Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
Comfort and useability are good too! XD

True. XD I'll like it even better now with some of my personal touches in it. Yes Every time I look at it I think of OJ Simpson running from the cops though. XD It's not the same vehicle, but it looks close enough.

Awww. That all sounds so lovely except for the food poisoning part. Shocked I would love to travel! Maybe someday. I've heard so many horror stories about the food and water quality in other countries though that I'm afraid I'd be too scared to eat.

They grow up fast. Hopefully they'll still want to do things with you when they're grown. Heart

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:04 pm
Hopefully. We're expecting the youngest to disappear the moment he turns 18, though... *sigh*
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:18 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
Hopefully. We're expecting the youngest to disappear the moment he turns 18, though... *sigh*

Aww. Any particular reason, or is he just adventurous?

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 pm
He is very independent and wants to be out on his own doing things. It's just his personality.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:03 pm
I can understand that. I felt the same way at his age. Plus I wanted to be able to watch any movie I wanted. XD My mom is religious and there were lots of no-no's. I wanted to be able to decide for myself. I was a bit of a brat. eBil

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 pm
Oh, yeah... I can see where and why you'd be a little rebellious and anxious to get out on your own! We don't have those kinds of restrictions. This kid just really wants to DO stuff. I can't wait to see where he is and what he's doing in 5 years.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:38 pm
Good for him! It sounds like he's going places. Very Happy I hope all of his dreams come true. You'll have to keep me posted. Wink Heart

How are you doing? Still feeling extra tired?

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Thanks Rayven. We'll see what happens - it'll be interesting, that's for certain (I just hope he doesn't kill me with worry in his process of exploring)

I think that my fatigue was partly the crazy week or two, the extra craziness of returning from a trip, but also the pollen that is falling like snow flurries here.

It is that time of year where I would prefer to deal with actual snow instead of pollen thick enough that we can shovel (it literally gets that bad! - We're not quite to that point yet, but the daily film of yellow across the cars is definitely there).

Zukyun and I went to Clearwater beach the other day for lunch. It was quite busy, but it was absolutely gorgeous at the beach. I had forgotten just how soft and fluffy that sand is! And it was nice to get outside but away from all the pollen. It was almost worth all the traffic (it was backed up across the causeway all the way through downtown Clearwater)

How are you?? What's going on?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm
I'm glad you're feeling better. When pollen gets that thick it is a pain! We had to cut down the tree that gave us the most problems on the cars because it was dying. I guess we won't have to worry about it anymore. XD

It sounds lovely! Very Happy Except for the traffic. I don't miss traffic at all. It's been a long, long time since I've felt sand between my toes since I don't play in sandboxes anymore. XD It was nice when I went to the beach years ago. It does get into everything though, and it's hot! Our beaches here are only rocks. Grr

I'm feeling better. Very Happy I had a few rough days because I stupidly let my son get to me. I know better, but it's hard to ignore everything he says and does. Other than that, not too much. The weather has been too cold, rainy, or snowy to do too much. Our yard is so saturated with water that there's ice on top because of the water seeping out. Shocked Yesterday I involuntarily went ice skating. At least I didn't fall. XD

Oh, and my dad fell asleep in church 3 times yesterday, and had the nerve to get irritated with me for elbowing him. I told him next time I'd just let him snore out loud and embarrass himself. LOL

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:11 am
I have returned from a much needed vacation from a warm, tropical, far away place. I feel somewhat better than when we left, which is nice. But, we had to return at some point. /sigh.

Work is still.....work. The whole ER got it's butt kicked on my last shift on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be a little better on Saturday when I go back. But, I got approved for another round of vacation in September, so yay for that. They're pretty stingy when it comes to approving vacation, so I'll take it.

My Other Mother improved slightly with her memory and cognition, but where she's at now is most likely as good as she's going to get. Once again, her assisted living has not failed to impress me with their incompetence. We finally found her a board and care home today, so we'll be putting a deposit down tomorrow and will start getting her the hell out of that place.

Counseling has been going well, and hubby, myself, and our therapist discussed if we were ready to end our sessions for the time being. We're going to be thinking about it for this week before we make our decision.

Now, if I can manage to keep up with good self care, maybe things will continue to move in a positive direction.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:57 pm
Riley I'm glad that things are going better for you. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:25 pm
Rayven, the beaches where I grew up were mostly rocks too, so I understand. Clearwater Beach is really special, and the traffic getting there over the causeway wasn't horrible (I've definitely seen it be much worse).

Riley, it sounds like you had a good trip- I'm happy for you. When it's time to leave from a vacation and return to normal life is when I usually feel like I want just another couple of days to vacation and relax...

I'm still dealing with pollen. I'm so over it right now... *grumbles* stupid southern trees and plants and pollen... why did somebody (*glares at Zukyun*) have to live down here? ... I never had allergies until several years after I moved here. *sigh*

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
I never had allergies until several years after I moved here. *sigh*

Allergies are such a pain. I've had them since at least 1st grade. That's when my sinuses starting acting up really bad. I drove my teacher nuts that year. XD

Queen of the Realm
The Stalker Queen o_0
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah, they are a pain. I'm feeling it more today so far than yesterday, but that's probably partially due to activity and dietary choices made yesterday... which, I think, also impacted my sleep, which also isn't helping things this morning... *sigh*

So, good morning.

If I didn't have to chauffeur a child to his classes at the college, I'd probably still be sleeping. But I'm awake, so... I'll be back after my stint as chauffeur (in case anyone wants to chat) - got stuff to do 'round here! XD Ninja

*saunters off to get a shower and more coffee*
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm
Things are starting to bloom where I live. I'm already starting to feel the evil pollen. And my olive trees are going to be the thing that does me in when they start blooming. Joy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 11 of 24