Rayven's Nest-40k to 1st poster on pg. 400!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 361, 362, 363  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm
Thanks.

Well hubs said this is the one place that seems to have con-grated all the bad in Ohio. Because it's the lowest cost apartment. And our manager not doing her job doesn't help with that. That's because yesterday 4 cops and a cop dog were out here and the dog was barking. I'm thinking they were looking for someone.

Aww poor Bob.

Well seems things might be going bad for my son with family and hubs offered to let him stay with us if he can get money to come down here. But I haven't spoken to him. He's shut down during stress so that's understandable. I have a feeling he might turn things around for himself cause he's that way. So I need to pull myself out of this depression. Otherwise my daughter drove in the snow for the first time and hates it. LOL she's so not used to it and keeps forgetting she lives in Wisconsin so she kinda needs to get used to it. And mentioned moving to Minnesota and I had to remind her about their amazing snow.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:12 pm
You're welcome. Very Happy

They probably were. I wouldn't want to be that person. Shocked

I guess so. I kind of thought he wasn't using his brain. I would never purposely sleep next to anything gross. XD

I hope things get better for your son, and you. *hugs* Uh oh. XD I've never minded it, but it does take a little getting used to. She'll learn. I hope. LOL Some people never do. A lot of people can't even drive in the rain. Rolling Eyes Maybe she should move to Florida instead. XD

Only 10 more pages until I had out the prize! Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm
I hope things get better for my son as well. Nothing about the situation makes sense at all. I still can't figure out how people are so cruel to someone and just to get back at someone else who isn't there. I do think that all the stuff he's being put through is because of me. My mom can't get at me and I'm not there so she's taking things out on him. Even she admitted to my daughter that she wouldn't do anything to her that she's doing to my son. I don't think I will ever understand that.

My daughter did say she liked it in Flordia when she went with family for a vacation. But I don't know if she could handle everything it brings with it. The weather she wouldn't really appreciate for sure. And she needs money to move and .... well she lost a good job again and not fully sure why.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm
That's just messed up. Sad

I've never been to Florida. No offense to Queen Blaze, but it's not on my bucket list. XD Scotland is on my bucket list. Very Happy Egypt used to be, but it's not very safe to travel there. Hopefully she'll find a new one.

We finally got all of the Christmas stuff taken down, and the tree is now in the woods. LOL I'm liking the spare room we have now. Mom had the Christmas up so long that I forgot what the living room looked like without it. XD

Established Citizen
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:22 am
It is BITTER cold here right now, and I was stupid enough to walk to the farmers' market without putting long johns under my skirt, only knee high legwarmers. I could hardly breathe by the time I got there.

Saiyouri, skunk smells a LOT better than weed. lol

Saiyouri wrote:
Tam- Oh sweet. For me with dolls or plushies that don't want to work with you, I placed smaller ones in front of them to help hold them up. Not sure if that will work for you, but it's an option. If I didn't have kitties they might sit up all the time... But I will never know that haha.

Nnno, propping them up wiht others doesn't work. LOL I don't have the right kind. Though the soft Optimus Prime is propped against a flashlight.

Rayven wrote:
Tam-Wow! You accomplished a lot! Very Happy The apartment building sounds awesome. Hmmm. Do you have a spare doll stand? You could probably make one. You're pretty crafty. Very Happy

I understand that. Yes I'm that way with the animals. I can't relax unless all of their needs have been taken care of.

We probably could, but the only thing I can think of is to see who can take down the most the quickest. I'd win. XD

I've tried making doll stands in the past, without real success. Tried buying some last week, but didn't have enough on the gift card for the shipping.

Awww.

LOL!

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Rayven- I know the feeling of 'hey there's a room here'. In the past when I removed the christmas stuff it was shocking to find more space there.
So glad I don't do that anymore.

Tam- If we ever move out of Ohio, I don't think I will know what a real skunk smells like for awhile.

Aww, dolls being not cooperative. I do hope you can find something to fix them

Ugh waking up after 6hrs of sleep from being so warm and dry that's it's starting to annoy me big time. I hate the desert in my mouth when I wake up. I can't tell if it's me or if heat is rising too much.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:17 pm
Tam-Awww. I could never wear a skirt when it's cold, but I don't wear leggings or anything under them. I don't even wear pantyhose anymore. Those things are pure torture! XD

I hope you can get some doll stands soon.

Saiyouri-Hmmm. Could be either I suppose. Maybe you could put a glass of water by your bed.

Dry air doesn't really bother me (not that I know of), but I know some people have a hard time with it.

Established Citizen
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 am
There's a skunk in this neighbourhood, so thankfully I get to smell the real thing sometimes. (I'm a weirdo, I like faint skunk, and I like the smell of tar) Weed makes me sick. Thankfully, I smell it less often since this building became a no smoking zone.

Pantyhose are evil. I don't miss them. But when I go out this week to get the TP I forgot the legging/pants are going under my skirt. We're getting minus forty below windchill tomorrow. I'm not wanting to go that day. Nope.

I just got another Monster High doll from the thrift store. She has black skin and six arms. And she stands up on her own in her boots. Steadily, too. I'm so surprised. It doesn't even matter how she's holding her arms, and she can do it with her hair in a ponytail.

I like dry winters better than humid ones, just because humid cold hurts a lot more, for me. But I am very thankful for whoever invented Vicks, because it helps me breathe.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm
Rayven- I'd need to buy bottle water to put it next to the bed. Kitties will have a field day.

Me accidentally dehydrating myself severely once screwed me over for the rest of my life with having desert mouth every morning and most days all day. Being too warm is bad for me. Hubs has offered to put in the ac's several times already and it's supposed to be this season called winter so I keep saying no. >.<

Tam- Everyone has their smells they like. I loved to smell all papers that came in the mail and of course books that I bought. Magazines even were smelled. The smell of paper always made me happy. Not sure why.

I agree with the both of you, pantyhose are evil. They always seem too tight in the tummy for me. Especially since I had kids, nothing seems to work for me in that area.

Congrats on the new doll.

Update on my son. Spoke to him yesterday. He's living in his car and I was trying to tell him positives even though the situation is bad, he isn't with my mom anymore so that is something to be happy about. He said he needs to brush up on math and lose weight to get into the navy. We both told him he can stay with us til he can get into it but he won't. So to me things are not too bad for him. He is positive considering his situation. And his father even wanted to chew out my mom with her wanting money from him still. My son told him no cause it would do nothing and she would probably destroy his stuff that is still there. I don't blame him for thinking like that. But we did talk about somethings and it did seem to go well. So that's something at least.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:57 pm
Tam-I don't like skunk or tar, but I love cigarette smoke and gasoline. I guess we're both weirdos. XD

Wow. That is cold. *shivers* I think I'd have to wear a snowsuit or something to leave the house if it was that cold here.

That's cool! Very Happy She sounds neat. I'm surprised she stands up so well too.

I've never used it. My mom and dad swear their parents would make them eat some when they were kids. Shocked I don't think that was necessary or healthy. LOL

Saiyouri-Oh yeah. They'd probably knock a glass over. XD

It's too bad you don't have central air. Then you could turn it on and off easily. We've had ours on a couple of times on really warm days this winter.

I like the smell of books too. Very Happy I really love freshly sharpened pencils and most school supplies. I'm surprised because I didn't like school. XD

I'm sorry to hear about your son. Having a homeless child is miserable. I wish he would just go stay with you. At least he has that option.

I can't take my son in, and wouldn't even if I could. I would lose my sanity with all of his problems. I'm very angry at him right now. I try to keep in mind that he has problems, but he's so abusive and he only calls when he needs something. Just last week he said I wasn't his mother, and called me all sorts of bad names. All because I didn't jump to save him from some drama he created. I've saved him a million times, but I had to put my foot down this time. None of the other times I've helped him ever count. The only thing that counts is when I say no. Today he needed something and wondered why I didn't want to go help him. My dad had to go for me which isn't fair to him. I just need a break. Crying or Very sad The other day my mom was talking about some guy on TV being proud of his daughter. I said I wouldn't know what that was like, and she said I guess you wouldn't. He's been this way his whole life, even as a kid. My mom's solution is for me to just suck it up and love him unconditionally. That makes me mad at her. I try, but he's kicked me in the teeth so many times that I'm having trouble loving him unconditionally. I can't be like my mom. I have limits. It's really not good that she doesn't, she's a human punching bag. Sorry for the rant. I guess I needed to vent.
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:21 pm
I also like the smell of gasoline.
I remember telling my mom this when I was little and she told me to stop because its not good for me. XD

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:54 pm
Rayven- I know what you mean. A parent can only do so much for their child and after awhile they can't help them unless the child is willing to help themselves. I learned that with my daughter, but she's not like your son. But I do understand how you are feeling. Your mom sounds like some of those parents who cater to the really bad kids out there who never learn to do things for themselves and the kids are never forced to take responsibility; kind like my abusive twins that I never speak about.

*hugs*

My daughter called yesterday to ask me something but since my son was with her she said she would call back later. I know she is going to ask if he can come here. I just have to tell her that hubs and I both offered him to come here. I know my son wants to do it on his own since everyone is saying he can't do anything. Even though he's proven non-stop he can do anything on his own. >.<;

Yesterday I had a nervous breakdown practically. Opened my closet door to put yarn away and smelt pot, later walked into the bathroom and bam! it was strong. Hubs and I took everything out of the closet and he is going to the head maintenance guy's home today to pick up the industrial drill to screw in this wood patch on the wall in the closet with fabric behind it to cover the opening in it better to help cover us from more smells. He even bought two air fresheners that are strong to cover the smells. Seems the neighbors who moved in next door that are doing this already had 3 reasons to be kicked out but the manager refuses to get off her fat butt to do a thing. There are two new people living with her and hubs got a bad feeling from them yesterday and they aren't even allowed to be living there. I have no idea what to think or anything. It's going to take way too long for us to save up to move out and hubs said it's fine with no car but I think we should have our own car in order to move. >.>; Monday he plans on talking to the manager and telling her what happened. I told him he should also call corporate and make sure it stays in call logs to eventually call the cops on the new people and hopefully that will help. Seems even with pot you can get kicked out of this place and the cops can't do too much unless the manager does it. And we need to have multiple reports on them in order for them to do something. So hubs really needs to call the cops way more often. The woman already lost her kid cause one woman was with her, lost her kids and the cops said cause the drugs were in the place she would lose hers as well. But for some reason they are still here..... I so want to kill people right now and I can't take this anger. Got enough to deal with; can't deal with more.

Ugh I hope hubs fixing that spot helps us with the smells a bit more coming into our home. Just need to figure out how to protect the entire living/kitchen/dining rooms from it.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:50 pm
MungoBoo wrote:
I also like the smell of gasoline.
I remember telling my mom this when I was little and she told me to stop because its not good for me. XD

My mom had to tell me too. XD I wonder how many brain cells we killed? LOL I just take some extra sniffs at the gas station. It's not close enough to do anything to me. At least I don't think so. Shocked

Saiyouri-Very true. *nods* Yeah she is. She's a really sweet person, but she doesn't realize that she's not helping. Oh? I didn't know you had twins, but I guess I wouldn't since you said you never talk about them. They must be hard to talk about.

*hugs*

I imagine his pride is getting in the way. Poor guy. At least he's trying which is more than I can say for my son. Are your son and daughter close?

Ugh! Neighbors! I'm glad ours aren't right on top of us. I wish you could move. Sad I guess all you can do is keep reporting your grievances, like you said. I hope they eventually do something.

It's so hard. Even though we had our doors and windows closed all of the time we had so many smells come into our apartment too. The neighbors had to deal with his cooking though. That couldn't have been fun for them. XD The things he cooked smelled sooo bad. I eventually got used to it, but it was hard.

Well, it's cold out, but the sun is shining! Very Happy
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 pm
no more than anyone else im sure. because yeah its not like we were smelling from it directly or (at least me lol) sitting there just huffing it in.
I almost always stayed in the car anyway.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:49 pm
Yeah, me too. I didn't know how to pump gas when I was little. XD

Did you ever hear anything about that one interview?
Page 340 of 363