Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:30 pm
That's awful! Yes, I think you should stay home. *nods*

I'll be going to a funeral soon so I hope I don't catch it there. My cousin's wife passed away last night. Crying or Very sad

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:03 am
Wow, Casper has big ears and feets. He's going to grow into that chonk, just wait.

Awww, so you have a place to wear your black dress, huh, Rayven?

Saiyouri, yeah, they were saying around here, when a lot of people were coming over from Ontario and not being able to find anywhere to live how stuff was wearing out and that was making it even harder for them to find work. I'm really glad your son's got what he needs. And your picture looks amazing. You are gonna have queen nerd bragging rights for sure!

Boo, do you think you could draw a curvy mushroom lady? And thanks! I make those dolls mostly for feel, many people who've gotten them say they find them soothing to hold. Thankfully, nobody's whacked anyone else with one yet that I know of.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 am
Lady Rayven, I am sorry to hear about your cousin's loss, this really has been a tough year for everyone.

Lady Saiyouri, I am glad to hear that your son's cousin is helping him, right now we could all use a little more help.

Lady Tam, I love your braided yarn dolls. Have you ever seen the Japanese clothespin dolls or worry dolls. I had a friend give me one of the worry ones to put under my pillow to help the worries go away (sort of like a variation of a dream catcher). . .I think I worried it to death

Worry dolls -

Japanese clothespin dolls -

From what I have seen, there are so many types of these dolls out there, I guess they are only limited by our imagination. . .

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am
Tam-I know. XD That's what everyone, including his veterinarian, has been saying.

Sadly I do. I'm looking forward to wearing the dress but I wish it wasn't for such a somber occasion. Sad

Your pic of me in the dress you sent me is still coming. I've had a horrible blemish on my face all week. Embarassed I didn't want to take a picture while I'm looking hideous. XD Maybe I'll just throw some makeup on it. *shrugs*

Scarz wrote:
Lady Rayven, I am sorry to hear about your cousin's loss, this really has been a tough year for everyone.

Thank you, Sir Scarz. It really has. Sad I feel very sorry for him. He was such a devoted husband and I commend him for that.

The woman worry doll in the top picture looks a little bit like me. XD

Tam made me a yarn doll but I don't use it as a worry doll. She just hangs out with the other girl dolls and they gossip all day long. XD

Long-term Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 pm
Thank you everyone for the kind words on the project and my son.

My son thinks the project is cool. And he told me he's got a helping out cousin job for the rest of the fall and most likely winter for sure that he will be paid something for. His cousin needs a ton of firewood to heat the house so my son will help him prep the wood. I know how long that job can last. And it's something at least.

He's been tired alot lately and yesterday was the first day both of us could speak for over an hour. I think he might of started to doze on the phone before we hung up. LOL.

I finally finished page one background. In another 4 days page 2 background will be finished. Ya I think this might take forever but I'm ok with that.

Established Citizen
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:58 pm
Sir Scarz, I love the thread wrapped clothespin dolls, though I've never used them for worry dolls. I'd never seen the Japanese clothespin dolls before, but I have some traditional Japanese paper dolls here. Some of them have toothpick type things for their bodies. I also have a doll I made with a wrapped body and a bead for a head, from back in my junk dolls stage (I'd find bits and pieces and put them together to make small dolls). LOL Worried it to death, poor doll. Some of mine have been worn by worry, but that's because they were used as fidget tools.

*hug for Rayven*

Aww. Don't aggravate things on your face. I'm not in a hurry.

XD I knew a hug black and white cat once, though not well. Someone had dumped the poor guy on our farm, with his collar still on.

Saiyouri, I'm glad you got to talk to your son. And w00t for project progress!

I have the sniffles and am sitting here talking to you guys as I attend church via Zoom.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:32 pm
Saiyouri-That's wonderful that he has a job for now. Very Happy Yeah, I'd say they're going to need a ton of wood.

XD I'm glad you had a good conversation even if he did get sleepy.

At least it will keep you busy. You usually finish your projects really fast.

Have you gotten any rain? We finally got some last night. Way more than we expected. Very Happy I'm so glad, our road was way too dusty.

Tam-*hugs* Ok thanks.

Awww, poor cat. I hate it when that happens. Usually they don't have a collar when they dump them. They must have been in such a big hurry they forgot to take it off. :/

Are the sniffles due to allergies? I hope that's all it is.

My allergies are awful this morning. My nose just won't stop. :/

Established Citizen
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:58 pm
I think I'm allergic to the mask. But I'm a runny nose person anyway, usually used to start the moment I stepped out of the apartment.

The neighbour who lives across the hall from me had a bad time last night and was laying in the hall making ghost noises. I called security, and they called an ambulance.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:48 am
Lady Tam, I have a problem when I wear the mask for too long, too. . .between the runny nose and sore throat, the mask seems to give me a few of the covid symptoms while I am wearing them.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:39 am
UtterlyWeird wrote:
The neighbour who lives across the hall from me had a bad time last night and was laying in the hall making ghost noises. I called security, and they called an ambulance.

Oh wow. Shocked I wonder what was wrong with them. That's actually kind of scary.

I'm sorry to hear that you both have trouble with wearing your masks. I do alright as long as my nose wasn't running before I put the mask on, so basically depending on my allergies. :/ Luckily, my allergies are the worst when I first wake up and I rarely leave the house until well after morning.

Established Citizen
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 pm
Masks have been giving me panic attacks the last couple days I went out, too. *grumble* I thought I was over that.

He's got diabetes, and I suspect some mental illness or using problems. He tends to rant and swear and bang around in his apartment sometimes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377
Page 377 of 377