Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 291, 292, 293  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 pm
Thou art much braver than I, Lady Tam (I agree with Lady Rayven). . .I know I couldn't do it, but I did have one friend who donated her body (18 and died of cancer), she had been talking about donating after finding out she was sick.

As to the medical students getting to read the story of you through your remains, perhaps you could leave them a bit of a cheat sheet about scars from accidents or operations or such (I don't know if that is possible, but it might be interesting to them)?

I have never been one for nicknames, although I guess you could say "Bob" is a nickname as a derivative of Robert. . .I have never liked being called "Bobby" or "Robby" "or "Rob". . .the closest I came was when one friend called me "Babalouie" after she watched some old "Quickdraw McGraw" cartoons. . .luckily, it never stuck.

Established Citizen
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:11 am
Yay for pets growing. And new ones.

LOL I DON'T think a cheat sheet's possible. For me, this is also a practical measure. I don't want anyone saddled with having to deal with what's left of me, I object to embalming, and there's no way in BLEEP that I could afford any burial or cremation. So this way the cadaver'll be useful, and then disposed of economically.

How about Robin?

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 am
Lady Tam, perhaps a full biography instead of a cheat sheet. . .? Wink

Robin. . .hmmm, I don't see myself as the Boy wonder. . .or a red-breasted bird *chuckles*

Long-term Citizen
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 pm
Rayven- I only used Pooh Bear in cards to him, always refereed him to by his name. But he's a proud strong man and kinda thinks its ridiculous I gave him that (he's the only one with a nickname). Though he is the strongest of the kids. He was the one who was there for me during bad times and with how bad his dad was/is he was there for me. He had to grow up too fast for the house he grew up in. So he might just be too proud to have a weird mom. He kinda hates affection stuff. LOL. But he's a good boy. He just got a second job that's part time to have more money since he's got his own car now and wants to save more so he can get into the air force within the next two years.

My son picks on me mostly, being too short, thin, and very white. (Like if I went into a snow storm, no one would see me...)

I know age will do things, but my body has never knew how to properly do things and it's getting ridiculous. I don't think getting older should be an excuse for her to act this dumb still. She should get smarter for once. Wishful thinking.

I have never thought of donating my body. I only knew that I'm not comfortable with the idea of being an organ donor and that I can't donate blood since my blood loves to throw out iron and not absorb it like it should. Considering how weird my body functions and what it's gone through, donating it could be beneficial to medical science. Things it's done just doesn't make sense medically and being alive still. I've been told it's a miracle I'm even alive still. (Kinda weird to hear to be honest).

Robin sounds rather nice, to me Sir Scarz you could think of it as Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh (no idea what my fascination with that is). I don't refer to people by short cuts with their names. Except for my son Raymond, I refuse to use that full name ever again. (I named him after the man I thought was my grandfather and haven't really gotten over finding out that he's not and I have no idea who my grandmother cheated on him with). That name kinda repulses me. Plus having the name Rayla has been a eyesore in a sense for me my entire life so that's something I have to deal with. To be honest I would rather be named Pickle than that name. >.> Sounds nicer.

(I'm weird)

Ugh today we clean and finish up what I did from organizing the closets which was so much fun. Hubs is possible still trying to wrap his head around the fact I was more excited to get storage bins to organize than a 4k new PC. OCD is such a stupid thing to have. The whole disorder is moronic. You are aware of how stupid things are that your brain won't shut up with repeating, but have to do it just to shut it up. Ugh the dumbest disorders I have ever researched in my life.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:49 pm
I guess the problem with nicknames is that we can't tell people what we'd like to be called.

Saiyouri-I'm glad your son found the second job he wanted. Very Happy

I can think of worse qualities. Invisibility has its uses. XD

That makes sense. It would be worse if your body never cooperated. At least mine did for awhile.

If it's any consolation, I like your name. It probably doesn't help. My Mom hates her name too and nothing I've ever said has made her feel better. XD

OCD is a pain. It really helps to fight it but that is difficult for some people. I was able to fight mine and not let it take complete control of my life, but my brother was not so lucky. I'm not sure if he ever even tried, but, if he did, it didn't work. His whole life is ruled by OCD. I used exposure therapy on myself before I even knew what that was.

Established Citizen
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:38 pm
Pickles are goooooood noms.

Scarz wrote:
Lady Tam, perhaps a full biography instead of a cheat sheet. . .? Wink

Robin. . .hmmm, I don't see myself as the Boy wonder. . .or a red-breasted bird *chuckles*

LOL I was thinking of Robin Hood.

Rayven wrote:
I guess the problem with nicknames is that we can't tell people what we'd like to be called.

I can think of worse qualities. Invisibility has its uses. XD

I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham.

Like startling one's brother when he finally realizes you've been following him around for a few minutes...

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:11 pm
Hmmmm. . .Robin Hood, I like that. . .as I have always seen my Scarz character as a cross between Robin Hood and Don Quixote.

Pickles. . .sweet or dill?

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
Like startling one's brother when he finally realizes you've been following him around for a few minutes...

Exactly like that Tam. XD

I went through a pickle phase. I rarely eat them anymore unless they're on a burger.

Long-term Citizen
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:17 pm
Sir Scarz, sweet are amazing. And baby dill only are the best. I keep forgetting we have them when we do buy them...

Rayven- Thank you. Hubs likes my name but it never felt right. Plus with my knowledge of my former grandfather, it doesn't seem right to have that name anymore.

I had OCD since I was a child. I went on meds for 3 yrs and they helped me alot to figure out how to do things to lessen the stress and attacks. I took myself off of them and refuse anymore meds from what I went through after being on them for so long. It doesn't happen that often where attacks happen. Sometimes yes things trigger me but I usually know what could or couldn't happen with certain situations and do things according. Plus I found ways to not trigger the attacks as often. Instead of waiting to see if something could, I just do whatever it is to make sure it doesn't happen, i.e. change clothes.

I'm glad you were able to help your brain, I read about that therapy but it's not something I want to ever do. I see my OCD as something that makes me more aware of things and it might be why I barley ever get sick. I'm sorry your brother suffered. I know how bad and stupid this disorder is. You are aware of how dumb things sound but your brain just won't shut up.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:40 pm
Saiyouri-You're welcome. I understand.

I tried medication when I was a kid too, but it didn't help me. I finally just decided to do the things that my OCD didn't want me to do. I'm happy that worked for the most part.I'm glad you found what works for you too. That's kind of how I handle my anxiety. I try to avoid things that I know will make it worse.

Thanks. Me too. It was driving me nuts. XD I can understand how you feel that way. It does help with staying clean and organization. I use the "good OCD tools" too. Thanks, yeah he drives everybody nuts with it. You're so right about that. Someone who doesn't have it could never understand. My Mom asked me years ago, before she understood the disorder, if I heard voices. Shocked I had to explain that's not how it works. XD

Established Citizen
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:22 pm
Got freaked out by something on a show last night, and wound up having a panic attack. At least this one had a recognizable and clear trigger. But it made for aggravating dreams that I can no longer remember.

Scarz wrote:
Hmmmm. . .Robin Hood, I like that. . .as I have always seen my Scarz character as a cross between Robin Hood and Don Quixote.

Pickles. . .sweet or dill?

See? Told you it fit! XD

Non vinegar fermented salt brine garlic dill. Very Happy

Ooooor, fermented beet top sauerkraut. Or fermented dill sauerkraut with dill pickle in it!

Oh oh! Dill pickled white grapes! Dill pickled carrots or green beans! Pickled herring!

Rayven wrote:
I went through a pickle phase. I rarely eat them anymore unless they're on a burger.

Great. Now I wanna go make my tummy and my wallet mad at me.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 pm
Rayven- I was an adult when I was on meds. I had OCD since I was a kid but didn't get the full blown massive attacks until I was in my 20s. Took me 10yrs of suffering before I finally go into the doctor to be diagnosed and he put me on 4 meds and the combo I read later on weren't too well. And testing anxiety meds to help me in the past couple years, I found out they are a huge no no. Anxiety meds massively heighten my depression and I went off of them immediately.

I'm glad you were able to find ways to help it, not many can. And ya people who don't have it don't understand anything. Even my own so called mom never understood it until she read the book I read to learn about it. Reading the book triggered OCD attacks which is rather odd but I learned so much about it. And because of that book I found out just how stupid this one disorder is. Just doesn't make sense how one lil part of your brain not functioning properly can cause this much pain in one person. Rather interesting and annoying.

Tam- *hugs* I hope today goes better for you.

Pickled grapes? Never heard of that. Sounds interesting.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm
Tam-Sorry. XD I didn't mean to make you crave stuffs.

My Dad used to eat pickled herring when I was a kid. I was afraid of it. XD

Saiyouri-I'm sorry the anxiety meds didn't work for you. I found one that worked for me but I have no insurance right now.

A book would have been really useful, but I probably wouldn't have read it anyway when I first developed OCD. I was only 6 when it showed up. Luckily, my Dad had it too but didn't know what it was. He had to fight it on his own too since he grew up in a time when they didn't know what it was, and even if they did, it wasn't talked about. It's a good thing you had the book since you didn't know anybody who had it that could help you understand it.

How's little Zell doing? Are his sisters still tolerating him? XD

Established Citizen
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 pm
I've only seen the pickled grapes once. A lady was selling mixed cups of homemade pickles in the square. SO good. Only sweet pickles I like. XD

LOL Pickled herring looks weird, but it tastes very good.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm
Rayven- I learned everything I know on my own and I'm actually glad for that. The person who calls them-self my 'mom' was a nurse in the army and I have more medical knowledge than she does, and she even became a registered nurse. It might sound arrogant to say, but my entire 'family', I'm more intelligent than they are so learning on my own was better for me personally. I'm glad you had someone though, it's nice to have someone who is understanding. I got my hubs for that.

The girls are butts. This morning he wanted to play and these 1yr old butts were too busy being lazy to play with him. But him and Night do cuddle and play the most. Symphony I think is still learning besides being a bit stuck up. >.> Tuxedos, what did I do with my life? lol

I research my meds, might take me sometime to do it if there is stress and anemia working against me, but if my mind was here during that time I was on those 4 meds, I could of saved myself sooner. I don't mind not being on meds. Since I taught myself some things, it doesn't really bother me. The meds helped alot back then since I was really losing it. Even though they caused a really bad side effect, I taught myself lil tricks and that was a good thing.

I never tried pickled herring. It was in the fridge at my grandma's but never touched it. Surprising she didn't even offer it to me. I have thought of trying it out, but haven't gotten that far yet lol.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 291, 292, 293  Next
Page 275 of 293