Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 am
Bo got to cuddle a cute baby yesterday. He is only 3 weeks old now and the parents wanted to put him in one of the tops that I got him for my visit, but they are at the moment, all too big for him. Bo plans for the future when it comes to babies. XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9320/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:24 am
That's actually a good idea. It never hurts to have a bunch of different sizes. My son was born not fitting into the newborn stuff so only a few of the things we had bought fit him and we had to go get bigger stuff. Grr I hadn't counted on having such a big baby. Sigh

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:03 am
Yeah, I tend to get clothes from 3 months and up. That way they have something after the random growth spurts. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9320/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Riley has been trying to keep her sanity. My other mother (mother-in-law) had a successful surgery to remove her cancer, and we got the report back that it's stage 1a, so that's good. We had to fight with our health care insurance to get her moved to a skilled nursing facility for a week or two post surgery, but we were told she "doesn't meet medical requirements", so they sent her back to her assisted living and set up home health visits. Two days ago, she fell, and now they put her in a skilled nursing facility for rehab. Not sure how long, I'm going to see her later today. And I'm going to tell her doctor "I told you so".

And I'm mad at my own doctor for wanting to add a new antidepressant to my other one, and not being aware of other medication interactions. There is no way I can take this new med with one of my others, and I would not have known that if I hadn't done the research before starting it.

And hubby and I started seeing a marriage counselor.

So that's what I've been doing.....and trying to keep up with NaNoWriMo word counts.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:12 pm
Bo-Yeah, they grow fast. Yes

Riley-Awww. *hugs* I'm sorry you're going through so much. Please don't forget, you can always PM me if you need to talk/vent. Heart

It's a shame they didn't listen to you about putting her in a nursing home. Perhaps she wouldn't have fallen if they had. *shakes head*

I hope you read your doctor the riot act, especially if the possible interactions are severe. I know they have a lot of patients and that they're busy, but sheesh! Grr

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:43 am
Sorry for my absence....dealing with a lot. We're now going to a lawyer for legal council regarding my mother in law's health care. Her brother, who lives out of state and flew in for Thanksgiving, was great at offering help for whatever we needed, but when we asked for help, he made excuses and hasn't helped us one bit. And now is back wherever he came from. Good.

Other mother is now wheelchair bound at the moment. We don't have the appropriate car or means to get her to appointments now. So there's that stress. And her rent increased by a lot because she now needs more care at her facility.

I'm just mentally drained and at a loss for what is actually happening at this point. At least marriage counseling seems to be going well. For now, anyway.

And I'm starting to fall apart at work. And I have no time to take off, because this is a new job and I burned what little sick time I had when my husband had surgery recently.

Anyway, I thought I'd give an update. I don't mean to focus on the negative. There's a lot more going on that I haven't mentioned. I'd like to actually be interested in things I know I like to do. Like be here.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 am
Oh Riley. Sad When it rains, it pours. I really hope things get better for you soon.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:40 pm
That's a lot of rather stressful things to deal with all at the same time, Riley. Remember to breathe and try to take care of yourself! We're here for you Heart

...one of my dogs is curled up on the couch, whining. He's either cold or lonely... Laughing

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
...one of my dogs is curled up on the couch, whining. He's either cold or lonely... Laughing

Probably lonely. He needs some Queen Blaze attention. XD Max always whines at me when he wants something. Usually it's to go outside to chase the squirrels. Rolling Eyes

Queen of the Realm
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 pm
Yeah, he was lonely. He's so silly.

... wow ... I'm suddenly quite tired. Where'd this come from, I wonder?? Confused
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 pm
I can't believe you even have to ask that. Rolling Eyes XD

Queen of the Realm
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:44 pm
LOL - What? I shouldn't have to ask about my sudden fit of fatigue? Why not? It was weird, and I think it had to do with the junk I had for lunch yesterday more than me overextending myself (which is your implication, Rayven)...

... but I'm still feeling tired today, although I slept well last night.

Shrug

How is everyone?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 pm
XD I'm glad you're feeling a little better, Queen Blaze. Junk food never makes me tired, although, I suppose I wouldn't know since I've always eaten it. LOL

I hate to complain, but I could be better. I tried to pick my son up for an appointment he had this morning, but he wasn't where he was supposed to be. He been staying with his half-brother's grandmother, but she's not home right now. More of her family live next door and they told me they thought he got arrested. Shocked Confused I have no idea. It wouldn't be the first time someone told me that and it wasn't true. However, with him it's entirely possible that he was. I'm afraid to call the police stations because if he wasn't arrested I don't want him on their radar. Sigh I don't know what to do except wait and see what happens. Even if he is in jail I guess he'll call eventually.

Queen of the Realm
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Oh, Rayven, those situations are tough - I understand, and I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, but your approach is probably the healthiest ... he'll call if he needs you, otherwise, there's little you can do without some likely adverse results.

Yeah, for the last month my usually healthy diet has not been fantastic but Black Friday weekend shopping just threw it more in to a downward spiral of convenience, so it'll take me a couple days to process and detox it all. In the meantime, I'll crave sugar / simple carbs and feel a little sapped. I'll live. Yes It is interesting to see and feel the difference, though...
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 pm
Thanks for the support, Queen Blaze. Heart I finally heard from him. He was not arrested, he's just irresponsible. He slept at another friend's house and didn't wake up in time. Rolling Eyes Grr I guess that's better than the alternative though. I don't know why people keep telling me that when it's not true. Confused

You're probably right. I did feel better when I was thinner, not that I ate better. I just ate a lot less of everything even the bad stuff. XD I think I attribute not feeling as well to extra pounds and lack of exercise, but my diet probably helped too. I exercised so much back then I felt like I could jump to the moon. LOL I'm sure you'll have no problem getting back on track. Very Happy
Page 6 of 8