501 AMT - Issue I
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads
Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Welcome to 501 AMT!
501 AMT is a bi-weekly magazine all about Zantarni.com
It will reveal upcoming features, interview members, organize competitions, introduce parts of the storyline … and much more. Have fun reading and enjoy your mushroom soup.

501 AMT stands for 501 After Mysterious Traveler. The Mysterious Traveler is when the current Zantarni era began. The stories tell of a prophecy… A traveler would come to Edingtol, and that traveler would be the beginning of the new legend.
So things did not turn out as magically and majestically as expected… but after a great celebration and lots of alcohol and reveling, slowly the change occurred and nothing would be the same. The goddess, Lilitu Medea, faced her downfall and Zantarni was in distress.
Now, 501 years later… we are yet again at the edge of a new era. The goddess that had fallen is returning, but not with the intentions of doing good. 501 will be a year to be remembered.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Hello my dear Zantarnians,

My name is Esmerla and I am first assistant to the Council at the great Wizards Guild of Edingtol. These men, the Council, are busy people… so busy they quite often forget to tell what they are working on, don’t remember to explain their latest idea, get buried beneath the many enchanted scrolls of parchment. That is what I am here for. To help them, to back them up… and to clarify what buzzes around their puzzling minds. So, I present to you… the very first issue of 501 AMT!

This issue’s topics:
- Staff updates
- The interview
- Gaia peace negotiations
- Escape from the Tavern
- Celebration in honour of Yorick the Brave
- Competition
- The Noticeboard
- Adds

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm

Staff updates

First of all, I would like to welcome Lithfass to the pixel art team. She has already pixeled some fantastic items, and hopefully you will get to see some of them soon!
Last Friday I managed to steal a moment and get a few quick questions answered, in case all of you are as curious as I am.

1) How long have you been pixeling?

I have been pixeling for 6 years.
I started when I was about 14 years. My first pixels looked very ugly but with time I learned more about it ... tried out different styles... until found a style that I liked. As I got older I stopped pixeling for a while, maybe two years ... From time to time I pixeled something here and there.
I started pixeling again after I registered at Zantarni, because I loved the artificial wings and the way they are pixeled... and so I opened paint again (after a very long break).

2) What is it like to be on the staff team?
I love Zantarni so much that I always wanted to be a member of the Art team.

It is fantastic...
I was trying to become a graphic designer here in Germany... I did my school and learned into this direction... but after I was done with the graphic school there was no chance for me to get a job that has something to do with art... Not only for me ... for all the others of my class too.
I know that I can draw very pretty pictures... and I have a talent to pixel too... but I could not do anything with these talents.
And now I am here and helping Zantarni with my art! I really love this job and it does mean very much to me.

3) Which item do you think that really still needs to be pixeled?
Awww... I think we really need Dragon Tails... and I will try to pixel some but I don’t know if I can do that.

And… please hold on to your chair, don’t drop your bowl of 501 AMT, don’t scream too hysterically… A preview of the fantastic items Lithfass is working on!

Next, what everyone has been yearning to know… what in the name of Lilitu Medea are the admins doing? And… will those magical features ever actually be released?

Tom:

If anyone sees him, let me know!

Josh:
There is a small room, two stairs up and three corridors away from the entrance hall of the Wizards Guild. This room is a workshop. It has a very neat desk with a comfortable chair, a collection of spell enhanced guitars… and a huge, comfortable, soft, luxurious bed with deep red satin sheets and twenty-two pillows. Inside this bed is a peacefully sleeping Josh, his arms tightly wrapped around a bag filled with golden coins. His precious.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm

The interview

This week I snuck down the deserted streets of Edingtol in the deepest of the night. My mission… to scare the hell out of Osiris-Lee, our Australian Knight and Empress of the role-playing forum. Surprisingly enough, Osi was still awake at this peculiar hour. Well, if you consider being slumped over a desk, eyes closed and getting pen smudges on your cheek awake.

1) Can I interview you?
"Zzzz...Gah! Whadda?!...Interview? For what? Really, what, a magazine? Ok, ok, if you insist. How the heck did you get into my house...?"

2) What is Zantarni to you?
"Zantarni is my role-playing haven. It's pretty much what I joined for."

3) What do you think will happen to Zantarni in the future?
"The computers will open up, engulf all loyal users, and we shall be drawn into a parallel universe known as Zantarni. Then we shall live in bliss.

*cough*

Well, I personally hope we remain much the same in terms of user quality and community wise. It's nice being able to recognise names within the throngs. I also hope we never lose our role-play roots. This would make Osi very sad. And possibly cry."

4) What should Zantarni do to improve roleplaying?
"Hm, that's a tough one. Roleplaying quality is mostly up to the users, in reality. You have to be willing to improve. The main problem, role-playing wise, that I'm seeing is people joining role-plays and then never posting in them again. I won't claim I haven't done this...but it does put a major dampener on things.

Aside from that, a sub forum for OOC threads would be lovely."

5) How do you expect Zantarni to evolve? Will role-playing always be a part of it?
"I certainly hope it will be! We are "Zantarni- Role-playing Game" after all! As to other parts of the site evolving, it's a difficult question. Tom appears to have a lot of plans. I'm hoping we can keep a balance between games, Medieval themed, and role-playing elements. We need to keep doing our own thing."

6) What update are you looking most forward to?

"Hm, that's a toughie. Probably the battle system, if we ever get it. On the smaller scale, I'm rather looking forward to having banking options; I want to put my money away so I'm not constantly tempted to buy things!"

7) So what do you do outside of Zantarni?

At this question, I was met with a blank stare.
"I...roleplay?"

No, no. I meant other then your duties in town.

"Oh! Right. I knew that." >.> <.< "Well, I'm a first year university student, studying arts. That is, history and literature, that sort of thing. I also write a bit, sew a bit, and sing. I'm getting really busy at the moment though, because of Christmas and all. Much singing to be done!

Oh yeah, I also make porcelain dolls. Yes"

9 ) Do you have any other comments?

At this point it was 3 AM and, while I was still raring to go, it appeared I was losing my subject, once more, to the land of nod. After much prodding, the purple-haired mod finally mumbled out a reply.

"Hmm...Just to hope that the other users enjoy playing Zantarni as much as I do, and I hope that they can help keep us running smoothly and happily." Cheesy, yes, but this could have just been said to get me to leave.

Task complete, I promptly took my leave...through the window and down the drainpipe, the way which I had come.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:10 pm

Gaia peace negotiations

To all of you who have no idea. Gaia is a planet not too far away from Zantarni… it is very densely populated with lots of different people with differing personalities. Sometimes, these characters clash… and Gaia and Zantarni are known to be a tad nationalistic and very defensive of their home planets. Still, everyone should stay calm and friendly. War is never a good thing. Ever.

Since this should not be an official rule, how about an official announcement.
Do not speak badly of Gaia or its members. All posts doing so will be censored

This is not taking away freedom of expression. If you do not like Gaia, that's fine, then say "I don't like Gaia". Do not say you hate Gaia, you hate the members at Gaia, you hate the moderators at Gaia. It might be so, but this hurts the people that actually do like Gaia, not to mention it makes Zantarni look very bad.

Zantarni is not Gaia and we will keep saying we aren't... But this does not mean we dislike Gaia and this does not mean we want to be at war with Gaia.

Let there be peace between these worlds… and for that matter all those other worlds out there. Gaia is of course not the only life out there… there is much more, and all people floating around the space of internet should treat each other with respect.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC

Escape from the Tavern

Hello my jolly friends!
Did you know… that beyond the beer and laughter… over that threatening doorstep and out in the streets… did you know there are other places besides the Tavern? They are big and empty places… perhaps scary, but you will find they have their qualities.

All right then, we’ll start close to home. That table over there… next to the door… with all the odd looking people you usually make fun of… That’s the magical table called ‘The Heroes’ Table’. This is where you can write your heart out, use up all your imagination, experience those adventures that have been dying to be undertaken… The Heroes’ Table is a place to role-play and role-play you can.

Moving on. Really, you must face the daylight now. It’ll hurt your eyes, but that’ll pass… or not… but it’s worth the pain in any case. Next to the Tavern is another building. It’s an Inn. Not a small and cozy Inn… but the huge kind, with marble floors and expensive chandeliers. It is modestly called ‘The Artists’ Inn’ but the amazing artists have over the years added to its wealth and expanded it beyond reason. There’s ‘The Painters’ Workshop’ where you can display all your drawings, get critique, find inspiration, discuss drawing tools… Next there’s ‘The Tailor’s Street’… this is a long gallery with tall columns, set around a beautiful green garden (just let your mind believe it is spring anyway, because then it is beautiful and green). This is for the pixel artists. Their tiny artworks should not be underestimated, mark my words! And last but not least there’s this hall… this hall with comfortable couches with dozens of pillows, a constant supply fresh coffee, a warm fireplace… and the largest bookcase you have ever held in your eyes. This is called ‘The Story Teller’s Book’ because the room alone is enough to write a novel about and the people themselves are characters in your story.

Of course there are more forums out there… and there will be sub-forums and sub-sub forums and so on… but for now, check these out. You don’t want to miss the things that are going on there. Rip yourself away from the Tavern. You can always skip back in for a quick drink and a nice chat… but focus on these other places too, because they are really very wonderful.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC

Celebration in honour of Yorick the Brave

There was an ancient tale. It told of a fight between Lilitu and some meaningless Humans. As Lilitu always wins, she abandoned those Humans. She punished them and made them live isolated from civilization.

Yorick, he was one of those Humans, he was an inventor. He was the first to break free and return to the world of Zantarni. Bravely, he travelled to Edingtol. He would let the world know what Lilitu had done, and he would fight her. Once arrived in Edingtol, Yorick ventured down into the sewers. He sensed something. There was this sparkle, this light, this familiar feeling. Too late, he realised what it was. It was Lilitu herself, there, waiting for him and waiting to destroy him. Yorick knew he could not turn back and that he had to face the goddess. If she would not take his life, she might extinguish all of Zantarni.
The moment those two pure lights, Yorick and Lilitu, the moment they touched, there was an explosion. An explosion so great it blew the streets of Edingtol away. The great hall of the Wizards Guild and the square in front of it were devastated. Still, amidst the fire, the cracked stone, the wounded... there was a glimmer of hope. Small round objects started to appear. Orbs of pure magic. They would remind the people magic was neither good nor evil and it only existed because both good and evil existed. Those orbs were given to the citizens of Edingtol and they would be treasured.

Yorick had given his life to free his people and to protect Edingtol... and especially to warn Edingtol for what was to come. This was Yorick’s gift and it was celebrated.

Yorick had died in late spring… but at that moment a fire only just started to spread and the sun still had to rise. The celebration for Yorick would not be celebrated until winter… the beginning of winter. When snow would start to fall and when trees were empty… the citizens of Edingtol remembered Yorick and remembered that because of him they were still alive and they would survive through the winter.

Yorick the Brave. The warmth in winter… and the warmth should be passed on… and gifts should be exchanged. Yorick the Brave, you will always be remembered.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:11 pm

Competition

Well, I won’t puzzle you with a list of complicated rules and guidelines and recipes… If this magazine appears once every two weeks, it should not take you more than two weeks to create a good entry. So sweet and simple… for this issue:

Come up with a slogan for 501 AMT

Just a short sentence describing the magazine.
Keep this in mind… No foul language… everything else is fine. Use any prop you wish (orbs, cats, pillows?)… make it serious, make it funny, make it magical. The Wizard that comes up with the best slogan shall win 501 ZG

Contact me through e-mail! 501amt@gmail.com

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:11 pm

The Noticeboard

(Please note that not all things mentioned here are true fact. Osi takes no blame if you get lose trying to look for the pig pen)

New Donation Items!

Yes folks, our pixel artists have done it again, giving us the skull set for this round of new donation items. For a gem each, you can chose between two different skull-helmets, dark armor boots, dark armor pants (which, I must say, look rather like stylish fencing pants, in my opinion), or the dark armor sleeve; our first, slightly sci-fi looking item on Zantarni!

The Birthday list.

Just taking a moment to wish the users who celebrate their birthdays in November or December a very happy day, and congratulations on reaching another year older.

November:
Lee
Puppetier of Puppets
Tasaika
AngelAmy
-ArcadicKai
HeartlessRika
Misa-Misa
[The.Tampon.Fairy]
ACrazyFruitLoop
Mimisi_setsuai
Red King
Electric~Rose
PeZe
Zeke Wraithe
Burande
Shayla

December:
Dea of Nex
Haruka
ANYOTHERDAY
Anthraxgirl
JadedWings
Xipxter
Immortal
Clausey
Croon
bebopyesterday
Jesmond
Halcyon
lightprincess033

We know we haven’t got every user who’s had a birthday in those months up there, this is just what we’ve compiled from Icewind’s The Birthday List. Happy birthday to all those users!

Missing Pigs

I don’t usually deal with mundane issues such as this, but recently we’ve been constantly hounded about a large number of pigs that have gone missing from various land-owners’ estates. What anyone would want with over two hundred pigs is beyond me, but for the moment, we’re blaming Sir Lonewolf for the missing swine.
If any users see stray pigs wandering the streets of Edingtol, please let one of the Knights know, or try to catch it yourself.

Esmerla

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Adds

Artists wanted

Did anyone notice those amazing illustrations? Well those were all drawn by Yumehayla. And poor, poor Yume is all alone in providing art for this magazine at the moment. If you would like to contribute to 501 AMT and prevent Yumehayla from exploding… Mail me examples of your artwork!
Please understand this is very serious and that we are looking for high quality artwork. You need to be able to work fast and on a regular base… and at the moment there is no payment whatsoever. Doesn’t that sound appealing?
Contact me through e-mail! 501amt@gmail.com

Dress the NPC

Hey, don’t look at me like that! Do you really expect the Council to favour certain people? It’s not like Knights get anything, so I would not dare to demand something myself.
In the explosion a couple of months ago, I lost many of my belongings together with the rest of Edingtol. Due to this I have no clothes, but the Council can not buy me any either since all the gold they have should be spent on re-building the city. For this I have a request. I do admit I am embarrassed to ask, but it is more embarrassing to walk around undressed. If you have anything to spare, please donate it to me. I need around 10k to look proper enough to accompany the Council on their daily rounds. Everything that does not go towards the cause of dressing me, will be awarded in the next competition. That’s right, even if it is 250k gold, it’ll be the grand prize in the next competition. Is that ok? Because I am sort of cold…

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1