28%  [ 2 ]
Yes but number 2
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:13 pm
I agree about the mental health Riley. I remember one of my trips home by train after looking into a university, there was a guy that I hadn't paid much attention to aside to notice that he was kinda rocking and muttering to himself on and off for SEVERAL hours and thought nothing about it. It wasn't until we were getting closer to metropolitan areas that his, I guess bizarre behaviour, escalated, yet he removed himself to the toilet where he had started yelling and banging. That is kinda when I got scared. There was this idiot sitting nearby who asked one of the people who worked on the train what the guy's problem was, and what confirmed to me that that guy was an idiot, was when he started laughing about the fact that the other man currently locked in the toilet was in fact suffering from schizophrenia. When I heard that, I was glad that the guy had the presence of mind to remove himself from everyone else.

Now I think it is a good time for a new question.

So, considering the state of the world at the present moment with Covid kicking butt and taking names, how do you think your country's reaction to Covid has been and the resulting actions, or inactions as the case may be, has affected the quality of life for people?
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9650/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:00 pm
I think it's been handled poorly, but I don't blame it on just the President. I doubt any country has handled this situation well. I mean, it's the first time most of us have had to deal with anything like this. We were going to screw it up. However, I think that all the preparing we were supposedly doing for situations like this was really pretty useless in the end. And if I were in charge, I would have shut our country down the moment Covid was even a remote possibility, and I wouldn't have anything to do with China for many reasons besides Covid. I think everyone, including our leaders, just go through life like a bunch of idiots. *shakes head* The time to take action and prepare is before really bad things happen. Rolling Eyes

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:41 pm
I think that every country was too slow to act. That being said, no one knew (except for perhaps China) just how bad it was and how bad it was going to get. There are a LOT of idiots out there who are carrying on and claiming that the whole thing is a hoax. And don't get me started on the idiots who are screaming about how the vaccine is going to have a chip in it to track people and whatnot. They already carry a bloody tracking device in their damned pocket! Rolling Eyes

Anyways, in regards to Australia...I think my state has done a pretty good job. We may keep getting random small breakouts due to idiots, but my state is the state that has been taking in the international flights that are the majority of the passengers are Australians and having people quarantine in hotels while the other states have been closed to everyone. Oh, except for Queensland, they wanted everybody kept out, unless you had a LOT of money....or played state/national sports, then COME ON IN! Victoria had the majority of Melbourne in a tight lockdown for months because they were out of control with the majority of deaths due to Covid happening down there...because people from Melbourne are super entitled and don't care about the consequences of their actions on other people. Yeah...don't get me started on Melbourne...I hate that city and I've never been there, the news showing the people's actions down there have made me adamant not to go there ever if I can avoid it. Laughing

Melbourne's lockdown had hefty fines for non essential travel and trying to travel outside the 5km radius inside the lockdown, they also had mandatory face masks. Greater Sydney (I'm included in that area, but to the west) now has mandatory face masks basically everywhere and there is a $200 fine if you aren't wearing a face mask. Previously when the face mask mandate was out, hairdressers didn't require face masks, now they do. I just got a bunch of disposable face masks for when I go get my hair done. There is 20 and I go to the hairdressers once a month. So I won't go through all of them. Laughing
9650/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:20 pm
It is not the first time the world has faced a pandemic No ... and frankly, I think we handled those a lot better than covid. Also, the quality of life sucks right now, imo. (you asked)
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 pm
Exactly Blaze, the last time a pandemic happened like this on a global scale was immediately following WW1. So for me, that's my grandparents generation because my mum's dad fought in WW1 and trained soldiers for WW2. But back then, travel time was weeks and months, not hours and days. You would think that having dealt with a global pandemic before, the governments would have had to have something, like some sort of guidelines to follow in case it were to happen again that should have been updated and evolved over time. Hell, it was only 100 years, give or take a few years, when it last happened and we have access to so much better resources than they did.

Wow...I really need to find a light and fluffy question that isn't going to frustrate the hell out of me. Although considering my state of mind lately, everything is frustrating. Laughing
9650/10000
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Anyone who blames our President for the mishandling of Covid hasn't been paying attention, remember St. Fauci was consulting him, too and even St. Fauci got it all wrong in the beginning (remember he said it was going to be like a flu).

Then while the President was calling for bans on travel from China and the UK and Europe, prominent Dems were inviting people to come on down to china Town for Chinese New Years and telling the people of NYC that the mostly healthy people had nothing to worry about. . .and let us never forget that the Governor of NY should be charged with mass murder by forcing the elderly with covid to go back into the nursing homes where thousands died.

I don't agree with the mass shutdowns, as all they have done is killed so many small businesses. . .it also gave some governors the chance to be totalitarian dictators, enforcing rules on their States that they have not lived by also.

Although the swine flu was not considered a pandemic, it was also mishandled and when it was done, instead of rebuilding the stockpiles of PPEs, both States and the Federal government sold them off.

The complaints against the President were mostly propaganda by the media. . .things the President elect said he would do, except for mandatory masks, the President had already done. . .increasing PPE production, as well as implementing the Military Production Act, which had Ford and Chevy producing ventilators at a record pace. . .he also provided a Navy Hospital ship to NYC and LA, but neither of them were hardly utilized, their were emergency hospitals set up in places like the Javit's Convention Center as well as in States like LA, that were also hardly utilized. . .

Some States shutting down restaurants completely (even those serving outside) while only 1.4% of those who have contracted it did so in a restaurant. . .forcing people to stay home where almost 75% of people have contracted it, makes no sense at all.

But then you have so many "young" people still gathering in large groups for parties and such, with no regard to whether they will catch or spread it. There was even a game being played at some universities where people would pay $20 and that money would go to the first person who contracted covid. . .and these are places of higher learning?

Their are so many unsung heroes out there, first responders, medical personnel. . .to me another incredible group are those grocery stores that managed to stay open and kept the shelves full (after the early run on TP, etc.).

I am not so sure that the masks being mandatory has helped as much as some "medical people" who have pushed for mandatory masks (at least in some countries) after the Netherland's study came out and reported that 96% of the new cases of covid there were people who wore their masks, as it is mandatory there.

To me, the most incredible thing that has happened is that we already have 2 vaccines being given out in less that a year, as well as another 2 or 3 that are almost ready to be approved. . .the policy of "Warp Speed" is responsible for this, as there has never been a vaccine make it to market in so short of time.

My biggest complaint is how some people completely ignore the fact that China IS RESPONSIBLE for this pandemic and they have taken no responsibility for it. . .and so many of our representatives prefer to call it the President's pandemic, especially since in the beginning THEY opposed everything he was doing.

2020 was the worst year ever and I can only hope that 2021 will be better. . .

(sorry for the wall of text, I could have actually doubled or tripled it's size)

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:43 pm
China should be held responsible but they need to be held responsible for a lot of things. They sell us inferior, toxic products that kill people and pets. Yet we just keep buying from them. Rolling Eyes None of it makes any sense unless you factor in greed, lack of concern for the general public, and the fact that everyone seems to be scared of them. Rolling Eyes And just to be clear, I don't blame the Chinese people (they've been abused too), I just blame their Communist government.

We need to quit buying from them, quit selling to them, and not allow them into our country because they keep sending spies here. If every country on earth would stand up to them together we could stop this ridiculousness. I have no doubt that they manufactured Covid with the sole purpose of exactly what's happened. I don't know if they meant for it to get out when it did, but they would have let it out eventually, even at the expense of their own people because they don't care about them anymore than they care about the rest of the world.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16