Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 359, 360, 361  Next
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:23 am
Aww. Not really spoilt, I don't think. She's just hoping to be part of the family in her cat way.

We got even more snow! A couple inches or so. It's melting right now in the sun.

I wonder if you can buy TP on Amazon?

Saiyouri, could you run around crazy too? Sometimes it's fun.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:45 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:

I believe you can but they won't take returns on it because of the hoarding and you probably won't get it for weeks. Dad checked into it. XD I think he decided against ordering it since it won't come right away.

Long-term Citizen
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 pm
Tam- I run towards the cats on occasion crazy but they just run from me.... meanies.

Rayven- HAHA I try to make the bed with kitties on it. They don't sit or try to help much, but at times they do.... well if I put them on the bed that is Very Happy

Wow, that is sick. I know big chains can't price kill people. Mostly because I think people would try to kill sellers for the prices... True.

We tried to look into purchasing toilet paper, paper towel and a few other things we normally buy online... Walmart has everything we want listed as in store only and amazon is out of most or a couple dollars too much and hubs would rather try to get it in the store. I'm hoping he can. Trying to keep positive on that.

Oh and it seems his brother is going to be tested soon for the virus. He has a couple symptoms... and the guy has asthma I just found out, using a breathing machine and he smokes. I think I'm done with humanity for awhile again. I just can't right now... Not now.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:18 pm
Saiyouri-XD Imagine cats could be worse than a dog if they wanted to be. You could wind up with shredded sheets. LOL

Yeah.

It's getting harder and harder to find some. We struck out today. :/ I hope you find some.

I hope he doesn't have it. It sounds like it would be very hard on him.

Queen of the Realm
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:36 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:

We did.

On March 28th.

The off-brand, overpriced package of 10 rolls ($16) that I found only after much, much searching is scheduled to arrive between April 17 - May 8.
thunk

BUT, TP options (among other things) is a topic on a site/venture a friend of mine has started, "Sustainability Made Easier", if you're interested or curious... or desperate... (and I'm really not trying to plug my friend's site here / break my own site rules about advertising; just trying to give you guys some options and she explains it a whole lot better than I could!!)

And, for what it's worth, I ran across an article today that suggested that the whole TP thing is more than just people buying more (hoarding)... but that many people actually need to have more on hand because they're at home instead of at work (& using the business' TP)... and that there are different types of TP, each with their own chain of processing ... so things are kinda funky right now with the supply and demand...
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:24 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
And, for what it's worth, I ran across an article today that suggested that the whole TP thing is more than just people buying more (hoarding)... but that many people actually need to have more on hand because they're at home instead of at work (& using the business' TP)... and that there are different types of TP, each with their own chain of processing ... so things are kinda funky right now with the supply and demand...

I'm sure that's true. That's why a lot of food is gone too. People are eating at home more.

Long-term Citizen
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 pm
No word yet on hubs brother. I'm figuring we might hear something around Monday about the results.

Well with this going on, hubs is worried on leaving the home more and more and figured this might be the best time to try to quit smoking again. I tried to look up when women are best to quit and how it affects our annoying time and there is barley any info about it out there. Seriously why can't guy have this stupid thing so research can be done to see how it fully affects the body instead of general info for people in general instead of something for women to understand things more. >.>;

I'm trying to stay positive on hubs shopping. We tried to check Walmart, Amazon, Target and Costco for stuff we need but things are all sold out, more expensive or in store only.

Hubs has a friend who works at Walmart, they spoke yesterday and we heard Walmart is thinking of making it only online or store pickups now. How grocery shopping will be done for people on assistance I have no idea. But it's something they are considering. I told hubs they should change their site to make it certain items have a limit to buy instead of their stupid in store only.... Oh and Michigan is fining people for being outside for non essential reasons. $1000 fine... That would be nice to see out here since the street by our home is busy still with people going places for nothing. Heck hubs mom called to see if the liquor store near our Walmart is open........ I told hubs think of it as a joke to make it easier on him instead of thinking his mom is stupid.

Oh and it seems my daughter might have a bad allergy to something on her arm. She sent pictures a couple days ago of small red dots, she took benadryl and it went away. Well it came back the night before yesterday and it's worse. I told her to try it again and send me a pic to see the difference it made... She might forget.... And to see bout getting an appointment for allergy tests. If something like that is getting better with allergy meds, then she might be getting a new allergy and who knows what it could be. And I don't want to chance it's developing into a bad one. Since it's starting like this it's a bit worrying. I just hope she actually takes a pic of it in the morning with the meds in her to see what kind of difference it might have. Even told her my mom has psoriasis and it could be something like that. >.> Heres hoping to her listening to me again.

Established Citizen
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:25 pm
I'm starting to get a little worried about what I'll eat. The only rice I can find to buy ANYWHERE is the stuff from China or India that cooks up crap and doesn't agree with me. Hurricane Flo is threatening to come again, so my guts are acting up, and that means that any of the rice pudding I've been able to buy is a bad idea because of the milk.

o_O And here I thought I was the big bad saviour of the zombie apocalypse.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:56 pm
Saiyouri-I hope the test comes back negative.

I think it's hard to quit anytime. I usually say I'll wait until my life is less stressful but that time never seems to come. XD

I'm a little mad at Walmart myself today. They would only let me or Dad go into the store so I went. But once I got in there other people were shopping in pairs. So I snitched on them. XD The manager said people are sneaking in a few minutes after the first person goes in. :/

I hope something isn't biting her. Did they look like bites at all?

Tam-That's terrible. I hope you can find some. Things that keep a long time are hard to find right now. It took us forever to find some Great Northern beans. We finally found some last week.

Awww. XD You still are. *hugs*

Established Citizen
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 pm
After I wimp out about this?

Saiyouri, I also hope it's not bites.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:11 pm
Of course, Tam. I've been being pretty strong about the whole thing, at least I thought I was, but I started having nightmares last week and getting irritable. I'm pretty sure it's my subconscious worried about the virus. :/ Even superheroes bleed or have moments of doubt. It's ok if we freak out once in a while over this. We'd probably be crazy if we weren't at least a little worried or sad. Every time I have to go to the store I wonder if that will be the time we drag the illness home.

Long-term Citizen
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 am
Well no word on the test results for hubs brother. His mom keeps saying he has no symptoms so who knows. If his brother doesn't have it, why the heck say you have symptoms of it? >.>

Well people don't seem to know anything where my daughter is. She rewent into see someone and they said it could be scabies, but there are no signs of it like a ring on her. So they gave her a cream for it.... and she's testing things out that could cause a allergy to her. Rewashed everything of hers to see if it's laundry detergent and I told her if that doesn't seem to do anything then wash her body and hair with different things to see if that could be it. I hope she's going to do it. Cause this is odd. But it doesn't seem to have spread more than both arms and hands so that's a plus.

Wow, I'm surprised Walmart won't let people shop together if they are together. I know ours wasn't too bad when hubs went to it. They had arrows to tell you which way to go and people gathered to buy toilet paper and paper towel when he went to that spot in the store. But otherwise he said he was surprised how people were. Everyone was smart. So that's a big plus... Just means we live by the stupids. Seems the dumb people congregated in our city.... I'm not happy about that.

*hugs* Tam. Hubs has been kinda the same way. But he spoke to someone at a store who worked there and he said people aren't getting that sick at his store and hubs looked into it and seems Ohio might of hit their peak. Not many are getting sick. And two of the worst countries are seeing a decline so that's something to be positive about. I understand how you are feeling and I hope you can sleep peacefully soon *hugs*

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:00 pm
Hmmm. That is weird.

I hope it's not scabies. Those are hard to get rid of. *shivers*

XD Don't worry. There are dumb people everywhere. Our Walmart doesn't have many in there now, especially since they won't let more than 1 person from each household go in. For some odd reason, it still seems to take a while to get checked out though. :/

Established Citizen
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 am
Oh, I'm still sleeping fine. And you wanna hear the weirdest thing? It's not the virus that's freaking me out. It's the fact that we're supposed to be in. So going out feels like I'm being bad, and I'm afraid I'll get in trouble because I sniffle (allergies). I'm not afraid of getting close to people because I'm afraid they'll make me sick. I feel like it's not respectful to get close.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:56 am
That makes sense Tam. Don't worry that's completely understandable.

Rayven- I guess her marks are slowly improving. I'm not fully sure. She called for like 5mins tops and it was kinda rushed so not sure what was said. The first two times she called her step brother was being overly loud in the background she had to call back when he was quiet. But I think she mentioned it was a bit better. >.>

We had a storm last night. Was told of torando warnings, but it wasn't because one was sighted, it was cause the speed of the winds could of created one.... And seems some trees were uprooted in the town near us. Finally something decent storm wise here. Had to tell hubs he tried to get us to go to the first floor again and he had no idea he tried to do that. Our building isn't built for torandos at all. The first floor isn't even safe to sit under the stairs where you are told to go to during torandos. The whole glass flying from both doors in the front and back of the building kinda destroys the safety idea there. He kinda felt bad for trying to get all of us down there. At least he calmed down enough to think. The kitties were more confused why they were locked in the bathroom though. lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 359, 360, 361  Next
Page 354 of 361