Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 359, 360, 361, 362  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 18, 2020 12:00 pm
I don't regret choices I make, never have. I don't feel comfortable going back to Wisconsin yet considering my past and the people who are still there. I feel inside me that going back to that state right now might trigger PTSD, even if it's for my daughter's wedding. Hubs said he understands how I feel.

I just have to talk to my daughter about this. I have told her I don't mind not going, but I think she's been dismissing it. I'll eventually find a way to say it right to her so she understands a bit (I hope, she tends to ignore the important reasons behind things).

I'm glad it stopped hurting after you got up. Wow, what did you do with a staple gun? If you don't mind me asking.

The humidity is 40% about but it's still bad because for some reason the two apartments below us I don't think are cooling off their places enough that it doesn't heat our place up alot. Last night we cooled the place off to about 75. Turned off the air and at 11 it jumped to 77 then at 12 it went to 79 out of the blue. No idea why I took about 4hrs for it to jump like that. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 18, 2020 7:21 pm
Oh, I understand too. It's just a shame that you need to miss her wedding. Hopefully, she'll take lots of pictures.

Oh, I don't mind. XD I was stapling some chicken wire to the boards around my dad's little fish pond (there's no fish in it anymore) in the backyard. I was tired of Max getting in there and getting all muddy. He drank the nasty water too. :/ It already had a fence but it was falling down so we put up a new fence. It looks really cute when the lily pads bloom. Very Happy

I'm really tired of having to wear a mask and gloves to the store. :/ Bring on the vaccines! XD

Long-term Citizen
Tue May 19, 2020 11:46 am
I'm sure she will have tons of pics.

Ooo nice. And that's understandable not to want him to drink yucky water.

I know England is doing testing, and so is another place. No idea how the tests are going. I'm hoping vaccines do come soon. I'm still waiting for the sewing machine to come in order to make the masks that are waiting to be cut out. Hubs still needs to buy more but we haven't yet. >.<

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Yeah, I heard about an algae that can kill dogs so I worry about that a lot. I don't think our pond had any of that kind but better safe than sorry.

I heard that they've developed a vaccine that appears to work and be safe for humans, but they have to do more human testing to be sure. I'm very hopeful though. Very Happy

I hope it gets there soon. We bought a few cheapy masks from the pharmacy yesterday but we're still waiting on the good ones we ordered to come in.

Established Citizen
Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 pm
...The older I get the dumber I think my parents were, though I understand more of why they were dumb. But I'm weird.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 20, 2020 11:07 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
But I'm weird.

Nooo, you're Tam. XD Just kidding.

I understand what you mean. Once I realized that my parent weren't stupid I started to grow up. And now...I'm back to thinking I know better sometimes. XD We just do things differently I guess. They tend to forget how old I am and that I've lived on my own.

Long-term Citizen
Thu May 21, 2020 11:28 am
Rayven- I have heard about that vaccine. I have high hopes as well.

I'm just hoping that the machine comes soon. Would be nice to get that fabric off my closet floor and the tv stand where the fabric hubs bought years ago for a scarf.

I understand Tam. Though my case is a bit different, my mom is kinda dumb but in a different way. Poor hubs mom on the other hand has seem to been getting dumber the older she got. He's told me that she's worse than she's ever been and he doesn't understand why.

Well yesterday was horrible. My son's car is busted and he can't afford to get it towed to get fixed, yet again. He might lose his job and no family is willing to help. Spoke to him and he's given up completely on everything. Hubs and I tried to think of how to help him, but all my ideas all depend on people in Wisconsin getting off their lazy butts and helping, but that would mean they stop being so narcissistic. And that won't happen. I'm not really sure what's going on, but I need to stay hopeful so this doesn't really get to me big time. He's been trying so hard to get his own place so he stops living in his car, but every time he tries, it always backfires on him. And he even stated how he works so hard and doesn't understand why bad keeps happening to him. I so need to keep this out of my mind. Depression started to slowly kick in yesterday.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 21, 2020 4:56 pm
Saiyouri, I'm sorry to hear about your son's troubles. Crying or Very sad I hope things get better for him. It's really hard to make it when you're homeless. I'm impressed that he's held it together as well as he has. Poor kid.

Established Citizen
Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 pm
My parents shut themselves off from society and abused each other and their kids in a nearly slave bondage situation. Then, when I finally understood that I could tell the police, they broke up and Dad got deported back to the States. He and Mom divorced, and Mom soon married again. Then Mom started calling me and wanting me to remember our loving mother/daughter bond. I told her the truth. There wasn't one, and I didn't know her, but that I was willing to get to know her. She stopped talking to me completely except for a Christmas card every year. That's why I think my parents were dumb. But like I say. I understand why.

*hugs for Saiyouri*

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm
*hugs* I'm so glad you got out of that situation. I can't imagine what you went through. And you're right. They were dumb. You deserved better than that.

Long-term Citizen
Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm
Thank you both. Got a call from my daughter (sadly my son doesn't update me like this), but he's got a tow from his great grandfather, who is helping him fix his car and second cousins are letting him stay at their home until the car can get fixed.

And his father is mad at him cause my son called family behind his back for him when he refused to do it (the non existent logic). But he's got help and that is all I'm focusing on right now. All the bad I heard about his second cousins I'm trying to keep out of my head. I swear people are really dumb right now. This poor kid is going through alot and people focus on one tiny thing to be upset about (my daughter in this case and I'm not sure why.) I know his great grandfather is old and that, but he's always been a nice guy and helps family. Ugh don't focus on stupid right now.

I'm glad you are free from that Tam *hugs*.

I am trying to keep positive and hope things turn for the better right now. It's not easy but I'm trying.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun May 24, 2020 11:40 am
I'm glad he got some help. Even a little help goes a long way in his situation.

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 am
Ya anything is good. So the fact someone helped him is all I care about. I haven't heard from him but that's ok. I will just keep out hope for good to keep happening. Especially since it's close to summer and Wisconsin summers are evil. >.>;

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 25, 2020 11:45 am
I hope he contacts you soon. It must be frustrating to only hear news of him from his sister. Kids! XD

We got a pretty big storm last night. Lots of lightning. I happened to be outside when one hit pretty close. Close enough I could hear it crackle. Shocked Needless to say, Max and I ran into the house. XD

Long-term Citizen
Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am
It used to bother me but now I'm used to it. I don't mind the breaks inbetween talking to my son. I look at it at least I'm getting updates on him.

Wow. I'm glad we haven't gotten a storm. It's in the high 80s right now and today is supposed to be the worse at 89. Which means it will be 93 at least here. >.> Then we get cooler weather... Yup still makes sense.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 359, 360, 361, 362  Next
Page 360 of 362