Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am
I'm glad he understood.

I don't blame you. I don't want her to get hurt or her to hurt someone else.

Window units are a pain but they're better than nothing. I hope she doesn't get scared today. I had two up in the city and the one in the bedroom was bad for getting stopped up. :/

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:33 pm
Well it seems Tuesday he's coming back to fix the box that the unit in placed in the wall. It's uneven and bowled out and he said taking the unit out and replacing the box and screwing it in the wall will fix out dripping issue. We are the first to complain about this but he said others most likely will since the buildings are ... I guess the only way to say it is sinking into the ground more. The buildings are kinda like leaning more to one side each year and the movement of the building no longer being level is the cause of all this. I just hope Tuesday he can fix it. Would love not having to worry about things plugged near that unit getting hit with water and having to keep water off the floor so it doesn't get moldy and weak.

Otherwise things are ok. For some reason it's sticky in here and the ac has been running. I so hate humidity. Can't wait to buy a dehumidifier to help with this problem. This summer is so horrible and it's not even July yet ; ;

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:47 pm
Wow. That's a shame. Your building sounds like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Sad I hope they get the AC fixed for you at least.

I know what you mean but it took so long for the sunny days to get here that I'm ok with it. XD

I can see the Saharan dust on my car. Shocked I just touched Africa! XD

Long-term Citizen
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:46 pm
Well we might of found one cause for the ac not cooling off the place at all yesterday. The foam padding around the unit wasn't fully in place when the maintenance guy came over to check things out. We put it in place last night and it seemed to help actually cool off the room. Now to wait til he shows up today and fix our leaking ac so we can finally wash those two towels sitting on the floor being icky from rusty rain water from a dripping ac.

I so want my dehumidifier to come in now. ; ; Might be here tomorrow. I'm kinda over this whole thing of waking up to a paper mouth that lasts an entire day. Summer.... just go away..... no one likes you.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:40 am
Old, wet towels are the worst. You need a better maintenance guy. :/

I hope it comes in. Very Happy I could probably use one too.

My allergies are a little worse again today, but yesterday was the first day in a week that I didn't wake up sneezing and my nose running. Today my nose is just stuffy. I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe the dust. I did seem to get better after we got some rain. Now the mold will kick in. XD

Long-term Citizen
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 pm
The ac is fixed, we had about a gallon of water in the line when they took the unit out of the wall.......

We only have one maintenance guy and he's the one who did the work before the others were fired (they did nothing but screw things up and he had to go in and fix it).

The dehumidifier came in and it works in the room it's in. We can't place it in the hallway to cover the whole house because we have small doorways to enter the living room and too much wasted wall space on each side of it. ; ; So we are still doing test on what to do to help with the temps. We still have to run the ac in my room next to the living room to help with keeping temps down. Otherwise just running the living room ac the ac keeps running but temp doesn't go down at all. ; ; I so hate this place big time.

Could it be pollen outside that's causing your allergies? I noticed that affects me now.

I've been trying to get back to normal. Catching up on sleep and working on my plastic canvas project. Even talking to my son a bit more often. He's waiting to go back to work and to get this full pay in. They paid him half of what he was supposed to be getting and they have no idea why it wasn't the full amount. >.>; I hope they fix it soon. He's also looking into a more paying job as well since Amazon can't guarantee 40hrs a week and this new place can and the pay is higher as well. So he's still trying to get that new factory job.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:57 pm
I'm glad it's fixed. Wow! O.O

Oh, I'm sorry for saying he's incompetent. XD

I hope you get it figured out. At least you have it now so that's something.

I guess it could be but I've been doing ok before that and after. Whatever it was, it was only around about a week.

I hope he gets the job he wants. It's hard to get a 40 hour job anymore. :/
Page 365 of 365