Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310  Next
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 pm
Triggers, huh? I worried my stupid self sick last week. Literally. I got a cold. It's nearly over though.

Lovely rainy notstorm day here. One of those nearly all day rains that come down sweet and steady, and the birds yap right through them. We've had thunderstorms most days the past week. Just the usual blink and you miss 'em Alberta storms, only more often and earlier than usual.

What's one of those, Saiyouri? Bis... thingie?

I have such a meat craving, but I don't have any in the house. Or the cash on hand to get some. I hate long weekeneds. XD

I bought a new doll dress, because it's purple. Thankfully, underthings fit beneath it. The doll's wearing the staff, hair, wings, and dress in this. https://i.imgur.com/RQg5o6D.png

I am So NOT going to miss peeing my pants from sneezing.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:41 pm
Saiyouri-No need to apologize. I'm just glad you're ok. Very Happy A new dining room table sounds nice. What is it made out of? I always wind up with round wooden ones. XD

Oh wow. I've never had anybody threaten that yet. It's just as well. I'd have probably told him if he was that stupid, to go ahead and carve my name in his arm. He's the one that will have to go through the pain. XD I don't blame her for being worried about all of that though. A rape whistle is a good idea. We should all have one of those just in case.

That's good. I was hoping she was doing alright.

I'm glad you found some stuff to keep you busy so you don't worry so much. I wish my Mom would do that. She just sits around worrying all of the time.

We're doing ok here. It's really hot, but it's about time. The hot weather was late this year. I don't like the heat but I'm tired of the rain so at least it's a change.

Riley-Our family is the same way. We rarely see our extended family, especially on my Dad's side. It's nice to be back here with my Mom and Dad though so I can celebrate with them. I still did when I lived far away, but it's so much easier now.

Thanks for the luck. Very Happy It must have worked because everyone was on their best behavior. XD

Tam-I'm glad your cold is better.

I'm glad it's you getting the rain, especially since you like it. Our rain finally seems to be over. It was here a lot later than usual.

Do you have any nuts? That might help a little.

Awww. So pretty! Very Happy

XD From your cold?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:25 pm
Tam - Sometimes I get so stressed out that I make myself sick too. Hasn't happened in a long time, thankfully.

I tried looking at the link, but it said it had been removed?

Rayven - I'll see my grandma and aunt on my dad's side occasionally, but that's it. And it's gotten to the point recently where I'm trying to avoid my aunt. I send everyone Christmas cards, and I addressed it as Aunt but I didn't call her husband Uncle. She told me that hurt her, and wanted me to call him Uncle. They've been married forever, so it's not like he's new to the family. But I'm 31. He has never filled an Uncle role, so why should I call him Uncle? I see him maybe a couple times a year if I'm lucky. What I didn't tell her, was that she doesn't really fill an Aunt role either, but that's a separate issue. Drama llama, oi.

I'm glad that everyone behaved themselves! XD Things are always much more pleasant when that happens. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 pm
Riley-Apparently our families have a lot in common. Except that your Aunt at least told you how she felt. Neither side of my family does that. They wait until they are so bitter they explode, if ever at all. Rolling Eyes I remember telling one of my aunts that I loved her when I was a kid. She completely ignored me. I never bothered saying it again. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are all pretty useless. It was slightly better when I was a kid, but I only see one of my aunts now. We're not close, but at least I see her. Grandma was complaining yesterday about how none of us even knew each other anymore. I didn't bother saying that I had always wanted to be a close family, but no one else ever wanted to put in the effort so I stopped trying. Yeah, always with the drama. Lol

Yeah. XD

Established Citizen
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:14 am
Yup, sneezing from the cold. And now Aunt Flo's hit.

No, Riley, the picture's still there. It's just Zan's gremlins getting in the way again.

I wouldn't know any of my aunts or uncles if I saw them, I don't think. And I'm not sure I'd know my brothers and sisters, either.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:54 pm
I hope this image link works for the biscornu Tam.

Rayven- The table seems to be real wood and it's oval shaped. With short chairs but they do work. For 40something total that is pretty darn good.

I have a son update, he's allowed to stay at my mom's for another 6months instead of his car so hopefully nothing goes wrong with his car and he can move into a place during that time. No idea on my daughter, she forgets to call all the time lol.

Yesterday was a bad day. At first it was reading about Nike removing a new sneaker cause some idiot made a bad comment about the first US flag, then later that night... Symphony could of died. No idea how this happened but she got locked in a drawer I keep my nail polish in for a few hours. She is ok, her nails are really messed up though. And when hubs heard her, she was desperately trying to get air when he was opening the drawer. I can't think of how it happened. I opened it and closed the drawer and didn't step away or anything so we removed them and are looking into dresser alternatives. I refuse to use drawers ever again in this house. She's gotten into the drawer before but never like this. >.> I need to really work on keeping my mind off things today since this really messed me up. Hubs keeps reminding me it wasn't my fault it was an accident and there is nothing to worry about.

I on the other hand realized that she's stupider than my tiger tabby I had year ago who tore out of a room when air didn't move. >.> Symphony is so beautiful.

I so need a break from life.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 am
Tam-I was going to say. I don't think when that starts it usually stops, but it would get better from having a cold. Some older women do it all the time no matter what. XD I don't even want to start that.

Awww. Do you miss your brothers and sisters Tam?

Saiyouri-That was a good deal! Very Happy

I'm glad she decided to let him stay a little longer. Having a homeless child isn't fun.

My Dad has been throwing a fit about that too. He said if another company decides to make them he will buy a pair even though he doesn't wear sneakers. XD This country is falling apart. Crying or Very sad United we stand, divided we fall. Oh no! The poor thing! I'm glad she's ok. I bet she was so scared. I know how that made you feel as her mom. No, it wasn't your fault. It was just an accident. I'm glad to hear you are thinking of ways to prevent it from happening again. All we can do is learn from bad experiences. If it makes you feel any better, my Mom accidentally killed my cat in the dryer when I was a kid. She didn't see her jump in there. By the time she meowed it was already too late. Crying or Very sad Mistakes happen, especially to curious cats.

That's like what my Mom has always said. When someone does something stupid she'll say, "It's a good thing they're cute." XD

I think we all could. I took my son to the river today and he about drove me nuts. Zoned

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:47 am
Rayven - And that's just my dad's side of the family. My mom's side is just as neurotic. I'm sad but glad that our get together's are few and far between. Or not at all. I learned some things about my mom's side of the family that gave me a lot of anger. And if they're going to be like that, I don't have any room in my life for them.

Tam - Ugh, Zan gremlins. We should have a pet item named Zantarni Gremlin.

Long-term Citizen
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Rayven- I just wished people would stop saying stupid things now a days, things are never going to get better only worse. And it's already worse, I don't want it ever worse than it is now.

Wow, poor mom and kitty.

Clothes are out of the dresser, both of ours and they are on the floor for the time being. I went in my drawers day before yesterday and it felt wrong. So when hubs went out to talk to a guy who lives by us, I took all his clothes out. Symphony is acting normal and her tootsies are seeming ok from the boo boos she got. Which is good. I just hope I don't freak out for too much longer, this isn't going to help with my sleep.

Now to try to be calm all day since yesterday was a bad day for me. Hopefully tomorrow hubs can get the new dresser alternative tomorrow when he goes shopping so I can finally get the clothes organized and I so hope we can get tables for our room so we can toss that dresser. I kinda hate looking at it.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:27 pm
Riley-I can totally understand that. My Mom's side of the family is worse too.

How do your fur babies handle fireworks? Max seems to be handling them better than Chase did, but not as well as I'd like. Hopefully he'll get used to them.

Saiyouri-Unfortunately I think it's only going to get worse, and we really only have ourselves to blame. We've let the whole politically correct thing go too far. All someone has to say is that they're offended and we stop doing and saying what we want. I don't ever want to offend anyone, but I refuse to let my freedoms be taken away either. As with everything in life there is a middle ground that we should aim for. I could go on and on but I'm just going to shut up now. XD

Yeah. That was a bad day.

Now that you're not using the dresser anymore things should get better.

I hope you have a good day and don't stress out too much.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Very Happy Let freedom ring!

Long-term Citizen
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm
Rayven- I agree with you. Completely.

And not using a dresser, we can do other things in the room. Make it comfy looking besides a bed and a place for clothes like we would of done.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I just need to try to keep my mind occupied and keep myself busy. Hubs said he might try to get at least one nightstand for our room today if he can afford it. This way we can get rid of the dresser today and just be done and over with it. Plus he's been looking into getting a car and we might be able to do it this year if things work out right. So that's a plus.

Just need to keep positive and busy and things will be alright.

I hope everyone had a good 4th yesterday.

Now for me to stay awake while hubs does shopping and make sure I get the laundry set out so we can finally do the darn thing. It being in the closet isn't helping with remembering that it's something we really should do.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 pm
Rayven - Kaylee and Gandalf don't seem to mind the fireworks. Heavy rain and thunder bother the puppers more than anything. We're watching a friend's doggo for about a week, and he was a bit bothered by them. But he gets hemp/CBD treats, so that calmed him down.

I guess I'm still a bit of an optimist. My hope is that things will get better. I know that if everyone stops working toward a better world, we'll never get there. Bob Marley is an inspiration. He got shot before he was to perform at a concert, but he still performed anyways. And when he was asked why, he said, "The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I? Light up the darkness."

Established Citizen
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:00 pm
I never really knew them, Rayven. I was so crazy that I was mostly locked inside myself when we were together.

Saiyouri, could get clear plastic dressers. I've got a few of those.

Riley, don't worry, be happy.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:53 pm
Saiyouri-Thanks for saying that Saiyouri. I rarely get told that. XD Although me and Dad agree on most things, but once in awhile we disagree on what is right and wrong or how things should be done.

That's true. You'll definitely have more room.

I really hope you can get a car. I know that would make things much easier for you.

I had a great fourth even though when we went to watch a big display they never started. Grr We waited over an hour and finally gave up. A lot of people were still waiting though. I have no idea what went wrong. I hope they'll have something about it in the paper next week.

Did your neighbors put off a lot of fireworks?

Riley-Awww. I'm glad they did ok. That would probably calm me down too. XD

I agree. I'm not suggesting we stop trying. Just....cut out some of the nonsense. I get tired of all the bickering. XD Wow. That must have been hard to perform like that, but very brave. What he said is totally true.

Tam-Oh. It's just as well I guess. That way you're not in pain from missing them.

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:45 pm
Tam- Hubs got a 9 cube wooden organizer from Walmart and it's working really good for the clothing. Our socks are sitting on the top of it. Hubs said he really likes how it looks. I have thought of plastic things, but I kinda don't know if it's something either of us might like later on. Even though it would be in the closet, I don't think hubs would like something like that sitting in there.

Rayven- Hubs thinks we can get on soon but not sure how the finances would be next month. Our electric bill this month isn't too bad. Like 83-84 which is a huge improvement from 100 something from the previous years. Me staying in the living room for the most of the day is helping out alot.

Our neighbors put off M80s I think hubs called them on the 3rd or night of the 4th. And the city ones went off yesterday. It actually wasn't too bad. Which was shocking. Thankfully I didn't have to get annoyed by that stuff.

We got the closet done now to toss the dresser and set up the two tables for our room today. I'm tired as heck right now and yesterday I got **** from the stress for the last 2 months then I started to get hurt from doing simple things like walking. >.> I really hope things calm down soon for me. I'm driving hubs nuts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310  Next
Page 306 of 310