Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Tam-Yeah. Old pumpkins are fun to throw too. Very Happy

Saiyouri-That's a good idea! Anything is worth a shot when you're in pain. I've never had acupuncture, but I'd be willing to try it.

Awww. XD What a cute cat family. Very Happy Today Bob caught a flying bug, then he dropped it, and Max ate it. XD They make quite the team.

I hope you and your son have a good talk. Very Happy I hate getting calls when I'm in the shower! Luckily I don't get many phone calls anymore. My son never fails to call at the worst time though. XD I'm usually eating something messy.

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 06, 2019 11:04 am
Rayven- Now to remind him on making the call today.

I just wished Night would take more interest in her own sister. Symphony is now coming up to me to be touched and just now Night was sitting right next to me.... I swear she's a butt of a cat at times. I can understand Zell. He's trying for attention from Night and me and does the hard work with Symphony. Night on the other hand does nothing. Though hubs does think that Night speaking to her sister.... is actually hard. Last night he mentioned he thinks she forces her lil meows. >.> I wouldn't doubt it's true but it's sad that lil girl has that weak of lil lungs. Though she is a small lil girl who's almost the big 2 this year.

Your kitties are cute. At least they are working together and it's not a bad thing. Always a plus when kitties do that.

Well son called yesterday morning. Talked like 5 mins and he said he'd call back cause he got another call. He also had work at 3. Well he never called back. Good thing I'm not like other parents who'd get upset. He could of forgotten me (lol) or since he's staying with my 'mom' she wouldn't let him call me. No idea why she hates her only child but whatever, I do think she's a tad crazy. Though my daughter always calls majority of the time at meal times or close to bed for us. Though she's the one who randomly calls all day long and just wants to hear other voices. So it's not that much of an issue.

Though you gotta love getting a call and your hands are covered in something. I think your son has perfect timing Very Happy LOL Kids, gotta love em. I think thats the saying HAHAHA.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 06, 2019 4:56 pm
Saiyouri-Night may just be more introverted. Usually introverted cats are less vocal too. At least they get along for the most part. It would be worse if they all fought.

XD Yeah.

Awww. I'm sorry you didn't get to talk to your son long. He probably just got busy. My son does that to me too.

XD One day I had bbq sauce all over them. I didn't get my hands washed in time, and when he called right back he asked why I didn't answer the phone. I told him I was washing my hands. XD I try not to complain. I always feel relieved when he calls so I at least know he's alright.

We're supposed to get more rain. :/ I just hope I can get some yardwork done before it starts.

Long-term Citizen
Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 am
Rayven- I wouldn't doubt Night has issues with speaking. When we first got both girls, Night accidentally suffocated. Hubs tried to put on something to get rid of the fleas we found they had and didn't realize he cut off her breathing when he held her in a certain position. So her having to force her voice that is extremely quiet wouldn't be too shocking to me.

She is afraid of people and really can't handle loud sounds of any sort, but she isn't too bad with being social. She was the first one to go near Zell when we brought him home. Night just doesn't make much sense when compared to other runts I've read about.

Well to be honest I heard from my daughter, my son talks to his father more often. Almost daily basis. Though I do understand why he's doing that. He's still under his control in a sense so he won't break that bad cycle until he moves into his own place and can finally break free from the bad people in his family. So I don't really mind it too much. I completely understand and know what's going through his brain since I had the same problems in my life until I moved away from everyone toxic.

LOL that is definatley being caught with messy hands. Aww. That is true though. Hearing their voice is relaxing since you know they are alive or doing good.

I have no idea what we are supposed to be getting. I gave up paying attention. I just know on the cooler days, all of a sudden we both get too warm and have to turn the air on to cool it off fast. Especially since only the balcony door is available to open since both windows are kinda full of a AC unit haha. I just don't know what to expect from this summer. Sprinter and sprinmer is kinda messed up. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 pm
Saiyouri-Awww. That's sad. I'm glad she survived.

XD Animals with no sense can be really cute and funny though. I had one like that.

People are different with different people. I have no doubt he's not a great guy based on what you've said, but maybe the father and son relationship they have isn't as bad as the relationship you had with him? I don't know. My son does that to me too. Tries to still hang out with his ex step-fathers. They were horrible to me, but my son still thinks they're awesome. Confused I used to feel betrayed but now I just ignore it. If he wants to hang out with abusive idiots I can't stop him. He's 21 so he can do what he wants.

Yeah. I think that's the biggest thing for me. At least I know he's alive even though his life is a mess.

XD We had to run the heaters at night and in the morning, and run the AC in the afternoon and evening for a few days. I think it's warm enough at night right now that we won't have to do that.

I weedeated the whole yard yesterday, and my parents have a large yard! My arms are so sore today. XD I just wanted to get it all done because it was supposed to rain. It did rain last night, but it's not raining yet today. I could have done some today I guess, but I'm glad I got it done. It was a messy job. XD

Long-term Citizen
Wed May 08, 2019 11:30 am
Rayven- Poor lil Symphony threw up today and last night. She normally only does it once during her time. I really need to keep track of the poor girl and make sure the temp is cool in here to make sure that at least doesn't affect her. We gave them special yums but no idea what she might of gotten into during the night. Not unless before we got up she ate too fast and had an accident. That poor lil girl.

My son has spoken to me about what he remembers his father doing to him and how bad he is now. So I know he's aware of the bad stuff. He brings it up alot. Especially how often his dad talks horribly of me out of the blue. And he's always stuck in the middle of it. So I know he's fully aware, just can't handle wanting the father relationship he never got. Out of the blue one day he told me that I was a better father than his and I had no idea what to say to that.

I never felt betrayed, sad but I actually know how he's thinking. I did the same thing when I met my hubs and moved in with him. Had to get the approval of my son's dad. >.<; His father really messed me up. I'm sorry your son does that. At least you aren't upset like that anymore. He might learn. Maybe he's really wanting a father and talks to them because of that. No idea. I know my kids do that. Their father was there but never acknowledged them ever unless they misbehaved and then punished them in the wrong way. Abuse really does a number to a person. Wished my kids never had to experience that. One thing I feel horrible for and regret.

Wow the weather by you really is special in the head. I just wished it made up it's mind and stuck with it.

Wow that must of taken you awhile to do. At least it's done and you don't have to worry about it getting done.

Got the new glasses in the mail yesterday. They seem to work good so far. I plan on using them more today on the computer since I didn't spend that much time with them yesterday. UPS didn't get here til like 4:30 so I couldn't determine if they work for long periods on the computer. Today I'm hoping to test that part out. But they seem ok so far. Now to see if the cleaning coating thing I got on works. It's supposed to make it where I don't have to clean them as often. One huge part that I really hope works. Cleaning the other pair three times a day does get annoying after awhile. lol

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 pm
Saiyouri-Poor little thing! Sad Cats have such sensitive tummies at times. Bob does pretty good compared to most cats I've had. He usually just coughs when he has a hairball. He rarely throws them up. We feed him an indoor cat formula to help with the hairballs. We learned our lesson after one of Mom's cats years ago got stopped up because of his hairballs.

It sounds like he really appreciates you. Very Happy

I think wanting a father, any father, is probably the biggest reason he does it. He's not old enough to realize yet that it's better to have no father, than a bad one. It took me awhile to realize that too about people. I always accepted less than I deserved from boyfriends, friends, etc. I didn't get any brains until I reached my thirties. XD

XD Me too.

It did. About 3 1/2 hours. Shocked My arms are so sore and I have blisters on my hands, but I'm glad I got it done. Hopefully I won't have to do it again for a couple of weeks. A man that's used to doing it, and isn't a perfectionist like me, could probably have done it in 1-1 1/2 hours. When I realized that I felt like a weenie. XD

Awesome! I'm glad you got them and they seem to be working so far. Very Happy I clean my phone screen obsessively and that gets annoying too. I don't use my glasses too much so I usually just clean them before I put them on.

Long-term Citizen
Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm
Rayven- Well Symphony didn't have anymore incidents yesterday. So that's a plus. She could of just really worked herself up do throw up. They do get a indoor cat food and don't cough up hair balls. I just wished she wouldn't get that sick when she went into kitty special time.

It took me leaving my ex to realize that and I was almost 40 >.> I hate how it takes people too long to learn things they should know early on. Thankfully we both did learn that toxic people are bad. I just hope that it doesn't take my kids that long to learn. They seem to be doing way better than me. And that is all a parent wants. Their kids to do better than them.

My son also really appreciates hubs. They talk and he said he doesn't want to kill him. Though if he ever did hurt me, he'd kill him. But that's just my son being protective of his mom. Thankfully he does like the guy and knows he's really a good person who does what he can to care for me. Which is really the best thing anyone can hope for.

Nah I don't think your a weenie. Heck you did that way faster than it would take me. I'd give up in a few minutes since I most likely wouldn't be able to move any part of my body and be on the ground wishing to sleep forever. >.< As hubs likes to say I'm a delicate flower and weak as heck. The love. lol

Being on the computer and working on crafts I kinda have to use glasses since my eyes are like, 'hey both grandparents, and great grandmother needed them 24/7. I'm gonna screw your life up!!' I love my eyes so much. Heck I love my entire body so much. They are so kinda and always look out for what's best for me.........

Today is supposed to be 77.... And I get to handle that with the fun girly time at the same time. I love how life is always gifting me these amazing gifts of love...... >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 pm
Saiyouri-Poor thing. I bet she hates it too. Throwing up is my least favorite thing to do. *shivers*

I agree. It's a shame that by the time we learn important lessons we're too old to bother putting ourselves in that situation. XD I'm done with relationships. They're more trouble than they're worth. I talk a little online, and I have my family. I have no interest in men or making RL friends anymore. I'm glad your kids are doing good. Very Happy

I'm glad you have a son that feels that way about you. I don't know what that feels like.

Thanks. XD It's ok to be delicate. Very Happy I wanted to give up after a few minutes, but I knew it wouldn't get done if I didn't do it. Lol

My body doesn't cooperate as much as it used to. Heck I feel sore just from sleeping. Shocked

Lol I wish I could have your weather. It's raining here. :/ At least I got my shopping done. I got Mom's Mother's Day gift and card, and I got Max's birthday presents and the stuff to make cheesecakes. I went to the pet store and got him a new rope bone since he chewed up the last one, and I also got him an ID tag. It's a red heart and has his name on one side, and my phone number and address on the other. He's going to look spiffy! Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Fri May 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Rayven- I gave up on RL friends when I dropped out of high school due to being pregnant and found out a close friend wanted nothing to do with me because I didn't respond to a letter she wrote me. (we passed notes to each other between classes in a notebook, it was like 4 of us that did this). I kinda gave up on friends being needed at all in life. Then kitties became my life after my kids or before, kinda hard to tell lol.

Thanks. I'm sorry you don't know what it feels like. My son and I think bonded cause of the bad house we lived in and he was the one always by my side when my body thought it was a great idea to slam my head into the floor, have a seizure and wake up to throwing up. >.> First was medication related and the rest of the 20some times was because of my ulcer. A 9yr old boy doesn't forget something like that. And he always cared for me when I didn't feel good. Including yelling at me for doing things around the house. Pft kids. LOL. Hubs said I did a great job at raising him and I shouldn't worry about how it happened. I still can't fully figure out how I raised him. Even as a child, he'd take whatever money he had and would get me something. And it was always a drink or a snack from a store. Even at 15, he'd ask if I wanted anything from the gast station. I'd say I'm ok. He'd come back with a bottle water or chips for me besides something for himself. He's a great man and I wished I knew what I did to get it.

Oh do I know the feeling of not giving up cause no one will do it. I had that feeling before I met hubs. Now I even get yelled at for doing things.... He and my son have a bit too much in common, I swear. HAHAHA

OOOOO waking up sore is an amazing thing. Gotta love it. You wake up from a whoknows what night of sleep (I never know if it's good so I go with ok) and you have pains that you don't even know where the heck they came from. It's amazing.

I love that feeling as much as I love my period changing every single time. This time instead of pain on the first real day of it. I got acid reflux...... Yup cause that makes sense.

Now that lil pup will have an amazing birthday for sure. I hope you mom likes her gift. I didn't even know Mother's Day was coming up until you mentioned it. I just realized that's a thing. HAHA. And just last night I told hubs I don't want to talk to anyone.... >.< Daughter called threatening to call the cops on her brother just because her stupid friend called and accused him of almost running them over. He wasn't even in the same town as either of them and I just don't understand how my daughter has to hate her brother. They had it hard cause of all the abuse and they should be bonded over it. Nope, she has to keep degrading him and I'm not in the mood for it anymore. This is going to go well. Better speak to hubs about this to figure out what I should do and remind him to call his mom. >.> He even forgets to pee. I love a man who can't remember simple things. HAHA. Poor thing has his brain fried from stress.

Well better go and talk to him and remind him. Thanks for reminding me.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 11, 2019 7:14 pm
Saiyouri-Kitties make good friends. Very Happy

Awww. He sounds like a real sweetheart. My son can be sweet once in awhile. XD

Lol Sometimes my Dad does things for me that I can do myself. I guess he thinks I'm a weak woman or something. I don't mind though. It's less for me to do. XD

Yeah. Mostly it's my hips. I have to roll over constantly because they bother me so much. Rolling Eyes

That doesn't sound fun. Look on the bright side. It could be gas. XD

I sure hope he enjoys his birthday party. Very Happy I got the cheesecakes made. I hope they set well. Sibling relationships can be hard. Every time I see siblings getting along well I get so confused. My brother and I are doing better than we used to, but the truce is fragile and probably always will be. He has very rigid thinking. If you upset him once, he hates you for quite awhile. :/ Hopefully your kids will eventually learn to at least tolerate each other.

You're welcome. Very Happy

It's raining non-stop here today. Sad I need some sunshine. XD

Long-term Citizen
Sun May 12, 2019 12:12 pm
Rayven- I think it's a normal kid thing, where they are sweet from time to time. I've seen adult kids not be sweet to their parents. And that's my hubs brothers.

Maybe your dad is doing things for you because he cares about you. Hubs does that for me. I'm slowly getting used to it. At times it's mentioned that I'm weak, but honestly I am. Sometimes I can't even lift a kitty like Night who weighs nothing. >.<

Well the burning in the throat is gone. Went away yesterday morning when I woke up... Now to wait til the period is over for awhile and test things out again. First it will be testing green onions in my salad. If I have no reaction... I'm going to kill my body. She's getting out of hand.

I'm sure the cake set. My kids get along but then for long periods of time my daughter keeps degrading her brother. And even during the good times she's still rude to him. I just don't understand her at times. She's 19 and still keeps bringing up things he's done even though she knows why he did those things. I know she won't realize her wrong ways til she's almost 40. Only because she has made some good choices recently, she's making so many bad ones that won't help her. I just wished there was a way to get through her but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. I've tried saying things subtely and flat out. But nothing works. Even being sympathic or understand deosn't works.

Well hubs called his mom on Mexican Mothers Day. Now to remind him to call her today. She got a big laugh out of that one.

It's slight sun and cloudy here. I don't keep track. It's all over the place. Nature really needs some help. Maybe she needs a hug.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun May 12, 2019 4:08 pm
Saiyouri-It's a shame when kids treat their parents badly. My brother isn't very nice to my parents most of the time. It's hard to watch. I used to take up for them, but then my brother and I just get into a fight. Ultimately it's my parents' job to fix it, but they never will.

I'm sure that's a big part of it, but I'm fairly strong for a woman so sometimes I wonder. XD It's a good thing you have a good husband to help you. Very Happy

I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

I think most lessons have to be learned the hard way. I'm like that. My parents used to try to get through to me, but I had to suffer, and get some age on me, for it to sink in.

XD I didn't know there was such a thing as Mexican Mother's Day. I learn something new every day!

She probably does. Even though the rain drives me bonkers, I'm still glad to see it. We didn't get much of a Spring that last couple of years so at least I know we can still have one.

Max enjoyed his new toy and the cheesecake. He didn't care much for the party or the ID tag though. XD I figured he'd eat the attention up since he really loves attention, but he just wanted to get his toy and get out of there. Lol

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Rayven- Well talked to my son last night. 2hrs, we broke our record haha.

I found out some stuff on my daughter and she really needs mental help but she flips out if anyone talks to her about it. Seems she's really losing it. I found out on somethings she talked to me about and wow. I need to figure out a way to talk to her about her seeking help before things get really bad. Especially with her planning on moving out into an apartment with a few people. I know using my experiences would help. Just gotta figure out how to word it right.

Glad he enjoyed his food and toy. At least he really wanted to play with his new toy. Very Happy

I hope things with your parents and brother get a bit better. Sadly maybe they know nothing will work with him. Some kids just gotta do things on their own. I know hubs wasn't the greatest son but him and his mom get along better now. They talk alot. She drives him nuts and he can't handle her at times but she does have mental issues and we found out she's been on meds for it for 30yrs now that are bad for her and I told him how meds work and he understands that alot of her issues could be from meds really messing her up. He really worries about her.

I guess Thursday my son is sending me a Mother's Day gift when he gets paid. He's really a good boy. I don't expect it. And he always tells me I better spend it on myself and only myself. HAHA. He knows me so well. Very Happy

Oooo we got woken up from a car alarm going off again for nothing. Gotta love those idiots who have bad alarms. Seems it's common here and I don't understand why more people don't complain about it. They tend to go off in the middle of the night or early in the morning. So much sleep is being interrupted and it's like people think it's ok... Hubs is going to talk to our manager this morning to let her know. Hopefully she will speak to these idiots. It's getting ridiculous.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Saiyouri-XD That is a long time. I'm glad you had a great talk.

Sorry to hear that. I think you should definitely try talking to her, but don't be surprised if it doesn't go well. Kids don't like to listen, especially if they have a few problems. I wish you luck. Heart

True. Very Happy He really is a good boy.

I know it isn't uncommon for kids and their parents to have a few problems, but my brother can be very verbally abusive. He also has anger management issues so they don't like to push him too hard. I just wish they'd made him move out at some point. I'm sure his mom is probably doing the best she can. I don't blame him for worrying though.

XD I know what you mean. When I give my parents money they tend to spend it on groceries. Rolling Eyes

Awww. It would be terrible to get woke up that way. When I was a teenager I drove my shopping cart past a car, I didn't even touch it, but it had a talking alarm that kept saying, "Step away from the car." It really freaked me out. XD
Page 295 of 299