Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 370, 371, 372  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:55 pm
Praedyth-I'm glad it's working well for you. Very Happy

Oh I see what you mean. Well, I still have dry skin even with the humidity. XD I usually forget to put lotion on. Embarassed

Unfortunately none. We used to have goldfish in there, but Dad didn't line the pond when he made it so the water drains out. We have to refill it all of the time. It's better now than it used to be. I guess the clay finally solidified some. Before it got better he kept finding the fish in small puddles, or worse, no water. He finally brought them in and put them in a fish tank. XD I've basically taken them over. They love to greet me hoping to get food. I think they're actually pigs. XD It's still a lovely pond though. The lily pads have taken over, and there are lots of frogs in there. Every time I walk by it I hear several frogs jump into the water. I've tried to tell them that I don't eat frogs, but I don't think they believe me.

I believe so. When Max is being "bad" I swear he is laughing at me. Lol

I've found that most dogs only like to get their feet wet for some reason. I used to have a Great Dane that would get in up to her chest, but refused to go any further.

I'm glad they behave well for you. Most of mine have too, but the last couple have tried my patience.

I guess he is basically a toddler considering his age. He's a little over a year old. Awww. Heelers are awesome dogs. Max is a Jack Russel/Beagle mix. Or at least he's supposed to be. Sometimes we wonder if it isn't Basset instead of Beagle. I have some pictures of him on my profile page here on Zan if you'd like to see the little stinker. XD

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:21 pm
My boy Tank used to love to lay down in a little wading pool I had. . .and when it was raining, he love going out it the rain and playing. . .and when I would hose down the yard, he would try to drink it all. He always had so much fun in water of any kind. (even his baths).

It was interesting seeing how the rest of the country dealt with their heat wave. One thing we never have to worry about (well, almost never) is humidity with our 100 plus temps. . .at one point Chicago was still 97 at about 1 AM there, with the humidity it equaled 105 (the high we had in Vegas that day).

I have a friend that move to Florida to work at Disney World, his first complaint was about humidity (something he rarely felt growing up in Vegas). . .the 2nd thing he complained about. . .the bugs!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:08 am
Sir Scarz-I bet it was fun to watch Tank play in the water. Very Happy I enjoy watching Max even though he only gets a drink and gets his feet wet.

I'm glad you have the no humidity thing going for you at least. I've heard it makes a big difference. I've lived with humidity my whole life so I don't think I'm a good judge. Although I can tell when it is more humid than usual. I know it's particularly humid when I go outside after dark and I still feel sticky. Grr

I had a friend growing up that moved here from Florida. She always talked about the heat, bugs, and the horrible water. I'm not sure if all of Florida has terrible water though.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:29 am
Scarz wrote:
I have a friend that move to Florida to work at Disney World, his first complaint was about humidity (something he rarely felt growing up in Vegas). . .the 2nd thing he complained about. . .the bugs!

Rayven wrote:
I had a friend growing up that moved here from Florida. She always talked about the heat, bugs, and the horrible water. I'm not sure if all of Florida has terrible water though.

Yeah... Florida is ... errm... special...
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:57 pm
Queen Blaze-You poor thing. I assume Florida must have some redeeming qualities or no one would live there. People do crazy things to be near the beach and Disney World though. XD

Long-term Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 pm
Rayven- Well my body is working like normal. At least I know what's going on by reading up on it. Read through multiple forums of women talking about this and that has helped me understand that ya... Our bodies are really in need of mental help since they like to torture us.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Praedyth- I'm originally from the midwest and yes the storms I liked cause it was cooler but I always regretted the fun it brought after things settled down. Summers were not fun. But watching things fly past my home was a nice show to watch.

I've been feeling ick with the weather cooling off cause my body was reacting to the temp change and I would not do anything at night cause there is just too much going on at once again. So when I go to sleep for the last few nights, I couldn't sleep for a few hours. >.> I'm going to try to force myself to do small craft things today to see if that helps me sleep. This way I'm actually doing something and hopefully it will help calm me enough to sleep since I did something instead of staring at my phone wanting to do something but end up doing nothing cause everything is just too overwhelming.

My daughter might end up staying with hubs and I for 2 weeks next month.... Yes it would be nice to see her... but I have/ or should I say we have nothing in common with her. She's a typical teen. Always on her phone and she loves to draw and paint. She is really good at that. But otherwise we have nothing in common and I can't figure out what to do with her for that long of a time. So I'm trying to figure that part out and so far nothing is going well. >.>

Hubs did get 3 really nice tempered glass/metal tables for the living room for free and we got a new stove from someone who moved out next door. The maintenance guy that hubs is friends with brought it over last night. Everything on it works and it's a newer one instead of the old style that a light would stay on all day long from out last one we had. So that's a plus. And the kitties even helped decorate the tables. So many lil paw prints all over the glass. They do great job at decorating. I swear people should be hiring these cuties to decorate their homes. They'd make it big with that career.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:27 pm
Rayven wrote:
Queen Blaze-You poor thing. I assume Florida must have some redeeming qualities or no one would live there. People do crazy things to be near the beach and Disney World though. XD

LOL! Yes, Florida has many redeeming qualities! It's absolutely lovely here most of the year. The beaches are gorgeous. There are a lot of things to do, many things to explore (outside of the various theme parks, of which there are plenty), but it is sea-level (or thereabouts) and tends to be swampy -especially during the summer rainy season- which accounts for all the bugs and yes, it's often very very humid... July-September can be particularly brutal with the heat & humidity...

*waves to everyone*
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:50 pm
Saiyouri-XD Yeah especially as we get older.

Thank you. I'm glad you are too. Very Happy

I wouldn't worry too much about having things in common with your daughter. As long as she can be well behaved while she's there, I think it will go fine. Maybe ask her what she'd like to do? Within reason of course. XD

Congrats on the new stuff! Very Happy I agree. I know most people hate it, but I love to see cat prints on stuff, especially cars. I giggle every time I see that. Laughing

Queen Blaze-That's good to hear. XD Maybe Florida is different than South Carolina. I went there once and I was disappointed with the ocean there. The water was all brown. The locals said it was all stirred up from a recent storm, but I wasn't convinced. There were also no waves to speak of. I was expecting blue water with waves. Maybe I expect too much. XD Someone told me I'd probably prefer the Pacific Ocean. *shrugs* However, I had a great time anyway because I just love being near/in water. I also loved the experience of only seeing water as far as the eye could see. It reminded me of how I hear people describe the Grand Canyon. It was very awe-inspiring and humbling. Very Happy I did manage to get myself into trouble with the lifeguards for trying to go out too far. Grr I thought I had it under control, but apparently they disagreed. I'm sure they knew better. I'm used to rivers, not oceans. That's something else I want to see...swamps! I've always wanted to go to Louisiana to see the bayous. I also want to see Spanish Moss. I'm sure that sounds really weird but I have a good reason. It's been in a lot of the books I've read, and they make it sound so ethereal or something. XD

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Rayven wrote:
Maybe Florida is different than South Carolina.

LOL... yes, Florida is quite different than S.C. Yes - it's much flatter, much sandier, less rocky, the trees are different, and depending on what side of the peninsula you're on, the water is different. We're on the west coast -the Gulf of Mexico side- of Florida, and it's a very different thing than dealing with the Atlantic Ocean. The fresh water is littered with alligators and other things that look like they crawled out of some prehistoric era or another and tends to be swampy if it's not a real pond or lake... unless it's a natural spring, in which case the water is absolutely crystal clear.

Rayven wrote:
I also loved the experience of only seeing water as far as the eye could see.

You're landlocked, aren't you, Rayven? Yeah, I can see where that would be a unique experience for you. I've always been near water, although I don't always take advantage of it with the kayaks or beaches or whatnot. I can't imagine living in an area that's landlocked.

Rayven wrote:
I also want to see Spanish Moss...

LOL- I understand, actually. The books do make it sound ethereal (Thank you, Anne Rice)... and it can be, if you tend towards the poetic. But it can choke trees and tends to make a mess everywhere...

Saiyouri wrote:
She's a typical teen. Always on her phone and she loves to draw and paint.

Saiyouri, maybe look in to whatever is going on near where you live... my teens (boys) tend to do movies with friends, laser tag, and things like rock wall climbing, fishing, and kayaking, but you could also look in to a local ice or roller skate rink, or since she loves to draw, see if there's an art fair in the area, or an art museum...? Good luck Yes
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm
Voltra? I think I looked at that for awhile, but it's hard for me to stick to avatar sites. Usually too many people. >.>;

I've been in peri menopause since I hit thirty. I'm forty five now. The bloody period is starting to feel like it never ends.

Queen Blaze, I've never seen the ocean, to my memory. I'm a child of the egg basket hills and the Northcentral Alberta bush.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:51 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
LOL... yes, Florida is quite different than S.C. Yes - it's much flatter, much sandier, less rocky, the trees are different, and depending on what side of the peninsula you're on, the water is different. We're on the west coast -the Gulf of Mexico side- of Florida, and it's a very different thing than dealing with the Atlantic Ocean. The fresh water is littered with alligators and other things that look like they crawled out of some prehistoric era or another and tends to be swampy if it's not a real pond or lake... unless it's a natural spring, in which case the water is absolutely crystal clear.

Oh I see. So it does matter where you are. I thought maybe all of the Atlantic looked the same. I can't imagine dealing with gators all the time, but I would love to see them in their natural habitat.

Blazestorm wrote:
You're landlocked, aren't you, Rayven? Yeah, I can see where that would be a unique experience for you. I've always been near water, although I don't always take advantage of it with the kayaks or beaches or whatnot. I can't imagine living in an area that's landlocked.

Yeah, I'm about as landlocked as possible. XD Almost smack dab in the middle of the country. Actually, a couple of towns over was deemed the center of the United States a few years ago. I guess that changes? Confused I mean we have rivers, lakes, and creeks but we don't always take advantage of them either. I guess when you live by something all your life it doesn't seem quite as amazing. I do love to be in any body of water. Well, I'm not too fond of lakes and ponds. I like to be able to see the bottom, especially if the water is not constantly moving. I don't know what I'm afraid of. Lol The ocean didn't bother me though. Being landlocked isn't so bad. I think I feel safer here.

Tam-You're not giving me much hope about my future feminine issues. It sounds like they'll never go away. XD

Long-term Citizen
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:10 pm
Rayven- Kitty prints I bet are a cat's thing to show they own the place. I have no idea. I don't understand my cuties at times. I find it annoying since I see mine all the time since the table is right at the window and the sun shines on it constantly. >.> It's like there is a grease spot on the table that's huge.

Rayven & Queen Blaze- Thanks for the ideas. Hubs and I can't afford to use uber or lyft cause they cost too much and the closest museum is like 2hrs away >.> My daughter loves to talk to friends, draw, paint and write poems (she's like her mom). I know she'd enjoy talking to us since she talks to me all the time about her 'father'. We did talk to her and let her know to bring tons of things with her to keep her occupied and warned her on the neighbors we have. (Just found out there is a prostitute here..... Why didn't I think that wouldn't be shocking to learn?)

Hubs and I know of a hangout-ish area but they have laser-tag and video games there, but she's not into that stuff. If she'd at least try to learn how to use a computer and fix things on it, then that would help. Though she has talked to hubs about fixing something on her laptop so that might be a plus. That's something that would be helpful for her to know when she moves into her own place and when she starts up college work. She already found one place that has the course she wants to do; forensic science. So that might be something we can do. Help her figure out how to fix things in case something goes wrong with homework again (she already had that with high school work). Otherwise I have no idea what else I can do.

She's great with her hands, but not sure she has talent for the crafts I do. I wished things were easier to do with her. My son, that's easy as heck.

Tam-... That doesn't sound that comforting to what could happen in the future for me. I think I might try to cut things out if that happened to me. *hugs* I really hope things go better for you and your body is a bit kinder to you.

Well I did cut out 10 or so things and already got 3 finished and almost done with a forth. I'm actually sleeping a bit better. Playing a game and then working on needlepoint projects at night is helping calming my head enough for it to allow me to sleep. I've been watching what I eat and drink later in the day and I think that has been helping as well.

Oh and hubs badly wants a forth fur ball. I'm happy with my 3 babies. We would have to wait to get a car til we can get a forth. Seems it might not be too hard to get. Hubs has been looking more into it and has a set pay per month he wants and is sticking to it. So he's trying really hard on figuring out the best options for us. Hope we can get one. It would help so much.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Saiyouri-I definitely think that's at least part of the reason. XD I can understand that. I used to have a glass table, and it was hard to keep clean.

No problem. I know how hard it can be to keep kids entertained. I'm sure you all will find plenty to do without even leaving the house. Yes If she gets stir crazy, maybe she can go for a walk. Wow. I can't say I'd be shocked, but I hope she goes and does it somewhere else instead of in her apartment.

Forensics is interesting. I think I probably would have enjoyed that. I didn't even think of it at the time though, and I doubt I ever get to go back to school.

Is she interested in crafts? If she is, I'm sure she can learn.

I can't believe your hubby wants another cat. XD There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just unusual for a man to want cats. Most of the men I know don't like them. That's very sweet though, and much better than him fussing about them.

Defender of the Realm
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Rayven wrote:
I can't believe your hubby wants another cat. XD There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just unusual for a man to want cats. Most of the men I know don't like them. That's very sweet though, and much better than him fussing about them.

Ahem. . .I love cats. . .I have had more cats than I have had dogs and if Nico could put up with other cats, I would have more (that's why he was still available when I adopted him and him me). . .But I do know what you mean.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 am
Scarz wrote:
Ahem. . .I love cats. . .I have had more cats than I have had dogs and if Nico could put up with other cats, I would have more (that's why he was still available when I adopted him and him me). . .But I do know what you mean.

I know you love them. XD You're one of the few men, that I know at least, who see how special cats are. Very Happy So Nico prefers to be an only child huh?! XD I think Max would like that too. I mean, he likes Minnie and Bob, but he's better behaved when they're not around. Unfortunately he likes to show his affection for them by being a pest. Rolling Eyes
Page 311 of 372