Posting Goals - Track Your Progress Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 pm
No one will ever beat Moonie. Laughing

I need to post more to move up (at least 125 to move up two places), but I have an exam...that should be on Wednesday when my actual class is, but is on Monday instead due to me getting special set up thanks to disability services, then the following week another exam on the Thursday. Plus two different group work things...where I am waiting on one bloody guy to add me on facebook so we can get a move on. I've already knocked up a basic outline of what we are expected to do, along with the company we need to focus on. But need to wait until after the mid-sem break (currently on it) to meet up with the other two girls in the group. I should send them a message to see when they are free to meet up next week...preferably on a day when I am at uni. Like Thursdays when we all should be there for the 3 hour lecture. Rolling Eyes thunk
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000

Last edited by bohemian on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:37 pm
Probably not. At the very least it will take 100 years. XD

3 hours! Ugh! Sad

This post will put me in 26th place. Apparently before this post I was tied with someone, but this post will move me up. Laughing After that I need quite a few posts to move up again. I didn't bother doing the math. Embarassed

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 pm
If Sandra is doing the lecture, it's usually around 2.5 hours. If Bruce is doing the lecture, it's almost bang on 3 hours, including the break/s we get. I've missed a couple of lectures because of sheer exhaustion due to not being able to sleep the night before. I need to watch them before the exam in two weeks. Embarassed

I'm still on 55 and still eyeing Riley's position on 45. I mean, 1k of posts and I'll have caught up and passed her. But seriously, it's going to take a while. XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9018/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:44 pm
Do you think Sandra is more lenient, or just more efficient?

XD Oh well. What else do we have to do? At least we have goals. Well you do. I just keep posting. I don't have a specific goal. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:53 pm
Sandra is American...so she is a pretty fast talker, but she is clear about it...and loud. Stereotypical American right there. XD

Bruce is more soft spoken...and I'm not going to say reserved, because out of a classroom full of young people, he is the riskiest one in the room, having jumped out of a plane and bungee jumped too. Laughing XD

Yeah, I think my goal is to be at 40 or above, to make sure that I am in the top 50 posters list. Yes
9018/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm
XD I heard a Scottish person call us loud too. I guess we are. She said she thought it was because of the wide open spaces we have, even in our houses. She said they're so on top of each other there, even in their small homes, that shouting isn't necessary. I'm not sure if that plays a part or not. It's a good thing she never went to a reunion on my Dad's side of the family. They are loud and they talk a lot. She'd probably think she was dying. XD

Sounds like he's just more reserved socially, and in his private life he's an adrenaline junkie. XD

That's a good goal, and super doable. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 am
From what I've been learning from the International Business part of my degree, Americans are typically loud and brash? Not sure if brash is the word I am thinking of, but typically loud and opinionated. When compared to Japanese, who are reserved and respectful, especially to their superiors in work, completely different kettle of fish. Apparently in some Japanese companies, they have a "Loud American" working for them, who can, will and does tell the manager that their idea is crap, because the Japanese, culturally, can't and won't tell their managers that their ideas are terrible and won't work. It's really rather funny.

I think he is just a soft spoken kinda bloke. And in a work environment too, so socially he could probably drink me under the table and be loud and out going, but he jumps out of planes and stuff instead. XD

Considering where I started...somewhere in the 90's...or possibly just outside the top 100 posters, I've come a long way. Yes
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am
Hubby talks super loud most of the time, no matter where we are. Most of the time I can handle it, but some days I have to ask him to speak softer every ten minutes.

92 posts until my next rank!

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 am
I come across as very soft spoken and reserved. But I can and will be heard. And send everyone standing near me deaf in the process. The look of shock on people's faces when I raise my voice is always priceless. XD
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 am
I'm usually soft spoken, but since working in the emergency room, I've gotten louder. It doesn't help that most of my older patients are hard of hearing, and the ED is a loud place in general, so I have to yell just so they can hear me. lol

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:11 pm
Bo-I think most of what you said it true. However, I'd rather have someone tell me what they think. The quiet ones tend to stab you in the back from my experience. It sounds like you have no problem speaking your mind when you need to. XD

We are an opinionated bunch. I think it's because of how our country started. We didn't want to be bossed around, and we like to have our opinions heard.

I guess I can be loud. I have a hard time whispering. XD I'm not as loud as I used to be though because I think I've damaged my vocal chords. :/ If I try to yell my voice just cracks.

Riley-The way you described the ER reminds me of trying to be heard in a loud bar. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 1:57 am
That's not an inaccurate description. XD
You have patients yelling or crying, pumps and monitors alarming, and easily twenty or more people in the area talking and laughing. And I'm sure there are more types of noises I'm just not thinking of.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 2:59 am
I think my problem is more I have trouble holding my tongue. XD

Do you have any nights that are relatively...nice and calm at least? Is the "Q" word a bad word to say on those nights? XD
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 am
There have been nights that have been much calmer than I would have expected. Most of my coworkers obey the unwritten rule where we do not speak the Q word. I'm not superstitious, but I don't say it to avoid my coworkers getting on my case. Same thing with the full moon. I've had calm nights with a full moon, and I've had crazy. And most of my nights have been crazy without a full moon. *shrugs*

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 01, 2019 6:09 am
I was watching a show about the strangest things that have ever happened to people who work in the ER, can't remember the actual name, but it was always interesting to watch. In one episode, an interning medical student said that it was so quiet, and the doc in charge told her you never say the "Q" word. As a result, a couple came in with the woman saying that she had "bugs in her head". So, he was thinking that it was probably just a head case, as had the previous doctors who had seen her, but he humoured them and was checking out her scalp, but before they could get very far, this old bloke came in, missing part of his middle finger, because he very intelligently, stuck his finger into his...snow blower? to clear out a blockage...while it was running. So while he and the med student are cleaning this guy up, the woman's husband/partner or whatever, stuck his head around the curtain and told the doc that they were moving and could see them. Basically, the woman did have bugs in her head, between the scalp and the skull that had been laid when they were in South or Central America somewhere. The old bloke left without bothering about getting his finger re-attached, because the year before, he had done the exact same thing to lose his OTHER finger. They were back and forth a few times between patients. Laughing
9018/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Places of Dreams (Quests) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 52 of 58