Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:56 pm
The Pearl King, by Sarah Painter

and I'm about 1/3-1/2 done with The Copper's Heart, by Sarah Painter

I'll probably go find a classic book to read after this series Yes

edit:

done: The Copper's Heart, by Sarah Painter
^^ It's set up for a continuation of the series, which I may or may not pursue once the next installment is ready.

I started reading The Man in the Iron Mask by A. Dumas.
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:29 pm
Read about half of the Man in the Iron Mask and although I will get back to it and finish it, it's proving to be just a tad too flowery-tedious for me right now, so I've gone on to reading another "fluffier" series and am already two books in to the five book series.
Yoari

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:42 am
A recommendation! I am impatiently waiting for the 4th one

The Luckless (Second Age of Retha #1)
by A.M. Sohma

Stuck in a brutal MMORPG as the worst character everÖ

Welcome to Retha, the full submersion video game where you can be the hero of your own adventure. Unfortunately for Kit, it only takes one moment to turn the game into a nightmare.

When Chronicles of Retha experiences a software malfunction, Kitóa disenchanted veteran playeróis stuck in the game without a way to log off. Even worse, sheís trapped playing as the most defective character possible, an elf dancer that was meant to be a prank.

Thankfully, she receives word that there is a way out. But the only escape route is to defeat the gameís ultimate villain. Kit, in her joke character, must fight her way through some of the worst Retha has to offer. Her only help is a party of low-leveled players just as powerless as she is, and the occasional act of mercy from one of the best players in the game, the taciturn (and aloof) Solus Miles.

Can Kit and her new friends finish the quest, or will Retha be their end?
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am
Ooh so many books so little time.

1. Stone carver trilogy by Sue Harrison (again)
2. Storyteller trilogy by Sue Harrison(again)
3. Under the dome by Stephen King (I keep having to restart because I get busy and forget I'm reading it)
4. All books by Anne Rice (some for a third or fourth time)
5. ..I need new stories...help

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:41 pm
mouynaka_Senshi wrote:

What sorts of genres do you normally go for? I am a big fan of Holly Black and she does mostly YA fantasy: The Cruel Prince and the Magisterium were great! Or the Cormoran Strike series for a darker detective world.
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:00 am
Yoari wrote:
mouynaka_Senshi wrote:

What sorts of genres do you normally go for? I am a big fan of Holly Black and she does mostly YA fantasy: The Cruel Prince and the Magisterium were great! Or the Cormoran Strike series for a darker detective world.

I'll read anything. No set genre. I go from Anne Rice to Beatrice small, to sue Harrison to Stephen King to reading a history of salt. Ill have to look her up. If anything it might be something my daughter kura would like.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:14 am
mouynaka_Senshi wrote:

I'll read anything. No set genre. I go from Anne Rice to Beatrice small, to sue Harrison to Stephen King to reading a history of salt. Ill have to look her up. If anything it might be something my daughter kura would like.

Oh gosh I didnít check the user name, long time no see!

I was feeling nolotagic for Harry Potter but didnít want Harry Potter and the magisterium series hit the spot, great for middle school and up. The cruel prince is kept to high school age but hey your house your rules Cool

Iíve heard good things about the Expanse books and just finished Ready Player 2

Iím impressed at how expansive your genres are, Iím such a curmudgeon and read similar things a lot
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:11 am
I recently got new glasses and the world (of seeing words at least) is much clearer and not so achy on my brain. So now I am going to start re-reading David Baldacci's The Camel Club series.. Yes

I also got a heap of true crime books recently too that I am interested in reading.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Yoari wrote:
mouynaka_Senshi wrote:

I'll read anything. No set genre. I go from Anne Rice to Beatrice small, to sue Harrison to Stephen King to reading a history of salt. Ill have to look her up. If anything it might be something my daughter kira would like.

Oh gosh I didnít check the user name, long time no see!

I was feeling nolotagic for Harry Potter but didnít want Harry Potter and the magisterium series hit the spot, great for middle school and up. The cruel prince is kept to high school age but hey your house your rules Cool

Iíve heard good things about the Expanse books and just finished Ready Player 2

Iím impressed at how expansive your genres are, Iím such a curmudgeon and read similar things a lot

Lol hiya, I check in here and there but don't usually have time to post or tge site didn't work on my phone. Better phone now, so I'm gunna try and stop in.

I think I was meant to be a librarian cause I could live in a library and be happy.

Hmm ill have to add the expanse books to my list. I just got my daughter kira the Harry Potter book set, which she adores she's already through 3 books and we've had them for a week.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 pm
Nice Bo! That does make a world of difference! Have you thought about Lasik?

Senshi It is never to late to became a librarian Very Happy
Yes another Harry Potter fan into the fold, what house is she in?

Same, I have issue trying to use Zan on my phone. I can only do the like "count to 50" thread.

CLICK DA PETS
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:06 am
I don't think Lasik would help me much Yoari. I have other health conditions that affect my whole body. I only use glasses for reading, but if I have a headache or migraine, glasses or no glasses I just don't do anything. Sigh

So I have been reading quite a few e-books lately, mostly because I can have the font larger than standard books, and to be quite honest, they have been bugging me. Mostly because I am foolishly assuming that they go through the same editing process as physical books, but also because the main author who I have been reading (a whole bunch of mind numbing romance books) can't keep their characters straight. She writes a lot of MFM books, sometimes with an additional M thrown in, but in one of her historial romance series where it is the majority two men to one woman and at least one story with three men to one woman, in the three to one, the man she marries is basically tall, broad/build like a house, black hair and dark eyes, then backup number one is tall, not as broad, dark hair and blue or green eyes and then backup number two is basically your all American guy, tall and similar body to backup number one, with fair hair and blue eyes. And then in the next book that is the husband's brother's story with his friend, they both suddenly become fair hair and blue eyes. And then several books later, the author is describing a church lunch scene and apparently the town knows that she is married to backup number two instead of the actual husband? And then in a different series with the same theme of two men to one woman, with one book being three to one, after the second book, the author starts to confuse the second guy paired up in the first book, with the second guy paired up in the second book. Basically when they are talking about the second threesome, they use the second guy's name from the first threesome instead of the actual guy from the second threesome.

So yeah, I've been moving towards e-books a bit more lately because I haven't got as much space for physical books, but I don't particularly want to invest in them if they are going to be like the above rant. I have a kindle, so I think I might take advantage of the now 2 months free kindle unlimited, I didn't sign up for it when I first got the kindle, so I am able to take advantage of it as a new kindle unlimited customer. Otherwise it is...AU$13.99. So not really cheap.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:42 pm
As someone who recently became a librarian, I say if you truly love books, absolutely apply to work at a library! Or if you can't, at least ask if they have any volunteer opportunities. I never thought I'd find a job that I truly loved, but working at the library is absolutely the dream job I never knew I wanted.
Page 2 of 2