Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:02 pm
LOL. Heart

So what's going on guys?

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:25 pm
I woke up around 4am yesterday and gave serious consideration to going to the ER because my body decided that it was a great time to have a major flare up that bordered on the verge of a complete system shutdown. Breathing hurt, moving hurt, basically everything hurt. But I know whatever they give me that is stronger than what I normally take might take the edge off the pain, my head would end up in a very nasty place and that will take me longer to recover from. And I can't risk losing my mind to drugs in exam season. Sigh

But other than that, I am awesome!

Ok, ok, Wednesday seemed to be bleeding terrible for my immediate family, full of doctor appointments and car issues. Good thing I missed out on uni. Rolling Eyes Sigh thunk
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9320/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:47 pm
That... does not sound like fun. Are you feeling any better now??
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:41 am
I'm...getting there. Slowly. I typically downplay how bad I am in the pain department, because I can tolerate it better than most, and unfortunately, I know how people with chronic pain, especially women, are treated when it comes to going to the ER for help. It sucks really, but while they can obviously give me something stronger to cope with the pain, the side effects of what it does to my head does not outweigh the benefits.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9320/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 am
I'm glad you're starting to feel better, Bo, and that you could make a decision that is probably better for you in the long-term.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:19 pm
I hope you're feeling better Bo. *hugs*

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:21 am
Sigh Still getting there guys. One thing that I am looking forward to though, is visiting my friend and his wife and finally getting cuddles from their son on Wednesday. Yes

Was supposed to be going north today, however, due to I'm assuming my sister's car issues and her health issues, we didn't go. Now, I seriously doubt that we will be going anywhere until probably next Thursday because there are so many damn fires up there, almost all the way along the route we take. Plus today part of the highway was closed due to these fires.

Annnnnnnnd to the south, there is a mountain pass that is now closed due to snowfall. And we have strong winds which isn't helping with all the fire fronts the fire fighters have to deal with. Some are verging on the catastrophic level too, so fun times all around. Sigh
9320/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 pm
Wow! Fires and snow?! Shocked That sounds very chaotic. Sad

Queen of the Realm
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:34 pm
Wow... surrounded by extremes much Bo?! Well, I hope you're safe, and that all the chaos around you will settle down soon.

So.... Zantarni-related question: What does "Edingtol" mean to you? That name only appears at the introductions forum (the Gates) and has been incorporated in to storylines told by Meldrick, etc., but is otherwise unreferenced through the site (unless I'm just forgetting something in my semi-caffeinated haze). So... do you like it? Is it essential to the storyline/world across Zantarni? I'm trying to figure out whether I should incorporate it more for consistency, or get rid of it because it's confusing, and figured I'd ask you guys what your take on the name and reference was...

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 pm
Hmmm. I feel like it's a town, the town we live in, in the world of Zantarni. Personally, I like it, and it's been around so long that I would like to keep it. However, if I'm the only one that feels that way, I'll live if you decide to get rid of it. Also, Edingtol Gate is where new people come through. It's not as active as it used to be, but it's still a neat idea.

Queen of the Realm
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Thank you Rayven. That is what it is, but that's the stories that came later, to explain the inconsistency of having it to begin with...

I've kept the Gates - just slightly tweaked the naming Wink I wouldn't obliterate them completely! No

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:24 am
Thanks Queen Blaze. Heart

Queen of the Realm
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks for your feedback, Rayven. It's just one of the things that has always bugged me -that apparent inconsistency with that name showing up- but as one of the Knights suggested, it could have been part of (original owner/creator) Tom's long-term plan for the site that he never explained. Or it could be random. I, for one, have pretty much been here since the beginning of Zantarni, and other than the stories that you mentioned, never knew (or understood) where "Edingtol" came from. It was just time to re-evaluate.

SO - what's new, guys - other than the forum restructuring (which I hope you're adjusting to)??

It's a beautiful cool Sunday morning in Florida, and although I do have some work to finish up here, I'm trying to decide what to do with myself and this beautiful weather! What should I do? Go for a hike? Go to the beach? Kayaking? Horseback riding? Grab a friend and go shopping? Hang out in a hammock on the lanai reading a book and watching the birds? ...
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:33 pm
I'm feeling a hell of a lot better, however just feeling a tad concerned about the next few days, particularly Tuesday, as the region that I live in (not just my region either, I think it covers 90% of the god damned state) has been issued a total fire ban due to predicted catastrophic fire levels.

I am just hoping like hell that my parents and I can head north on Thursday. But I am keeping a very close eye on the fires near me app, not to mention the Facebook pages of the rural firefighting, Nsw incident alerts, Nsw live traffic and I think the Nsw highway patrol. I'd rather us be safe than sorry. And obviously my parents feel the same way.
9320/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:17 pm
There's no reason to risk yourself intentionally when even trying to "behave" carries it's own risk of danger! I wish you luck and safety, Bo. (which reminds me - did I move the "check in/safety" thread?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6217, 6218, 6219 ... 6224, 6225, 6226  Next
Page 6218 of 6226