Browser tabs and multitasking
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm

How many browser tabs do you have open right now?

I currently have about 17 open tabs; and I just closed a bunch. Most of my tabs are concerning Zantarni -either particular pages or forums here that I'm flipping between for one reason or another, or information on castles and things that I was researching (again) for Zantarni- but there area several tabs open with other things too.

That's a lot of tabs!

... and you....???

Last edited by Blazestorm on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm
On my phone? I alternate between 1 and 2 tabs, occasionally more if I am out and want to look something up at the time.

On my laptop...my main browser for random things is Firefox and I typically have minimum of 5 tabs open, or 6 during uni semester. Two different emails, Facebook and Facebook messenger in semester, and 2 tabs for Zan...which occasionally expands into more tabs during events. Yes

With my browser for uni, in the first fortnight, I have 3 tabs minimum running, my uni email, the page with my timetable so that I know where I am going and gets closed down once I am used to it, and then I have the page that shows all my units that I can then open in individual tabs to see the course details for those units.

I think the most amount of tabs I've ever had open at a time was definitely over 70 tabs...and the browser crashed hard and made my laptop lag so badly after the crash, I had to force it to shut down. Fun times. Laughing
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9580/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 am
That's a lot of tabs Queen Blaze! XD

I usually have 5 open, but sometimes around 8. I try not to do more than 5 because I wind up clicking on the wrong tab, and it just feels cluttered.

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 am
Wow, 70 tabs Bo? I can't blame your browser for crashing, lol. Then again, I used to have so many tabs open when I was in school.

I currently have 13 tabs open. Usually always have my email tab open, one for facebook, one for twitter, a few random tabs for Zantarni, a random photobucket one open as I try to remember my old account, a tab for a twitch vod i was watching, a netflix tab, and a few youtube tabs.

I tend to have a bunch of tabs open of random things i look at and want to look at again later...but then I'll get annoyed at having a bunch of tabs open sometimes and close them when I realize I probably won't go back to them, lol.

Queen of the Realm
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:48 pm
13 seems to be the lucky number... I currently have 13 open tabs: one is a "restore" tab from the last time the computer rebooted without my permission Rolling Eyes, three are Amazon looking for more books to read and checking on the status of an order, one is a recipe for cranberry-date upside-down cake that I am probably not going to make for Thanksgiving, one tab is Facebook, there's a couple of random tabs and there are currently 4 tabs for Zantarni...

The number of current open applications are almost as bad: a couple tech programs for Zantarni stuff, a graphics program, email, two different browsers (only two tabs open on that other browser at the moment), and notepad...

... and it's just the morning - I haven't started working on anything yet today...
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:01 pm
I have 7 tabs open at the moment, with two being completely random googles...one about Supernatural, and the other for the spelling of xylophone. XD

And I am totally ignoring anything uni related right now...even though I should be studying for my upcoming exams. *is in total brat mode of "Don't wanna!"* Ninja
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9580/10000
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:39 am
Lady Bo 70 tabs. . .WOW!!

I currently have 6 open, I think the most I have ever had open is 10. . .usually when I am checking out newly joined members.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:07 pm
20 tabs currently open... I should probably close some.
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:17 am
Amazingly, I only have two open right now. trust me, though, I can end up with more and it turns into a nightmare clutter. It can get so bad that I have two separate browser extensions for saving my tabs so I can come back to them and some of those saves can have 30 or 40+ crammed in them. Such is the life of a doodler always looking for graphic resources on the interwebs. x_x
Tue May 26, 2020 12:23 am
17 LOL. Youtube recommendations is on a roll today
Wed May 27, 2020 1:28 pm
;o i have 59 tabs open at the moment between 2 browser windows. i probably closed out another 10 or 20 before this. Most of which consist of different mesh products on imvu that i'll be texturing, as well as bunch of real life reference pics. As well as Notepad++ which is littered with like 20 something of i's own tabs, my imvu client, photoshop, file explorer, and discord up. haven't gotten to playing rimworld yet today to add to my PCs work load xD

I get a little Tab happy xD Though I do use a nifty extension called Tabs Outliner, to keep better track of the heavy load of tabs i work with daily.
Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Currently just 1 since I'm on my phone. Though I've been known to get up to 20+ when browsing items on amazon or patterns on ravelry.
XD

I generally am between 1-3 though most days depending on if I'm looking stuff up.
Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 pm
i have a problem xD I'm back up to 78 tas between 2 windows. i think it's time to organize my links again lol. Sometimes it's hard to not just be like, "oh i like this, an this an this" aha.

*edit* whelp, down to 7 now. lol

Queen of the Realm
Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm
I currently have 19 tabs open in my browser on one computer and several tabs open in another browser on another computer (yeah, seriously multi-tasking here!) and that's just where I started today... haven't really begun to DO anything on the computer yet today (although I really need to!!)

Nice to know I'm not the only weirdo that has a gazillion tabs open at once! XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1