Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:37 pm
Saiyouri-I understand. Sometimes I can't believe I made it through some of the stuff I've been through.

XD He's a lucky man. Usually it's the men that forget and then the wife is mad.

If he says he doesn't mind I wouldn't worry about it. He might worry about you hating it there though.

It is hard to keep track. The rain is kind of bipolar right now. Lol

I hope the blue screen protection helps. I guess it could be your sleep, or maybe allergies?

I have sensitive eyes too. Not exactly like yours, but if I get anything in or near my eyes it drives me crazy. I'm surprised I can wear contacts. I think I jut make myself since I hate glasses so bad. XD I'm sure they'd listen if they could. Eyes like to be happy.

We got our plants and trees today! Woop I'm so excited to get them planted. I just hope they make it.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 1:47 am
Speaking of plants, I was able to actually plant some stuff yesterday! We'll see how I do with greenhouse gardening. And I did some work on the rose garden to try to coax it back to life. One of them has a couple of red roses blooming, and there are a few others that have buds that look like they're ready to bloom in the next few days. I'm excited to see what colors they'll be. And with all of that comes seasonal allergies! Ugh. And mine are only going to get worse.

What kind of plants did you get Rayven?

Sorry to hear your eyes are giving you trouble, Saiyouri. I'm seeing a new eye doctor tomorrow and will also be looking into getting glasses with blue light protection. That, and I haven't seen an eye doctor in several years after mine retired. His "replacement" was deemed horrible by my parents, so I'm going to check out the one they found and love.

I'm getting a better handle on work, though I think it's always going to be crazy. At least I'm able to manage the crazy better than when I started.

Long-term Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 11:22 am
Rayven- Hubs and I forget so much together, he's said he hates it, but I told him it's a couple activity we do together. And that we really need to re-evaluate our couple activities lol.

Hubs biggest problem is over worrying about me. I keep telling him it's not healthy and if I worry about something then he can worry. But still not working yet. Maybe someday it might help calm him and help him not worry.

I have no idea what's up with my eyes. It could be anything really. I ususally can tell when my allergies are acting up. Someday my eyes might help me figure out what's going on. Someday.

Today we should be picking up the glasses. Just gotta wait for hubs to wake up so we can do the bills and shopping. Gotta have him awake, not much gets done when he's half dead upstairs lol.

What kinds of plants and trees did you get?

Riley- I hope the new eye doctor is nice. Hubs and I got a letter telling me it's time to get my eyes checked again. I just saw him last year. We both were surprised that he's saying to do it again. I thought it was a couple years between each exam.

I'm glad work is going better for you. I hope people aren't too crazy for you to handle. But I'm glad things are better. It just takes time to learn how to handle things.

Woot, today is the hot day. Now to see how bad it is. I just love it when it's 50 outside and 77/78 inside. >.> Third floor life is amazing.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 7:56 pm
Riley-We got a few things planted yesterday too. We still have a ways to go though. I found it so relaxing. Very Happy I hope you enjoyed your gardening time too. Your place is going to look great! Very Happy Don't even get me started on allergies. XD Mine have been so bad this year. Sad

We got two types of ornamental grasses, which we got planted yesterday. There were four of them. Unfortunately we had a bad storm last night and one got washed up. :/ I need to go back out and replant it. We also got 1 lilac tree, 3 fir trees, 2 black tupelo trees, 3 or 4 blackberries, and Dad got some kind of yellow flower. Plus they sent along some free stuff which included some strawberry plants. Very Happy We're going to be busy. XD I still want to buy some tomato and cucumber plants too.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about your job. I knew it would turn out ok. Very Happy

Saiyouri-XD It's hard to find things to do together as a couple.

It's hard not to worry about our loved ones. It's actually very sweet of him to worry about you so.

XD I hope you can get him motivated to run errands, and that you like your glasses.

I put what kind of plants up there in my reply to Riley. Those storms were something else last night. We had a tornado warning. My Mom freaked out and took Minnie to the basement around 11:00 last night. XD The rest of us stayed upstairs. It all turned out ok except for my little grass that almost got carried away. I think the name of the ornamental grasses are Pink Muhly and Northern Lights. The Pink Muhly will have pink fluffy stuff, and the Northern Lights will be orange. Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Thu May 02, 2019 11:58 am
Rayven- Well hubs spent about a half hour trying to get my glasses. Finding the right one (he at times says I'd look weird in ones I pick) and setting up the filter wasn't easy. He found out that the recommended selection was a mistake on the site, good thing he contacted them before the purchase was made. And paid for faster shipping, so I should be getting them in about a week.

A lilac tree, sounds amazing to have in the yard. A nice breeze one day with windows open, you can smell something nice. I never heard of the black tupelo tree but they look nice, just looked them up. And blackberries, yum! Sounds like you got a ton of really nice things to plant. I hope the storms don't come back and mess up the work you all are putting into planting everything. It sounds like when everything blooms, you will be happy for sure. I sure would be. Especially with a lilac tree.

Yesterday here got to like 84/82 and I barley felt the heat. Hubs is happy but to me, it's weird. Not sure how I should take that. Usually I feel the temps and not feel well. Not unless my body is messed up with the constant changes that I somehow feel from outside.

I even finished a small kitty cross stitch kit and started up the christmas plastic canvas ornaments that hubs mom gave me. Took awhile to get the project started but I finally did. That one might take the longest since I'm using really small canvas and can't cut out the pieces to stitch each one separately or I'd accidentally cut the wrong size and mess up the whole thing.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 pm
Saiyouri - The new eye doctor is super nice, and she has some equipment that my old eye doctor didn't have. I'll get my new glasses and sunglasses in about a week!

Yeah, I've had to ask a lot of my coworkers if the level of crazy busy we've been having is normal, and they said it's been crazier than usual. I feel like with the nicer weather, the crazy busy is calming down, and now it's just busy. Which I can handle.

Rayven - Wow, that's going to look amazing when you get them all planted! I have two bell pepper plants, two different types of cucumbers, watermelon, and strawberries going in the greenhouse. And I planted some sunflower seeds outside, so we'll see what happens with those.

I have a new crochet pattern I'm going to try, when I'm not too exhausted. Today is day 1 of 3 shifts in a row.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 02, 2019 7:45 pm
Saiyouri-He sounds like me. I'm super picky about glasses. I never think I look good in them. XD It's a good thing you figured that out. Yes I hope it gets there fast. Very Happy

Thanks. I think we picked out some good stuff too. I just hope it all grows ok. We have terrible soil. We're adding in some good stuff too, but I'm afraid it won't be enough. I'm so impatient to see how everything turns out but Dad pointed out that at most of them are so small it will probably be next year before we see any real results. :/ I love lilac too! It's just about my favorite scent.

I have a hard time adjusting at first too, especially if it goes straight to hot from cold. I sweat too easy in the beginning.

The Christmas ornaments sound neat! I'm sure they'll turn out great. Very Happy

Riley-Thanks. Very Happy I sure hope so. Bell peppers are the only vegetable I've ever successfully grown. XD Then nobody wanted to eat them so my son pretended they were grenades. :/ Mom's going to plant some sunflower seeds too. She's as crazy about them as you are. XD We tried growing watermelons years ago, but our soil is too poor. They were very small and black on the inside. Once we realized they were never going to be ok I stepped on them. That's how I found out they were black on the inside. It was gross. Lol

Mom's been crocheting again too. I'm beginning to think that you two think a lot alike. XD What are you making?

I hope work goes well for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that no crazies come in. XD

Long-term Citizen
Fri May 03, 2019 11:43 am
Riley- That's great to hear. I hope they both work great for you.

Well at least it's not crazy busy. I guess people are getting out in the open and not having as much as problems. I hope it keeps it up for you.

Rayven- Hubs is really picky when it comes to glasses. When we first got our glasses last year after the appointment with the eye doctor, he returned the first pair and finally bought a new pair this year because the replacement he got has been bugging him for the past year. And when it comes to me, he's really picky. It all has to be perfect no matter what it's about. But it should be considered a good thing since he's looking out for me and wants me to look my best.

Lilac is an amazing scent.

Hubs has no issue with the weather changing so much. No idea how he does it. I hate to sweat when it's hot and cold. It's amazing to me that cold sweats when it's too cold out is an actual thing. Really amazing.

Thanks. I will be working on them a bit today since hubs is going to be spending who knows how long at the doctors waiting to get a steroid shot in his arm because of the stupid pain that keeps coming in it. I think it's a pinched nerve again but it's the fact that it's constantly getting pinched on and off throughout the year. After the shot wears off months later, it becomes pinched again. No idea how he's sleeping to cause it. But he does want a rest for his mouse and keyboard to use because that might help him out more. Though I forgot we should pick them both up this month when we did all our shopping.... >.> The third thing I forgot for shopping lol. I'm doing great.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri May 03, 2019 5:02 pm
Saiyouri-Does his new pair of glasses feel better?

Cold sweats are weird. I get them once in awhile too. I'm not sure what those are all about.

I wish steroid shots lasted longer. I guess any help is better than none though. Awww. You're doing fine. It's hard to remember everything. XD I have to make a list or I'd forget everything.

Some of the plants we planted are already growing! Shocked I'm so excited. Mom said I got that from my grandma. Mom only likes flowers. XD

Max is in a mood today. Rolling Eyes He's usually sweet a few days a week, and switches back and forth between moody and ornery the rest of the week. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Fri May 03, 2019 5:49 pm
Rayven - Bell peppers as grenades, oh dear. I've never tried growing melons before, so we'll see how it goes. I know they need a lot of water. I think the soil was too poor at my last house. Nothing that I planted really grew. I think I needed to use more fertilizer, since our soil was more like clay.

I'm working on blankets. I found a group that donates blankets to hospitals and other organizations. The blanket I've been working on is going to be a bigger one, so I think for the warmer weather, I'm switching over to infant blankets.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I hope tonight is more of the same. Very Happy

Saiyouri - Yeah, the nicer weather tends to help with the waiting room population. Though, I'm thinking we're going to be getting more traumas, since people are out and doing things. We'll see. It's definitely interesting to see how the patient population changes with the seasons.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 pm
Riley-Yeah. My yard was full of them. :/ That's what we have. Clay and a ton of rocks. XD

That sounds really nice. Very Happy That's great of you to help out. Baby blankets will go much quicker.

That's good. I hope so too. Very Happy

I bought a couple of books at a thrift store. The last couple of nights I almost passed out reading them so I took some time to read today before I get too tired. XD The one I'm reading now is called Venom by Jennifer Estep. It's ok I guess. It's easy to read, which I like, but it's a little too simple so far. My Mom as asked me if it was about Venom from the Marvel comics. XD I told her it wasn't. It's actually about an elemental assassin.

Long-term Citizen
Sat May 04, 2019 11:42 am
Rayven- Oh yeah, they have larges lens which he likes cause he can see more and not the edge of the lens. Plus they aren't tight against his head. So he really likes them.

Hubs saw the doctor and they told him he needs to see his general doctor to find out what is wrong with him. Cause it could be carpal tunnel or arthritis. But they have no idea cause the symptoms he has kinda matches up with both but nothing makes sense....But he needs to have his mom drive him there with us not having a car and she told him she will no longer do that cause the last two times he went there, they made him wait 2hrs to be seen. So we have no idea how he will see the doctor. I told him it's most likely pinched nerves and he wants it fixed but the closest his normal doc is about a 45min drive since the network never updated his doctor in the last 3 years. So he might have to see if he can change it to someone in town that we have seen or figure out how to get out to the first person he saw 4yrs ago. >.>

>.> At least you understand his moods... All day yesterday Night and Symphony were talking to each other back and forth every time they woke up. No idea what's going on. Only thing I can think of is they both are kinda going through their special kitty time together. Night was kinda like she was mimicking Symphony. It was really cute and it made hubs smile everytime he heard it when he got back home. Poor Zell though couldn't get any special time with his sisters. He tried so hard to cuddle up to them but never got it to work.

Riley- I hope things go well with the warmer weather. And it doesn't get to bad for you.

Seems my glasses will be shipped out today sometime. Woot, I'm really looking forward to them. I never had glasses with blue screen protection on them before and wonder what it's like to use them.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 04, 2019 4:02 pm
Saiyouri-I'm glad he found some he likes. That's one thing I hate about glasses too. They interfere with vision, but I guess it's better than not being able to see at all.

Ugh! That sounds like a real mess. Sad I hope you can get it figured out. If he's not doing a lot of repetitive movement, I doubt it's carpal tunnel that's bugging him. I have carpal tunnel but as long as I don't do a lot of repetition I do ok.

Awww. That sounds cute. Very Happy It also reminds me that we have to get Minnie fixed. It was a big mess when she was in heat and none of us want to go through that again. XD

Wow that was fast on your glasses. I hope you like them.

Established Citizen
Sat May 04, 2019 11:15 pm
Watermelons are natural bombs. They're actually designed to go BOOMsplat when they get overripe and rotten.

Not really back. Hurricane Flo's rather draining. Just had to be a plant nerd.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 am
Rayven- That's the thing, he doesn't do constant repetitive movement in his arm. Even pressure on his back close to his arm causes pain in his arm. Last night it popped in my head why not see about see a acupuncturist. It's considered pain so it should be covered under our insurance. And there is a place near our home so he won't have to worry about getting a rid there. So that's a huge plus for him on that. He said he will call them tomorrow and see if they will help him.

Ok yesterday things became clear with the kitties. Symphony is in full blown kitty time. Zell would chase after her and tackle her to the ground to hold her down and she won't meow with him near her at all. Night would try to talk to her and get her to sleep with her. And Symphony will only talk to Night so she won't meow like she would if she was doing her special kitty time meows. So both the kitties are taking over taking care of Symphony during her time. It's really cute. Hubs went out during the night to buy some drinks for the house and I gave him a blow by blow of what was going on in the house in texts. He laughed so hard with each one. I'm so happy that Night is starting to help her sister again. She used to cuddle with her every special time but when we got Zell she let him take over the job. Now with them both working together, I don't think hubs will get annoyed with the meowing anymore.

Hubs thinks my glasses will solve so many problems for me. With tiny specks of dust on my glasses (even after cleaning them) causes pain. He's thinking it's the lens itself causing issues and since the blue screen coating specifies different issues you have with your eyes, it will solve lots for me. So I'm looking forward to getting them for sure.

Tam- *hugs* I hope things don't get too bad for you. I hope being a plant nerd was at least slightly entertaining. Like you got to read, or just watch something on tv to help occupy your mind.

That is definitely something I never knew about watermelons. The more you know.

Oh should be talking to my son today. He messaged me on discord last night saying he'd call today and he's been busy with work. So better finish the cleaning and shower to get the darn dye still stuck on my scalp off before he might call so he won't have to try to call back. Kinda hard to talk if you're in a shower lol.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 294 of 299