Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:33 am
Today, I am tired. And I got nothing done here that I was planning on getting done. And there's a big ol' storm heading this way that I need to keep an eye on just in case it decides to come on this side of the peninsula. And I'm tired. Did I mention that already? Confused
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am
Scarz wrote:
I definitely feel like Tank is still close, sometimes it feels like he is laying in bed with me.

I have never seen a thrush take a dust bath, but watching the grackles in the birdbath is hilarious, water goes everywhere and the males seem to take special pleasure in showing off for the ladies.

Awww. Maybe he is. Very Happy

XD The red-winged blackbirds do that here and the blue jays try to hoard it for drinking. LOL The red-winged blackbirds have gotten very vocal about wanting no humans in the backyard. Rolling Eyes Every time I go out there they fuss loudly at me. I asked them how they'd get their food and water if it wasn't for me. XD

Kaderin-A ghost town sounds like a ton of fun. Very Happy I'm sorry you had to postpone it but maybe you can still go soon.

I went to the Lemp Mansion in St. Louis for dinner once. They have a website that tells all about the purported hauntings there. I had a great time except for a lousy, expensive dinner, but I never experienced anything there. I didn't even feel anything. They were even nice enough to let my friend and I snoop around as long as we didn't bother the other guests. We got lucky and one of the groups that were staying the night there invited us to see their room. They were drinking heavily and very friendly. XD I was so impressed with the large bathrooms!

The funniest thing happened when my friend went to the restroom by herself though. She was in there a long time so I finally went to check on her. I found her in the corner of the bathroom listening to the walls. Confused I asked her what in the world she was doing and she said she heard the ghosts. Turns out she was hearing the kitchen staff. XD I nearly died.

*pokes Bo*

Queen Blaze-I think you need a vacation. XD *gives the queen a pillow and blankie*

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:03 pm
I always could use a vacation, Rayven. It's terribly ironic given that I live where people come TO vacation (although not usually over the summer)

Well, here's to trying to get everything done today!

*goes to get more coffee*

Oh! No more tattoo talk, Bo! It's making me want to get more work done too! Razz
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:10 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
I always could use a vacation, Rayven. It's terribly ironic given that I live where people come TO vacation (although not usually over the summer)

Yes, it is. XD

My mom and dad are going to sell their old camper and they bought one of those humongous RVs that you can drive and don't have to tow. Shocked I guess we'll be camping sometime in August. I'd rather stay in a fancy hotel. XD

Established Citizen
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 am
Those campers ARE fancy hotels. They're more posh than the homes that a lot of people are choosing to live in full time. XD

I had a special cat. She's been gone well over ten years, but I still miss her and have regrets about giving her to the people she officially belonged to. I can still remember how her fluff felt, and how her big eyes looked at me after she'd tried to join me in the shower and decided to just sit on the side of the tub where it wasn't slippery instead.

*gives Raven a pillow. At speed*

I'm still not able to wear a mask. I wonder if one of the ones with the plastic vent looking thing would work for me.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:35 am
Lady Tam, I agree, some of those motorhomes are better than 5 star hotel rooms.

As to masks, I don't have a problem with them, I have a multiple of options. . .I have a cloth one my co-worker made, I have one of those with a single plastic vent and another with a double plastic vent (one on both sides) as well as a gaiter (the one that covers my lower face and neck). . .I am most comfortable with the double-vented one, it seems to fit my face better and doesn't slip around easily and i don't feel as "claustrophobic" while wearing it.

I hope you find one that works for you.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 pm
I know what you guys mean. They are nice, but there's so much more packing to do than going to a hotel. It's like working to go on vacation. XD My mom goes too crazy though.

Cats and tubs don't usually mix. XD

I hope you can find one too, Tam. But if you can't, that's ok. *hugs* I just wish everyone that can wear one would. If enough people wore them, the few that can't wouldn't make that much of a difference I don't think.

Established Citizen
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:17 am
I don't have a choice about masks now. No store will let anyone in without one now. I wore mine all the time I was out, because the plastic shield doesn't work with my hat, and on days like today hats can't be avoided by me. It felt like a wall between me and other people, I wasn't functioning well, and it kept sticking to my nose when I tried to breath. I had to periodically stop and breathe through my mouth to assure myself I was getting enough air. It's a good mask, and fits well, but aughhhhh, stuff on my face.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am
I know it's a pain but I hope it helps keep you safe. <3

I just found out yesterday that I was exposed to Covid at church on Sunday. Sad Now we wait and see. I would appreciate everyone's prayers and/or positive thoughts. It's my own darn fault. Church was the only place my family doesn't wear a mask. I wanted to but no one else did. My mom is very vain. Rolling Eyes Anyway, Sunday was also the first time since this began that someone ran up and hugged me. :/ I guess I should have pushed her away but I didn't. Embarassed She called me yesterday to tell me that she started feeling bad Monday night and the test came back positive yesterday morning. I was impressed by how fast her results came back. She's a pharmacist so maybe she has connections. XD

I just pray that if we get it we get a mild case of it.

Queen of the Realm
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm
Rayven, I'm sure you'll be fine - eat healthy, take your vitamins (C, zinc), make sure you're hydrated, rested, and try not to stress (stress lowers the immune system) Yes but "good luck" nonetheless! Heart We're here for you!

Tam, I'm with ya. I hate the things, can't wear them, and I just love (*sarcasm*) how the stores are now making medical policy by requiring them, despite the tons of conflicting information about their effectiveness for this use Rolling Eyes
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 pm
Bo is still alive.

*wonders back out again as she mutters at her phone while trying to understand what the hell is actually being said in the Italian lesson*
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9520/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm
LOL - good to know you're still alive, Bo.
I don't know if I can help, but you can always try asking me about Italian - I'm "ahead" of you enough that if I can't help you, I need to do some remedial work (which is the case anyway, but...)
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:50 pm
*flops in*
I need to get inspired to do some sewing this weekend. Picked up some cute fabrics for an apron and a skirt or possibly dress if I have enough. Though I still need a brightish green for the apron, which is gonna be nearly impossible since solid colors are so low in stock at the store I work at right now. Though if we have one with a subtle pattern, I may go with that instead.

Defender of the Realm
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:37 pm
I am feeling much better and actually feel like I should be able to go back to work, though my Neurologist is setting up at least one more CT Scan. . .I also feel better because my short term disability came through (about 60% of my regular pay) so I should be able to survive without working through September, the disability ends on September 5, so i may have to ask for an extension. . .but just getting it and the back pay helps relief the stress.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:54 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
Rayven, I'm sure you'll be fine - eat healthy, take your vitamins (C, zinc), make sure you're hydrated, rested, and try not to stress (stress lowers the immune system) Yes but "good luck" nonetheless! Heart We're here for you!

Thanks. Very Happy So far, so good.

Sir Scarz I'm glad you're on the mend. Very Happy
Page 32 of 33