Hey look, you just found a training ticket, better keep this might come in handy over at the battle training gym
[Claim It]
*New* Tailor Shop items!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Oh, shiny!! XD
<3 accessories of any kind!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Oh, these look fun to play with
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
My favorite color is ____ (post)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
I'd love to see more of these! (post color preference)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Meh... not interested in this type of item(s)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'd like to see a different kind of accessory (post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
How about some "real" clothes (post suggestions)?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:48 am
Queen Blaze, I know you're busy with Halloween right now. Thanks for thinking about the opal but it can wait until you're not running yourself ragged. XD Heart

Weird looks nice, Tam. Very Happy

Established Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 pm
Yes, Blaze. Don't break the queen.

Thanks, Rayven!

Queen Blaze, do you think next year we can have a Breast Cancer Awareness theme set?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:40 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:

Thanks, Rayven!

Queen Blaze, do you think next year we can have a Breast Cancer Awareness theme set?

You're welcome. Very Happy

Oh, that is a great idea! Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:42 pm
Hrrmmm... uuhh... let's see,Tam (& Rayven). First, please be aware that I do understand where you're coming from and I appreciate the thought behind the request.

However, there are several factors to consider with something like that. To begin with, there would literally be no end to "showing support" for the various causes around the world. We couldn't keep up with it, and it would open barrels of worms that I'd much rather keep lidded (yes, barrels, not cans).

Partly because of this, and in addition to many other reasons, long ago I made a decision to not get political here. You will find no official statements or commentary from me or Staff concerning politics, the state of the world, etc. If any Staff posts on these topics, it is in an unofficial and personal level... which is something I think you all understand to be the case, although I don't recall officially stating it before now.

There is also the site theme, which is "medieval, fantasy and role-playing". Yes, there are a few little exceptions to that theme here and there, but that is and will continue to be the theme for the foreseeable future... and little modern "cause" badges or banners don't work real well with that theme.

There are many reasons I've opted to go this route; Not the least of which is my belief that we all need a break from reality once in a while and the acknowledgment that Zantarni is in a position to provide it. If we introduce items or official stances on politics or real world issues, we are no longer creating a temporary haven from the politics and woes of the world. Taking it a step further, we would be asking for heated debate, drama, and division, which we have enough of in the world these days, IMO.

So the short answer is "No, I'm sorry". That said, do what you can with our existing items, put a little banner in your siggy, etc., if you'd like, but please don't expect special "cause" items to be appearing in the Zantarni shops.

And all of that said^^, the Staff and I do know that political discussion happens from time to time, and we truly appreciate the level of respectful conversation that goes on in our forums when it does. We know we all have our different perspectives, views, and experiences, and it's nice to see those things discussed civility - so thank you for that.

.... and because I assume you've read that small wall of text, and because a few more colors are not a bad thing to have for these items, give me a few minutes to do it, and check the Tailor's shop... there might be a small surprise on its way Smile
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:55 pm
You're right, Queen Blaze. I didn't think about all of that. I was just thinking about pink ribbons or something. XD That's why you're the queen. Wink

Having said that, it was still a good idea, just not right for Zan.

And thank you for more colors. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm
Thank you for understanding Rayven. Yes, good idea - just not for here, right now No

LOL... that's why I get paid the big bucks to just sit on my haunches and micromanage everyone and all the things!! Rolling Eyes XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 pm
XD Unfortunately, we rarely get what we deserve. You definitely deserve the big bucks though. Heart

Established Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Oh. Sorry.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 pm
There's no reason to be sorry, Tam. *hugs* It really was a great idea and reasonable to ask for. Zan is just different than a lot of other sites, sometimes I even forget that. Queen Blaze does her best not to break with the whole medieval/benign? character (I'm not sure what else to call the bunny, etc. stuff XD) themes. Breast Cancer Awareness is different from other, more political causes, but I can still see why Queen Blaze is afraid to go down that road. Other medical and political causes might be requested next by other Zan citizens. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you dressing up Weird however you like though. Very Happy I dressed myself up as Harley Quinn not too long ago and she's certainly not medieval. XD

Queen of the Realm
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:20 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
Oh. Sorry.

Tam, why are you sorry for making such an understandable request? Breast cancer is a serious and nasty (!!) thing to deal with - for everyone and anyone even remotely associated with it. There is zero reason for you to have any regrets or second-thoughts about making the request or wanting to show your support to those who are dealing with this disease! Heart

I am sorry that it is not something I feel appropriate for Zantarni to pursue right now, for the reasons (& others) mentioned in my previous post.

Heart

UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 am
The honest, and weird, response is that I saw a big thing of text, and managed to read into it that I'd screwed up again and done something wrong. I know I didn't.

(I'm not fishing for sympathy, PLEASE don't think I'm saying anybody is bad.)

...Or I could just plead that it's snowing outside and my brain froze? (trying to lighten Tam awkwardness with humour)

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 am
You did not mess up at all, Tam.

LOL - yes, the big block of text probably looked pretty scary at that initial reaction phase of things (I actually wondered how likely that would be), but my "style" is to be reasonably open, honest, and approachable... so I wanted to provide some background and perspective instead of just saying "Nope - nice try!"

Now I know...
XD Heart
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 am
I appreciate that.

XD Felt like I'd been gut punched this morning after I went out without enough layers.

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:15 am
Heart

*looks at her shorts and tshirt* ... ummm... yeah... XD

UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:26 am
XD Right now it's the stage of the year where one is so thin skinned that the heat being fully turned up and a furry bathrobe being on isn't enough!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The Great Hall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3