Posting Goals - Track Your Progress Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:42 pm
They were looking after her friend's two dogs. Barry who liked to both bark at me and be kinda excited that someone was there and Milkshake, who was SUPER EXCITED that someone was there to play with them lol. Dachshund dogs are weird. Laughing

Once I gave them a couple of treats they kinda settled down. My sister's dogs happily chilled inside, while Milkshake had to go outside and bark at the next door neighbour's dog (I think that side has a dog), or whoever was outside at the time, and Barry would follow him out.

At one point, Penny and Oscar were outside as well making a racket, and Ralph lol...poor Ralph was asleep inside on the floor near me. The four dogs outside were making a hell of a lot of noise, so I wolf whistled to make them come inside. Ralph, who was sprawled on his back, snapped up to a standing position, with a look on his face of, "What the FK was THAT?!" XD

I knew of my sister's friend's dogs, but this was the first time I had met them. And lucky they were wearing name tags so I knew what to call them. So now hopefully, if I go over there and find 2 extra dogs, Bazza should be fine with me again. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 pm
I'm afraid if anyone heard me yelling "Milkshake" they would probably say to themselves, "Like she needs another one of those." XD

I had a Dachshund growing up. He was something. Big ego, and very crabby. I have the scars to prove it. XD He was still my best friend at the time though.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 am
Dachshunds are cute but they can be nippy. Very Happy But they're super cute!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:29 pm
They are cute. I forgot to tell about the one the neighbor had when I was 4 that bit my nose, and hung on. Shocked My Dad loves to tell that story. XD I'm surprised I'm not afraid of dogs. I'm also surprised I still have a nose. Laughing

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:28 pm
I don't think I've ever been bitten by a dog before. Even when I was working at the vet clinic. I had a dog go for my leg, but he bit my scrubs instead. I had more bites and scratches from cats. And I have a scar on the side of my wrist from cardboard. O.o

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:12 pm
-has been nipped at by so many things-
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:10 am
I remember one time I was walking in the park and this lady was trying to jog with her pitbull but it kept stopping, sitting down and wagging it's tail and looking at me, the dog looked so innocent and friendly. It stopped like 4 times after I tried to run ahead to try to get the dog to move. So I eventually tried to be friendly and present my hand for it to sniff... Once I did it went berserk and snapped at me, luckily my evasion skill was on point that day and I dodged the bulk of the attack, but I did feel it's fangs graze my jeans... Yikes!

I guess I must have smelt like a delicious meat snack.

(OR PERHAPS IT SMELT THE EVIL SPIRIT THAT IS TRAPPED IN MY HAND LIKE VAMPIRE HUNTER D!?! jk jk)

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 pm
I've been attacked by cats many times. One bit my thumb, and I felt it's teeth hit the bone. *shudders* I've actually been bit a lot. I even had a parrot call me a bad name, and bite me once. Shocked

Tootreku I think you got very lucky. I almost got attacked by a pit bull last year. It was very unsettling. It was up on a porch watching a small child that was riding a tricycle out on the sidewalk, and I was just walking past. It tried to sneak up on me, but I saw it before I ever got close so I was prepared. I have some experience with dogs that like to sneak up on you and bite (my family used to own one like that) so I turned around slowly, and stood perfectly still. She was growling and had her hackles up, but I did my best not to show any fear. She gradually calmed down, and I backed away slowly. The owners were surprised by her behavior. *shakes head* I was not surprised one bit, and they shouldn't have been either. Not just because it was a pit bull because they do get a bad rap most of the time, but any dog that is close to a child is going to feel the need to protect it. Some breeds are more known for this than others. I have no doubt in my mind that if I had made one wrong move things could have turned out very differently. I don't walk by that house anymore.
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:23 am
Rayven -Yeah, I don't know why I was getting involved with that dog, I was in an odd mood where I felt like I wanted to be friends with the dog for some reason, eventhough I knew it was dangerous... I blame sleep deprivation. It seems like just avoiding strangers and their pets is the best thing to do. Whenever I say hi to people in my neighborhood when walking or riding my bicycle they just ignore me. I must look vilanous to them. I guess I shouldn't wear the cape, top hat and curly mustache around everywhere I go. (that last part was a joke)

Good work by staring down that aggressive dog and making a safe escape! It's a shame when dog owners don't really apologize or take responsibility. It reminds me of this one time I went camping with my girlfriend's family and the dog from the campsite near ours ran over and started chomping at my GF's small pomeranians. It was quite the scene but luckily one my GF's relatives held back the aggressor dog without hurting it and everything went back to normal. The dog's owner was a jerk, and didn't even really apologize.

My experience did make me more wary of dogs. When I was bike riding around my girlfriend's neighborhood where a lot of people have aggressive guard dogs I had to find the best route to avoid barking attack dogs just to make my ride a bit more enjoyable.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:02 pm
Tootreku I wouldn't blame yourself. It's hard not to want to pet a dog that appears friendly. I always just ask the owner first. That way I can't be blamed if something does go wrong. That person should have told you that their dog isn't friendly, but once in a while dogs do something that's unusual for them for reasons we can't explain. People just aren't as friendly as they used to be, especially in certain areas. XD I can picture you riding around like that though. That would definitely freak some people out. XD

I'm just glad it worked. I've had so many dogs that I know their behavior and body language pretty well. The owners did apologize, but I would have preferred it if they had just kept control of their dog in the first place. It wasn't on a leash. Dog owners need to be mindful of other people. When I had Great Danes I was always careful to keep them under even better control when strangers were around. A dog that big can be intimidating under the best of circumstances. I'm glad nobody got hurt when that happened. Some people just think, "Oh dogs will be dogs." That is true, but as their owners/protectors we have to try to make sure nothing bad happens. People who don't get that shouldn't own pets.

I'm glad you have a way to still enjoy your bike ride. I think caution is necessary, but most dogs are good and wouldn't bite. However, even good dogs will bite under certain circumstances. I won't let my landlord come into our apartment to fix things while we're not home. In general my dog is not a biter, but I don't know what he might do if we're not home. He might think the landlord is a burglar. I'm not going to let that one encounter keep me from walking, or let it make me fear dogs, but it would be stupid of me to keep walking in front of that particular house.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm
The problem in my neighborhood, is that people are constantly walking their dogs off leash, or going to the nearby parks and taking them off leash. Even when kids are around. When will people realize that no one cares if you shout "it's okay, he's friendly!"? It doesn't matter. No one can account for everything, and something may startle the dog. OR, other dogs may not be friendly. And people may be wary of dogs.

I haven't ridden my bike in ages. I might need to take it out for a spin to get some pent up stress out. Our house buying situation got a little more interesting. Hopefully it will all work out though. I'm not too worried, I'm just exhausted, lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:28 pm
Riley you hit the nail on the head. Things just happen sometimes. Good people, and good dogs, do bad things now and again. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Yes Most people don't like to worry about making others comfortable. They think it's not their problem, but it is. Or it will be when something goes wrong. Even if no people get bit, I don't like to see two dogs get into it. Leashes are simply for the best.

I hope it goes alright, and that you get some rest.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:03 am
My mum was bitten by my cousin's "friendly" GS. She had to get stitches and a shot and any time after that that she went out to her sister's place, her brother-in-law had to hold onto the dog before she got out of the car to go into the house.

Aside from being chased by a god damned pit bull terrier when I was small in a god damned cemetery (mum likes going to cemeteries after doing the family tree), I have zero issues with dogs...except for nippy maltese terriers.

Oh wait, I have been harassed by a female pit bull while sitting at a bus stop waiting on a bus. Her owner had sat down next to his friend and she was kinda, back and forth in front of him, came up, sniffed and licked my leg and then jumped up next to me and snuggled up to her owner. I just wanted to give her a whole heap of pettings, but I didn't. I just smiled at her owner and kept an eye out for the bus.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm
Bo I'm sorry that happened to your Mom. Sad Where did she get bit? On the leg?

One time I should have been bitten, but I wasn't. When I was a kid I went to visit a new friend, and she was living with her Aunt and Uncle at the time. They had a fenced in yard with a German Shepherd in it. I walked right in the fence, petted the dog, and knocked on the door. They answered the door, and asked how I got in. Confused I told them I just walked in. They were shocked, and explained that Chester had been trained to bite anyone that just came in the yard. Shocked

By the way, Chester was huuuuggge. Much larger than normal. They had given him steroids as a puppy, or so they said. :/ I don't know if I had an angel with me that day, if I got lucky, or if it was because I didn't show any fear. After that I saw Chester in action many times, and it did indeed look like he would bite any stranger that came near the fence. He also knew commands, one of which was "kill", and I now wonder what they were up to that they needed a dog trained like that. Confused

He was always very sweet to me, and I grew to like Chester a lot. They didn't have a warning on the fence which was very irresponsible. I'd never have just walked in there if there had been a sign, or if I'd been told. My friend knew I was coming, but maybe not exactly when. She should have told me that it was dangerous to come unannounced.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:25 pm
Yeah, she was bitten on the calf I think. So, she isn't a fan of bigger dogs. She doesn't mind my sister's three little dogs, Penny loves tummy rubs from Grandma...well, anyone who will give them to her, Oscar...just loves attention, and then there is Ralph. Poor dopey Ralph. He likes to jump up on you when you get there and then chases a random toy around and kills it. XD
7750/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Places of Dreams (Quests) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45