Dad's expensive salmon that is meant for Dad to eat or for salmon cakes. I think he's part cat. XD

Hi! XD I'm glad you are. Very Happy

I had a heck of a day today. Crying or Very sad Dad and I drove 240 miles running my son all over at least 4 counties. :/ We were on the road most of the day. First I took him to apply for SSI, and then he had to go to see his probation officer for a favor that we thought she was ok with. Turns out she wasn't. Long story. Lots of crossed wires and we didn't get what we needed accomplished done. In the meantime, his therapist calls me and tells me that she found a treatment center that would take my son. Shocked I had no idea that was even going to happen. Turns out my son, his therapist, and his probation officer cooked the idea up. Mostly just to get him off the streets for awhile, which is a very good idea, but I was caught off guard and I'm so busy right now. Anyway, so I needed to call Medicaid transportation to see if they would take him, but they only pick them up when they're discharged. How do they think they get there??? I'll tell you how, me and Dad. Sigh Back in the car we went. The treatment center is an hour away from us. Hopefully, my son will behave there.

Tomorrow I get to go pack stuff at my grandma's apartment, and then go to see her so she can answer some questions for some important paperwork for her insurance. She tried to shove it off on me, but I can't answer the asset questions. Grr

Sorry for the rant, but...*shrugs* I guess I needed it. XD

Established Citizen
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 am
*hugs for Rayven*

Salmon's so fat and tasty and gentle to my tummy when it's raw. And addictive when it's in a poke bowl with ginger dressing. *drool*

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 pm
Well hubs mom got back from the cruise and now all of a sudden there is a small shatter in the right corner of the right side of the windshield and a caved in dent on the right side of the hood. Both are very noticeable and no one noticed it before she got it. Not even his brother who sat on the right side for over an hour working on finding the mirror to replace and removing the mirror as well. Hubs thinks it was her brother in law who did it. The car belonged to his mother and he's got really bad rage issues.... So stress just skyrocketed big time for me. And I'm trying to control the stress eating I've been doing...

I really hope everyone is doing well.

Oh and next month we might be buying a 400$ van from a woman. She said she'd sell it to us. It's really old like 14 yrs but a mechanic that lives below us already checked it out and said the couple issues it's got aren't bad enough to consider it a lemon. So we might actually have a vehicle. And seems we might be getting legally married sometime as well finally. We are getting section 8 soon so we can finally do it. So some positive stuff to help with the bad. I just need to remember that to help with the pounding in my chest that is starting to hurt and make it more difficult for my breathing.....

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:28 pm
Tam - Hello! Welcome back Very Happy
More for you - I need my seafood cooked. XD

Rayven - Yeah, I have that problem with googling recipes too. I just want one, and I want it to be the best one.

You did have a heck of a day! That sounds so stressful and emotionally draining.....how are you doing today?

Saiyouri - Oh man, sorry to hear about the car damage. I hope it won't be too much of a hassle to get it fixed. Yay for the van!

I had some adventures this week. I was thinking about going back to martial arts, but I wanted to explore a new style. So I found a studio close to me that had decent reviews. I went in for a class and while I took it easy, I can barely walk today. It was interesting, but I won't be going back to that studio. They say the pledge of allegiance before every class. Fine, I have nothing against that. But I'm not there for that. I'm there to practice martial arts. And the owner's uniform was camo print, not the traditional white uniform. They had no roots from what I could tell. At my old studio, we had pictures of past grandmasters that we bowed to (this guy had us bowing to the flag). I've even gone to seminars taught by the current grandmaster with my old studio.

I think I'm going to explore going back to my old studio. We'll see though. I was on their website last night. I think Sifu turned it into some sort of mixed martial arts studio now, so I'm not quite sure what they offer anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 366, 367, 368  Next
Page 319 of 368