Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 313, 314, 315  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:43 pm
Sir Scarz- My hubs wants to move to Wisconsin in the future when we can save up for it. First we need to buy a new car then we can save up for it. The winters are a huge plus for him. He never even realized how bad things are in Ohio and he's born and raised here. I pointed things out here and there that he never noticed. Kinda what happens when your nose is in video games and blocking the entire world out. I don't blame him though. >.> I try to make sure going to the doctor doesn't happen since I ran into all the ones that got their degrees out of cracker jack boxes. *cries*

No idea what's going on with the moron teen though. Nothing happened last night. Hubs told me that there were several out looking for him the night it happened. My guess he will get a 800$ like the other guys got who had a stash of fireworks sitting on the property.. Even though the teen was worse, I am not keeping out hope for much since this place..... no one does their job the right way.

Hubs has thought of getting a wireless doorbell, but kinda forgot about looking into one this month. I probably should put that sucker on the list. Might help. >.> Thankfully the bug issues isn't happening like last month. Getting carpenter ants in your apartment is kinda annoying. But it doesn't help our tree is right in front of the balcony. I still can't figure out how all the trees I've seen here are dying/dead/diseased. I miss live healthy trees. So pretty.

Our kitties are kinda special but that's what makes them perfect to ignore things. So darn cute. Especially when one just tries to catch a spot on the wall for no reason whatsoever or just flies... They are truly perfect.

Rayven- His mom calmed down by the time she got home. He forgot to tell his mom we forgot that she was coming over, but said it was good because that wouldn't of made things any better for us lol.

Thanks for the offer. I don't think hubs could take tornadoes. They don't faze me since I grew up with warnings all the time and nothing happening. But hubs over worries about us so that wouldn't be good for him to be near lol. Can't have him having a heart attack, knowing him he would.

I finally finished one piece last night. Still finishing up the biscornu. Kinda hard to make time for playing a game, working on cross stitching during the day at the same time. I'm kinda failing at spacing the time between it all horribly. >.>

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:28 pm
Lady Saiyouri, sometimes it is easy to miss the obvious when your attention is somewhere else. The hardest part about moving is the cost and sometimes it seems an insurmountable, but it can be done.

Many of the doctors here are either past their retirement time or moved her from Ohio *chuckles* I finally found a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) who lets you ask questions and isn't afraid to answer them or explain why she is recommending the treatment she is (something my last doctor never did). . .I still have to list her associated Doctor as my Primary, but I make my appointments to her. It is hard to find competent medical help.

I really hope they catch the kid and give him more than a fine (community service cleaning up after a house fire might be appropriate, if they aren't going to flog him).

Any time your place is invaded by insects it can get crazy and then to have most greenery dying around you it can be sad. I had an old palo verde in my backyard, it had been there forever. I noticed each year we lost more and more greenery and then a couple years back the tree split and collapsed in the backyard (luckily it was far enough away from the house and didn't fall on the neighbor's house). It had been slowly rotting away (not sure what kind of infestation it had), luckily whatever caused the problem, never touched our elm trees and shoe string acacias.

I have had a couple kitties that were kind special, they really do know how to pull at the heartstrings. Did you ever think to get one of those little laser pointers? I got one for Nico when I first got him, but he got easily bored of it.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:09 pm
Tam-I can understand that. Some places just don't have four distinct seasons. Maybe you should move then. XD

Sir Scarz-Perhaps that's what the case was. I believe in at least one case that their band had caused a riot the last time they visited.

XD It sounds like...a lot. I would like to see it at least once, but I couldn't handle living there. Living in the city for three years taught me that. I'm a country girl through and through.

We usually don't shovel snow at my house. XD It melts eventually. I can understand that. Missouri tends to freak out about snow sometimes too. While we do get it, we often go long periods of time without much of it, and so people tend to forget how to handle it. Actually, people in the city here can't even seem to drive in the rain, let alone snow. XD When I still lived in the city, every time it rained (and it didn't even have to rain hard) I would see wreck after wreck. That's what they get for driving bumper to bumper, and not slowing down during slick conditions. *shakes head*

Saiyouri-We have a lot of trees dying here too. Not just at our house, but everywhere. I keep trying to get Dad to call the conservation department. They will come out and tell you what's wrong, and what you might be able to do about it. For some reason he's not interested. *shrugs* I guess I'll just keep planting trees to replace the ones we're losing, but they grow soooo slow.

XD Yeah, I doubt she'd want to be forgotten.

I understand. My Mom is scared to death of them too. She had me scared of them too when I was little. In 3rd grade Mom had brought popsicles for my birthday, and my class was just starting to eat them when the tornado alarm went off. So there we were in the hallway, protecting our heads and necks against the wall, and there was a large puddle going down the hallway from everyone's popsicles melting. Adding to the puddle was my tears. I was bawling my eyes out because I was so scared. The poor guys on either side of me kept looking at me with pity. After that I decided I wasn't going to get scared anymore because I can't stop it anyway. It worked because I don't get scared anymore.

Well I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think there's any rush is there? I mean, you're not making them for someone right?

Established Citizen
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 pm
But that's just it, Rayven. This IS four season country. It just doesn't happen anymore. And I think there's trees dying all over the world, because the climate's getting different.

Ugh. On Thursday someone LOOKED at me while I was sitting on the toilet in the public restroom at the mall. I'm glad I wear skirts. They saw nothing embarrassing to me.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 am
Lady Tam, with the increase of CO2, you would think that the plants and trees would be doing better.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 am
Tam-Oh I see what you mean. That's hard to get used to.

Shocked Were they peeking through the crack? Confused

Yeah you would think so, but maybe too much of a good thing is bad for the trees?

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:47 am
Hmmm, Lady Rayven, possibly, but every scientific report I read said the CO2 may make the earth warmer, but the plants would Love it. . .and with more plants would be more oxygen.
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:22 pm
i thought that i would post a hello
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Sir Scarz-Perhaps the warmer temperatures are also good for bacteria, etc. that can attack plants though? I'm not sure. Just throwing out ideas. Very Happy One thing I know for sure, if there's any way for plants/trees to adapt, they will. Life almost always finds a way.

Strider Rose-Hi! It's nice to meet you. Very Happy How have you been doing?
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Rayven wrote:
Sir Scarz-Perhaps the warmer temperatures are also good for bacteria, etc. that can attack plants though? I'm not sure. Just throwing out ideas. Very Happy One thing I know for sure, if there's any way for plants/trees to adapt, they will. Life almost always finds a way.

Strider Rose-Hi! It's nice to meet you. Very Happy How have you been doing?

doing alright . i am hoping to make alot of friends here . by the way do you know where i can get a cat tail and ears ?
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:53 pm
Yeah, they were peeking through the crack.

Yes, it's warmer, and there's more CO2, but the water is also not coming in the amount they're used to. And there is also all the toxins in the environment now and stuff like that.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm
Tam-That's awful. I hope they were only trying to see if the stall was occupied.

Speaking of water, we're actually getting some rain today. Very Happy We needed it badly. Even though it hasn't been that long since the rains stopped, we've been so hot that our soil is cracking.

Established Citizen
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:53 pm
I really don't think that was the case, but like I said, my skirt saved my dignity.

Wow. That IS dry.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm
Wow, Lady Tam, that really is creepy, I usually look to see if there are feet visible or if the door is locked (mainly because I don't want to look through the crack and be shocked, as some things once seen cannot be unseen).

In Vegas, I have never seen the ground crack (probably because we are in a desert) and we get very little rain.(I have seen it elsewhere, just not in Vegas (108 F today).

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:55 pm
Tam-Wow. *shakes head and mumbles about stupid perverts* I'm glad nothing bad happened. Dignity or not, I'd have yelled at them and maybe even come out of the stall swinging if they didn't go away. XD What did you do?

Yeah. I saw one 1/2"-3/4" wide crack that I couldn't see the bottom of. Shocked I'm sure it was down there somewhere, but I would have needed a flashlight to see it.

Sir Scarz-I do too. I only look through the crack if I'm in serious doubt (sometimes you can't see the feet easily if they're short), and I really need to use the bathroom. I don't want to see anything that might scar me either, and I don't want to embarrass anyone.

Our ground doesn't normally crack this bad, but we went from having tons of rain to none at all. Plus it's been pretty hot. I guess the mud solidifies and cracks easier. You poor thing. We're supposed to get up into the upper 90's later this week, with a heat index of 100-110. My Dad's going to be so crabby. XD
Page 309 of 315