{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 6293, 6294, 6295  Next
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:28 am
Up the creek? (sorry, seemed like a proper sort of dumb joke for a conversation with mermaids in it)

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:32 am
Lol. Might end up down the river a bit. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:04 am
Like the people I saw on the river today. One bunch floated sideways down the river in a motor boat, and then motored back up it.

Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:08 am
My job is stupid.
Everyone's hours have been getting cut. No one is getting full-time. I've had between 20-24 hours per week, my coworker had like 19 hours last week. So what do they do? Hire another person! Makes perfect sense, right? Riiight.
I'm scheduled for 3 days next week. THREE. I have bills to pay, man, and cats to feed. I put in an application at another store, but the hiring guy is on vacation this week so I gotta wait for him to get back before I hear anything. But my best friend works for the company and highly recommended me to her boss, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:55 am
I hear some companies have stopped doing full time because with part time they don't need to give medical or anything like that.

Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:28 am
Oh yeah, that's like, every company in the US. But even if you do get benefits, good luck affording them. I was getting enough hours to qualify for benefits (probably not now), but I still couldn't afford medical because they wanted to take $50 out of my paycheck every week for it. And I never need to go to the doctor for anything, so that'd be $200 a month that would just get wasted. I have other things I have to pay for.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:32 am
Good grief. *much sympathy!
Sorry for being so long in replying, summer's been hecking busy, and horridly hot.

Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:12 pm
I hear the UK is having a hard time with a heatwave this summer. I always liked the idea of having consistent weather and thought the UK might be nice, but it never crossed my mind how an unusual heatwave would be so damaging. I'm so used to the weather in the US being all over the place.

This is off-topic, but would it be acceptable for me to post a link to my writing here? I really do want to write stories, but I don't have anyone to read them aside from my immediate family.
Or, actually, maybe I'll just make a thread. I've thought about doing that for a while now, and it would (hopefully) give this site a tiny bit more activity.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:30 pm
This week I am not really going outside, it is always around 38 degrees c x.x If it weren't so humid it would be great but it gets hard to breathe.

***Quebec, Canada: we have -40s and +40s ._.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:40 pm
I don't know about the where to post writings, but maybe a thread would do it. But I've been trying to coax people to read my stuff for years without success.

*also Canadian!* Edmontonian. We're more humid than usual too. Blah.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:07 pm
The humidity is the worst. Dx It was super humid yesterday, and the air conditioning went out at work so it was extra miserable. x.x

I'm... close to Canada? Lol. I live in northern Pennsylvania, the only thing separating me from Canada is Lake Erie.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:17 am
So if you wave hard enough, Silverygit might see you!

Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:05 am
-flails excessively- GREETINGS, NORTHERN NEIRGHBORS.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:53 am
Hello, all. I am also in Pennsylvania -- just south of Pittsburgh. This weekend is supposed to be super hot. I have air conditioning, but my friend I plan to visit on Sunday might not. I will see if I can persuade him to spend a buck and turn it on if he has it. It is supposed to be 94 F that day. We may sweat now, but in six months we will say we are freezing. Laughing
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:31 pm
My parents are from Pennsylvania, Johnstown, to be exact. . .but I am in Vegas and we couldn't survive without air conditioning. . .it's even worse when we get even a little bit of humidity.
Page 6294 of 6295