33%  [ 2 ]
Yes but number 2
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 am
I can understand that. It is waaay over commercialized. Yes It helps me to stop and take a minute to remember what it's all about.

Everyone should be nice to retail workers. They don't have it easy. They're just trying to do their job, get a paycheck, and go home like the rest of us. Plus they're probably just as fed up with the store, people, and life as the customer is.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:08 pm
I try and see it for what it is meant to be...but it gets harder with each passing year. It's a Catholic/Christian holiday and so many of them are still so closed minded about a lot of issues in the world. I've always been cynical, and the older I get, the worse it becomes...especially when it comes to religion. Two of my girlfriends were raised to be Catholics like myself, one of them has the faith, but she is at least open minded enough to be willing to debate religion, be friends with people who have different beliefs to hers. If more people in the Catholic faith were like her, I'd probably still be going to church.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9460/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 pm
Did you ever consider that another denomination might suit you better? Like Baptist or Pentecostal? I grew up Baptist, but I tried Pentecostal for awhile. Baptist are too reserved for me, but Pentecostal is a little too out there for me. I also have problems with one of their beliefs. I finally decided to stick with Baptist, but really I'm just spiritual I guess. All religions have rules and things they're picky about, but we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. I know we're not supposed to, but I take the things they say that I don't agree with with a grain of sand. Basically I do what I want. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:08 am
bohemian wrote:
Sometimes people complain they are "expected to be happy" over Christmas, and this expectation annoys them. What do you feel about the "obligation to be happy"?

A little late to the question, but here's my answer.

My desire to enjoy the holidays no longer exists, and I find myself wishing the whole thing would just be over with already. But, I remember there was a time that I actually enjoyed the holidays, and I was excited for them. So, if people are excited about them, cool. I'm not, and I've learned to accept that that's okay too.

So ultimately, I think my answer is "you do you" kind of thing, and don't force your happiness on me if I'm not receptive to it.

I will say I am fortunate enough to not have people telling me to be happy around the holidays. And the people that know me well enough to know how I feel about the holidays understand and are supportive.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:34 am
I can understand why some people wouldn't like the holidays. If for no other reason, it takes a lot of money. Grr
Page 13 of 13