Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 am
Rayven wrote:
I know you love them. XD You're one of the few men, that I know at least, who see how special cats are. Very Happy So Nico prefers to be an only child huh?! XD I think Max would like that too. I mean, he likes Minnie and Bob, but he's better behaved when they're not around. Unfortunately he likes to show his affection for them by being a pest. Rolling Eyes

He definitely prefers to be an only child, the first people who took him to the shelter said that they had gotten a pair of kitten (after having Nico 7 or 8 years) and he was not amused. The day before I went to adopt him, someone else had beat me to him, but had returned him later that day for the same reason. That's why he was still available to me. . .and I am so grateful that they did.He is not a lap sitter nor does he like to be held (he is a big boy), his idea of snuggling is to use my hand as a pillow and he holds it tightly. (he does usually clean it before he rests his head on it).

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Rayven- Since we live in the cheaper apartments in the area and have the groups of people we do, she probably does business out of her own place.

Well plans changed. My daughter couldn't get the time off approved and isn't coming out now. And hubs was going to talk to her about just being her for a week since we both have had some sort of thoughts of her being here. She has had a issue in the past with stealing (something I'm hoping she's out-grown).

And again I haven't felt good for who knows what reason... I'm kinda sick of this. So her not coming out isn't really in my head. She didn't sound happy on the phone otherwise I have no idea what happened with her coming out period.

She became interested in forensics because of me. So I'm really hoping that she can go through with the classes.

I'm not sure if crafts that aren't using wood would interest her. She made something in wood shop in school and did a perfect job on it. I do know that by doing that she can do anything she wants to do cause she has it in her.

Hubs loves kitties, since they are out kids but way better. And he keeps getting shocked at how cats act like human children but way cuter and quieter. lol

Hubs has asked me how many kitties will be the perfect number for me so he knows how many we will have total in the future but I don't know what that number could be. I'm happy with our perfect family right now. Just wished Symphony wasn't a butt with her lil brother. I have hoped a new lil boy would maybe get her to have someone else to be close to besides her sister. No idea if that would happen but I can still hold out hope for it.

Sir Scarz, your lil boy is the cutest thing ever. That is so darn cute what he does to cuddle. I'd enjoy every moment if any of mine did that. Though they all grew up and don't like to cuddle.... Kitties I swear they are weird lil butts.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:37 pm
Sir Scarz-I'm glad that Nico was available for you, and that you don't mind his quirks. My last two dogs were adopted and brought back too. I believe they were meant for me. Some people just can't handle animals not being "perfect". I can put up with almost anything and make it work. I even find their quirks amusing most of the time. Very Happy That's so cute how he snuggles with you. Cats seem to think humans are dirty. I wish I had a penny for every time I touched a cat and then they cleaned themselves as if I contaminated them. I'd be a rich woman. XD Bob is one of the few cats I've met that doesn't seem to do that. Once in awhile he gets upset with me for kissing his ears though.

Saiyouri-Yeah, I can see how she might then. :/

Awww. I'm sorry to hear your daughter isn't coming. I can understand how you had mixed feelings about her coming though. My son also has sticky fingers. Mad He's really bad about it. Not usually with me, but with other people he knows, especially if he gets mad at them. He seems to think that gives him the right to take what he wants. I've talked to him about it many times, but it doesn't do any good. He got that from his father. That's one of the reasons I left his dad. I found out he was a thief. My son never even met his dad until he was 18 so apparently being a thief is genetic. Grr

Sometimes having too many cats can be a bad thing. I learned that the hard way, and I had to cut down on the number of cats I had. So many personalities mixed together can cause problems. Often it leads to the kitty litter box/boxes not being used properly which can lead to a smelly mess. Hopefully you won't ever have the problems I did.

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:21 pm
I have always felt he was meant for me and I have had a couple cats preciously that loved to snuggle with me or even sleep on my chest. I had a tuxedo cat named Oreo, that would lay on my chest and when he thought it was time to get up, he would lick my nose.

As to Nico, he is also very talkative, especially when I get home from work, it's like he is either telling me about his day or he's complaining because I was gone so long *chuckles* or possibly a little of both. He also is looking for a bunch of attention while I am making my coffee (pets and scritches) he is a character.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:03 pm
Awww. XD I once had a cat that would sleep on my hair and make biscuits. When I woke up my hair looked awful and it was all tangled up.

He's probably asking you what took you so long. XD When Bob meows it often sounds like "yeah". I like to ask him questions and see if he'll agree with me. Sometimes he does. Lol

That's Bob. The picture quality isn't great, but I love this picture of him.

Long-term Citizen
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Rayven- Bob is adorable.

I wished I could say my daughter didn't steal from me, but I can't. Hubs was worried about it. She did call and ask when she might be able to come out again and she seems to be looking into coming out again in couple months for a week only now.

I'm glad she isn't coming right now since I figured out what's causing me to feel sick.... I didn't have some soda with supper and felt great. So I'm having some blood sugar issues. If I drink soda, even a sip of it, I feel nauseous, tired, weak, shaky, tingly and get an upset stomach. I have no idea what is happening since this never happened before. None of this makes sense if I'm having too much sugar. This happened out of the blue. Not even slowly building up. >.> And having to get tests kinda scares me considering I just saw a article about Neil Armstrong's family sued a big medical thing here in Ohio for killing the man. Seems the surgeries he had for his heart he didn't even need and would still be alive. Ya I totally don't trust the medical system out here. >.>

Sir Scarz- You are lucky to have nice cuddly tuxedo boys. The only boy I had, I had a love/hate relationship with. He was a bit of a butt but I loved him. He had a cute lil white heart on his chest. I miss my Hamtaro. And it's so nice to have a kitty talking to you when you get home.

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:12 pm
Lady Rayven, what happened to Bob's picture? I did see it earlier.

I love that Nico talks so much, not just to me, but he chitters at the birds. It is funny to watch.

Lady Saiyouri, I have been fortunate enough to have two pretty cool tuxedo cats, Oreo and a little fellow I had found in my yard, we called Don Diego or Diego for short. He was a brave little cuss who would get on the patio roof and jump into my arms (I never had a cat do that before). We found him in the plants in our front yard, he had hidden under a bush and when I called "Here kitty" he popped up like a jack-in-the-box and rushed right on over like he knew he belonged. unfortunately we didn't have him very long as he was born with a bad ticker.

Were you drinking a regular soda or a diet soda? Most diet or no sugar drinks, my stomach can't handle, especially ones with stevia in it, they really affect me. I'm at the point of really having to watch my sugar input. Luckily I have pretty good insurance and have found a good Doctor (Nurse practitioner, actually).

I do distrust a lot of what is coming out as "medical fact". . .and it is so hard to keep up with the sugar is bad, except in moderation. . .coffee is bad, coffee is good. . .eggs are bad, eggs are good, egg yolks are bad, egg whites are good (but bland). . .they are up and down on so many things I think it goes back to moderation.

I even saw where there is a debate about these meatless burgers. . .they are not as healthy as people thought as sometimes their fat content is very high to achieve the taste and the ones made with soybeans are not that good for people with cholesterol problems or diabetes. . .so it seems that everything is bad or everything is good. . .maybe everything in moderation is the best.

If you can get the blood (and urine tests) fairly easily and inexpensively, it is a good idea. I have a friend who just found out he is diabetic (he has always been overweight and a bit unhealthy), but we finally convinced him to get the tests done. It is better to know than to guess. . .and there are ways that you can help without necessarily taking a lot of medications. . .homeopathic, vitamins and other supplements, too.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm
Saiyouri-Thanks. That's his sweet, curious look. XD

I would just try to hide anything you think she might take while she's there. I know that's easier said than done though. Hiding things from my son never went very well.

Do you have anxiety? Maybe the caffeine is making it worse. I can understand, but it probably would be a good idea to see someone about that.

Sir Scarz-Hmmm. I can see it. Can you see it now?

Bob does that too, but he fusses at them. XD

My Dad has been thinking of trying the meatless burgers just out of curiosity. I'm afraid to try them. It just sounds weird to me.

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Yay. . .Bob is back. I see him again.

I have a friend at work who got the one at burger king (the impossible burger, I think), his wife loved it, but to him it tasted a bit gritty, a bit off. He said he would never get it for himself again. So I guess it is a matter of taste. . .or lack of it.

Established Citizen
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 pm
Don't worry, ladies. Most the friends I've talked to don't get this much BS with the peri menopause.

Meatless burgers skeeve me out. Why the heck eat something that looks like meat if you think eating meat is wrong? **shudder**

I'm the opposite of diabetic. I have low blood sugar, which has led me to dislike a lot of sweets most the time. I can have stevia, myself, and I'm glad I can because I like the funny taste it adds to things. I also like its cousin, licorice root.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:54 pm
Sir Scarz- It was regular soda since I heard from a few different things that diet soda actually is supposed to make you gain more weight. Hubs and I are both worried about me getting tests to make sure there isn't something going odd with me having any sugar. Mostly because people here don't exactly do their job right. The place where I live can do blood tests right, one out by Strongsville though I'd rather poke my eye out than go there; they had a contaminated tube to put my blood in.... Plus it seems doctors like to shove you off to other locations for more tests when they can do it in the hospital they are currently residing in when you see them or the one down the street. I think I even broke my own brain stating that.

I know sugar in coffee creamer does nothing to me. So that is a plus. I just don't understand why something would smack me out of the blue. I felt great a few days ago and even had soda that day but the next it started to affect me. We both are wondering what is going on with my body. Like is this a new thing that she is going through for fun like other issues I've had in the past that were nothing.

Rayven- Sometimes caffeine only makes me jittery when I have too much of it and I know when that happens, (yes I do have anxiety). But I knew that the coffee wasn't affecting me with the weird things I was feeling.

Hi Tam. I hope you are feeling better.

Update on my son. >.>
He called yesterday and said that since the accident he's been having issues thinking and remembering things. He's messed up at work again and this is like the second or third time there and he could lose his job. Hubs said immediately that it could be brain damage.... But my poor boy can't see a doctor. He said insurance won't cover a brain scan since it's like 5k and he can't afford it out of pocket. So I'm really worried about him. We spoke of him maybe moving down with us and living with us until he can get a job. So that might happen. And this way in case he has issues with things someone is there by his side helping him through it. This man hasn't asked for help in his entire life and now he is by asking to move in with hubs and me. So I really want to help him out. I can at least try to pay him back for him always being at my side.

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm
Lady Tam, I feel the same about these meatless alternatives (?), if you are so anti-meat, why eat something that "tastes" like meat. . .it makes no sense.

Lady Saiyouri, I know what you mean about some of these labs being sketchy, we had one here that had contaminated the results of many people; luckily that isn't the one my insurance uses.

I am no fan of any diet drinks or "no sugar" drinks; some of that stuff they use as sugar substitutes are not that healthy. It seems strange that sugar would strike you out of the blue like that, but it sounds like your body is warning you about something is going on. I hope you can get answers.

It really sounds like your son's accident affected him more than initially thought. Having issues remembering things and thinking are definitely warning signs of something more serious. I can't believe his insurance wouldn't want to get him checked out properly (you really don't appreciate how good your insurance is until you hear the horror stories from others whose insurance really sucks). You would think that something could be done without putting someone deep in debt. It's a good thing if you are able to help him in any way you can.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:15 pm
Sir Scarz-Maybe Dad should just try it. What's the worst that can happen? XD Dad can eat practically anything. I usually hesitate to try new foods, especially if I'm out and have to pay for it. I don't want to have to pay for another meal if I can't eat the one I just bought.

Tam-I hope you're right, but I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Sad

I tried Stevia I think. It tastes diet, and I hate diet aftertaste. I'm glad you like it though.

Saiyouri-Oh I see. You know your own body. I was just throwing out ideas based off of mine. XD

I'm sorry to hear that your son isn't doing well. Perhaps he could go to the emergency room. They probably won't do it either, but it's worth a shot. I hope that if he does move in with you that he can get healthy and back on his feet.

Long-term Citizen
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 pm
Sir Scarz, I read more up on me being overly hungry and sugar and somethings I read said that sugar could be caused from how your body is metabolizing it. I'm now wondering if me being in a constant hungry mood could be causing it. At times I get in these moods that no matter how much I eat I'm not full. I'm used to it even though it's annoying. I just wonder if my metabolism is really active right now since I'm more hungry than I have been recently and I always eat more than hubs does.

Hmmm never thought of going to the ER to see if they could check him. In Wisconsin they do do things way different than other places. There is a chance they might actually try to see about a scan to find out what's causing his problems. If they don't and he does move in. I'm really hoping I can get it checked out. He was always so smart and not being able to think would be a huge killer for him. And I don't want to see a young man who as a teen read Stephen Hawking books for fun lose that part of him.

Thanks Rayven and Sir Scarz for you kind words on my son. I haven't heard from him yet, he does have a habit of not calling for awhile. And he is waiting to get a car from his father that he is going to be paying 2k for since the jeep he got after the accident had a electrical issue and the engine died out of the blue... >.> And if he is able to work still he's busy with that. I'm surprised that his job knowing he got in a accident isn't thinking that him having accidents could be caused by that... Kinda of a smack in the face thing to know. Since he did have time off for the accident....

I'm hoping when my body decides that it's getting enough food at a normal rate for me that I can see if sugar is ok again. That would really tell me if my stupid high metabolism is being kinda dumb and causing issues. Knowing how much my body doesn't even make sense and constantly confuses me since it's not normal compared to other people, I wouldn't be surprised that she's doing this for fun... My body really needs to see a shrink.

Established Citizen
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 pm
Yes, aspartame CAN cause weight gain. Yet another reason, besides headaches, for me to stay the heck away from the nasty stuff. I've found when I'm hungry no matter how much I eat that my body needs something. For me, it's often red meat. I eat beef, and my hunger goes away. Sometimes it's not beef, and I'll spend a winter eating sauerkraut or something I'm not usually able to eat.

It may not be brain damage. It can take our brains awhile to get over shocks. I hope it's something that'll heal. *hug*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315  Next
Page 312 of 315