What's the weather doing at your location?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:59 am
Blazestorm wrote:
TI don't want the opinions of sports people or movie stars - they get paid to entertain, so entertain (or play)! If I want a lecture I'll take a class. If I want to feel guilty about something, I'll go to church... XD

Amen! XD

I'm sorry hockey is ruined for you, Sir Scarz. Sad

We're only supposed to get up to 79 today and we might get more rain. Shocked This is not normal for August. We should be hot and dry as a bone.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:15 pm
Bo needs gumboots....and un ombrello...and a raincoat. Or possibly a boat. Shrug
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9650/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:32 pm
bohemian wrote:
Bo needs gumboots....and un ombrello...and a raincoat. Or possibly a boat. Shrug

Avete bisogno di stivali, un ombrello e un cappotto, o forse una barca! c'e piove!

Here, it's currently overcast but it was sunny a couple minutes ago. This is not untypical for Florida summer afternoons, though. It'll be sunny again soon. Yes
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:14 pm
It's raining hard here.

Defender of the Realm
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:39 am
Lady Rayven, I wish I had some of that rain here as it is 6 PM and 104 F. . .I think the temp is part of what is driving me crazy sitting around the house as it is not even comfortable to go outside in the evening. . .I have no more doctor's appointments until the end of the month and still do not have the last CTscan scheduled yet. .so still no firm date when I will be heading back to work.

On the bright side, all my staples are out so I no longer look like a modern Frankenstein. . .but my head is as lumpy as Mr. Potatoheads!

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:51 pm
Sir Scarz, I would be happy to give you some of our rain. Very Happy Some of the plants have too much but there's not much I can do about it. Strange for July/August...*shrugs*

I'd be more concerned if you weren't going nuts. That is way too hot to spend time outside. Try to enjoy not working even if you are a little bored. You'll be back to work soon enough.

Awww. XD I'm sure that will get better over time. Very Happy I've never had staples. They scare me more than stitches.

It was hot and muggy today. No rain since yesterday. Yet. XD

Defender of the Realm
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 pm
Lady Rayven, I would gladly take all the rain you can send. . .we are now headed into a week of extreme heat warnings (every day will be 110 or higher). . .

The staples were definitely more scary looking than any old stitches. . .they came out rather easily, but going in they felt like someone was using one of those construction staplers *shivers*.

It has been pretty boring, I had to cut back on my cable channels, so there isn't much to watch, about the only sports I can watch are all my grackles racing around in the shade in my backyard. . .they are hilarious. . .some hop, some skip, some flap their wings as they run. . .some even waddle like ducks *chuckles*

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:50 pm
Oh my. That is so hot. Sad

I can only imagine. *shivers too* I watched my son get stitches years ago and it was...interesting? to watch. He basically skinned his leg so I wasn't sure what good stitching it would do. It looked like the skin you take off a chicken only it had holes in it. Shocked I figured the skin would rot off but stitching it did the trick. I was amazed and slightly disturbed. XD

If it makes you feel any better, Sir Scarz, there's not much on right now anyway and not much new stuff because of Covid. :/ No offense, but I'd rather watch grackles than real sports. XD

It only got up to about 88 today but it's very humid.

Defender of the Realm
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:15 am
Actually, watching the grackles is much more fun than most sports, although they all look like characters out of "Oliver Twist". . .a bunch of ragamuffins as it is molting season for them. You would think that my boy Nico was some kind of bird killer as there are so many feathers from the grackles and doves almost covering the back yard.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:59 pm
*imagines tons of messy-looking birds* XD You're lucky he doesn't kill them. The stray kitten that's been hanging around our house has already killed a few. Crying or Very sad

It's pretty nice here today. It's only 86 and it's not very humid. It's been feeling like fall on my morning walks. Very Happy

Defender of the Realm
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:37 am
In the 5 years I have been with him, Nico has only caught one sparrow. . .and he got so excited that he let it go! He sometimes chases the doves and the few pigeons, but he has always sat and chittered with the grackles and they have always talked with him, they actually get within 5 feet of each other and he never chases them. . .it seems they trust him.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:14 pm
Awww. XD That sounds like Max. He chases the chipmunks but when he's had a chance to catch them he just lets them go. I still don't trust him but I'm glad that the grackles can trust Nico. Very Happy I think Nico just wants friends.

Defender of the Realm
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:05 pm
It is fun to sit and listen to them chitter back and forth with each other. . .when it's cooler and I have by bedroom side vents on the french door open, he sits there half the day just chittering away.

I am disappointed, last night the humidity was so high and it smelled like rain. . .come to find out that south of me the rain came down in buckets, yet we got nothing *sighs* watching the videos on the news as they showed kids out playing in the rain. . .I was so jealous!

Queen of the Realm
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:26 pm
Scarz wrote:
... playing in the rain. . .I was so jealous!

You're welcome to come here - it has been raining on and off for days and it looks like we might have a couple (yes, a couple) of hurricanes coming through early next week... they usually bring plenty of rain! XD I'm not sure you'd want to dance around in it, though... Confused
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:05 am
It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't gotten cocky and plastered me with all that mud!!!!!

I think I will stick with the heat and pray for rain. . .not a big fan of hurricanes or typhoons or tornados. . .

Page 8 of 15