Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 325, 326, 327  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 pm
Maybe the raccoons were keeping warm from the winds lol.

Well it seems our bed will be here by the 5th instead. Which is more than fine with me. The sooner the better. At least I will be off the floor which is all that matters right now to me.

In our apartment building trick or treating isn't allowed. So it's nice and quiet here.

I hate daylight savings. I read that on the 2nd it starts. So I figured it was when it turned the 2nd. Well I'm off by a day. At least everything is already set for when that stupid thing does hit. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Maybe. XD

Cool. That's just a few more days.

Really?! That's so weird. I've never heard of that before, but you keep saying Ohio is weird. XD

Thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot! Embarassed I don't mind it when we gain an hour, but I don't like losing an hour. Hopefully they'll stop Daylight Savings Time eventually. I know some places have. I'm not sure they'll ever want to stop here because of the farmers. Grr I guess I'll be changing clocks later, or in the morning.

They're having a chili cook-off at my mom's church tonight. They have it every year. She usually wins, but she claims it embarrasses her. *snickers* Last Sunday, during the sermon, the preacher said that in the several years he'd been there that mom had either won or been in the top three. Apparently she was mortified. I wish I had been there. XD

Long-term Citizen
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 pm
Ya Ohio does things really differently. Even people out here don't make sense.

I know that daylight was because of farmers a long time ago but now a days, I don't know if it's really needed since some do go out after dark to work still. Saw that in Wisconsin a couple times after it was getting dark. But it really isn't healthy for the hours lost or gained with peoples sleep. It seems Ohio is thinking of getting rid of it. There is a bill they are looking into passing. In March next year they will decide if getting rid of daylight is a yes or no. Just read about that a couple days ago.

Aww I guess she didn't want to be pointed out in front of others. I don't blame her for that. I'd be embarrassed as well. But I'm glad she does so good in a chili cook off. That's great to hear.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Yeah, I don't think it's really necessary either, but I'm not a farmer. XD

I hope the bill passes. I wish they'd put one up for a vote here.

I know, but she should be proud too. I guess she is. She won again! XD She asked me last night why I think she keeps on winning. I told her I guess they really like her chili. Apparently she thinks there's some conspiracy. Rolling Eyes Laughing I don't think there is because I went last year, and everyone else's chili was either awful or barely edible. I might make mine next year, but I don't want to compete against mom.

Did the time change mess with you this morning? I woke up at 7 because my body thought it was 8. XD

Long-term Citizen
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 pm
I guess you mom assumes other people would have decent tasting food. If others are horrible, that does sound weird. Didn't think there would be so many bad cooks that enter a contest. >.< Congrats to your mom for winning.

I don't even know if the time changed messed me up. I know the day before yesterday I thought it was the change but it wasn't. I think I more ignored it than anything else.

Seems like that we have two 50 days coming up. Today is one of them. Ugh and I'm still working on getting the temp perfect and now we got a heat wave. LOl that's so sad that I can actually say that.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:57 pm
Thanks. I'll tell her you said so. Yeah, it is kind of weird. I mean, I'm a picky eater, but you'd think someone besides my mom would be able to cook. XD Do you like to cook?

That's good that you could ignore it.

XD The weather is still unstable right now. It's been cold in the morning, but by the afternoon it's hot in the house. Grr

I gave Max a bath yesterday. He didn't appreciate it. XD I forgot how white the white on him could be.

Long-term Citizen
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Wow, didn't even notice a post here. I thought I'd check since I didn't get an email. Whoops.

I used to love to cook. I started at 13 and stopped because my ex and kids after awhile wouldn't eat what I made and that hurt me since I knew I was good at it. Now I'm nervous as heck to cook for hubs. He said he'd like me to cook for him but I need to take time til the freak outs go away and then I can again. Just wish hubs had taste buds cause then he could taste everything I could make. But sadly since he was a child they were kinda dead already.

I know what you mean about the weather. It's about 40 outside tops and it's about 74 in the house. And seems the heaters were turned on a couple days ago tops and when you open a window, it's freezing cause of how cold it is outside. We are working on still regulating the temps in here. Still working out the kinks. I should check to see if the heater is turned on in here and that it didn't get accidentally bumped and turned on.

I can imagine how hard it could be to give a dog a bath. Kitties I shower with them so I can hold them while I wash them. A dog would be way harder to do something like that lol.

We got the bed in the mail yesterday and it looks nice. Heck Zinus is a great smart company. The way they packaged the frame is smart. They had every piece in the headboard sealed behind a zipper. And plastic wrapped styrofoam. It does feel nice to have a bed again. I just need to have it moved. Last night my brain flipped out. My brain kept on saying I was in a different place with hubs from my past with my ex and I kept on telling myself his name over and over again and had to touch his skin in order to fall asleep. I gotta wait til hubs wakes up to talk to him about it and explain everything that happened for us to move it. Panic is still in, woke up and shot out of bed with no thought in my head but I knew after I left the room why I felt like that >.<; Ugh I really need to try to calm down I really hate feeling like this.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 pm
That's ok. I didn't post anything yesterday. I have no excuse, I just didn't feel like it when I had the time. Embarassed

Awww. I've never liked to cook. XD Well if he can't taste it you should definitely cook for him! He'll never complain. XD

Yeah. Sometimes we forget to turn them off until it's so hot in here it's obvious. This morning it was cold and windy. I tried to make Max hurry up and go outside because I was freezing, but he likes to take his time going out the door so he can sneak up on the squirrels. Rolling Eyes Next week it's supposed to be in the teens! It never gets that cold this early. I guess that's what I get for complaining we weren't getting good enough winters. XD

You are so brave! I'd be scared to death they'd claw me to death while I had no clothes on. XD I rarely ever bathe cats, but when I have, I bathed them in the sink and put a towel in the bottom so they had something to grab onto. I read somewhere that doing that helps. Max isn't too bad. I've had dogs that really, really hated taking a bath.

I'm glad you got the bed. Surely moving it won't be a problem, especially once you explain why.

Long-term Citizen
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm
Seems the emails was going into spam... I hate gmail right now.

Hubs would complain he can't taste it. We just had that happen when he made a simple recipe I taught my son to make. See for some reason hubs can taste when ranch dressing is on it. He tastes something. I don't mind that. We talked about his taste and seems he wasn't given fresh foods as a kid, like fully cooked meals as a child that weren't all grease. His sugar was limited though for cerals I guess. But he recalls only certain foods he told his mom he liked and that is all she ever made. And he made a small comment on others in his family have bad taste buds. >.< I had to explain that isn't normal. So me cooking is still up in the air. We have no idea if I should. He wants me to but we need to talk more about it. He is trying with recipes I found for a book I made him.

I told him recipes that have flavor but one I don't think he'd like. Wayyyyyy to much sugar LOL. Black Forest Crepes. That was amazing stuff but sweet as heck. Could wake up the dead with the sugar in it. And it was a supper dish I would make LOL. Best mom ever. One night I gave the kids cake for the meal and then the actual dish I made for their dessert. They loved it. Of course my son was like 2 and his sister 1 but they still loved it LOL.

We got snow o.0 I saw that the weather app said it would snow, but what I learned, don't ever listen to what the app says. It's Ohio after all. But we got it. And should be in the high 30s today. Hubs better not be getting sick. I will get sick and then I can stare at a wall hating my life til I can see with glasses on and actually accomplish something.

The kitties are really good in the shower. Sometimes yes they try to climb you, but that depends on who it is and what you are doing. Like getting soap to wash them, it's a bit of a climbing job for them cause they feel they will fall out of my arms since I'm holding them with one arm mostly.

What the heck is up with my eyes. I just lost vision pretty much, things got blurry. Great now to have a talk with my eyes on how to behave properly....

He moved it immediately after getting up. Was awake for like 10mins tops while explaining what happened and he went and moved it. Later that night he said he felt the room was perfect now after moving it. And so far it felt fine. No bad thoughts or anything. Just wished I knew what happened with the positioning of stuff before we moved the bed. Nothing makes sense to me. Like not sure what could of triggered it. There is one thought, like maybe it was because again we were homeless in a sense again and it's almost christmas right now and that happened at the same time. >.< If that's the case, I hate how my brain works. Just wished she'd stop remembering things.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:10 pm
I never could get that to work for me. I just keep an eye on the threads.

No, that's not normal, but I guess it happens. Especially if someone has no sense of smell. Can he smell?

XD It sounds good. We use a lot of sugar around here. Embarassed Nothing wrong with having dessert first as long as you still eat your meal. Very Happy

Wow! I can't wait to get some. I'm wishing for a white Christmas this year. Very Happy Awww. I hope you don't get sick. Is he feeling bad?

That's good. I don't think I've ever had a cat that would put up with that. I had a great dane that loved to take baths though. He'd even raise up his long legs so I could wash his undercarriage. XD

Hmmm. That's not good. I hope they clear up.

I'm glad you got it moved and that it helped. I liked to rearrange my room pretty often when I was a kid. It just felt good to get a different perspective sometimes I guess. I even changed which bedroom was mine several times. Our house has four bedrooms and I've tried every one of them. My dad hated it because he'd have to move the big stuff. XD

Long-term Citizen
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Hubs sense of smell started to get less while growing up. I know he mentioned that the older he got it was like a non stop stuffy nose and the doctor told him he has a smaller nasal passage. He can smell but not like me. Small scents I can notice right away but for him it has to be strong or in his face.

Hubs cold has gotten worse. Last night before bed you could hear it. He wanted to sleep in this morning because it would hit him harder today. I just don't know how much it has until he gets up. But at least it's a cold so it's not too bad.

Our snow melted fast around noon. Stupid 30 temps.

I love it when the kitties hug me in the shower. It's so cute and nice.

My eyes might be feeling the effects of not wearing my glasses for a few days since I was working on a plastic canvas project and refuse to wear my glasses during that time because in the past I noticed they would get dirty from me using yarn.

LOL. Well at least you were testing out each room to see what fit better. Hubs and I did that before. The bigger room is the room we went with instead of the room that is the entertainment room. It's a bit bigger but neither of us felt the entertainment room felt right for a bedroom.

I hope I can figure out for sure if the slight back pain I feel is either gas or I did something to it. It's annoying more than painful.

Established Citizen
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 pm
Snow here, blizzard. After being a RAINY day yesterday. Church got cancelled.

My back's hurting too. I've spent this week packing up the entire apartment and moving everything two foot away from the walls for a bedbug spraying that never happened. And then I lost my poop. *splats face down and conks out*

Ugh, the Zanto Ranch is gone.

I'm not sure how to describe pink salt flavour. It's just a little bit... fuller? than normal salt.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:22 pm
Saiyouri-I see. That's probably the biggest reason he can't taste. My mom said her old therapist can't smell or taste. I have a little trouble with my smeller sometimes, but I can't taste good enough. I suspect if I ever quit smoking I could taste even better.

Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon.

Yeah that's fast. Ours never even accumulated, it was just flurries.

Awww, that is cute. Very Happy

Oh, that would make a difference.

Yeah. XD All the rooms are taken up now so I'm stuck with the one I've got. A big bedroom is nice. I wish mine was bigger, especially since I have too much stuff. Embarassed

I hate it when that happens. Any kind of discomfort that just gnaws away in the background.

Tam-Sorry church got cancelled. Sorry you're having crazy weather.

Oh no! They never came?

Well we can ask to have it reinstated if I can find a link to it.

Hmmm. And it's prettier I'm sure. Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
Ugh, the Zanto Ranch is gone.

It's in the Archives, Pubs & Clubs. I didn't move it because I thought you guys might like to restart it... so let me know if you do, or if you'd prefer I move it.

Long-term Citizen
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Tam- Wow lucky for how much snow you got.
*hugs* I hope they actually come for the spraying.

Rayven- Well it seems hubs saw doctors when he was in his teens about not really smelling and no one said a thing just try different things. Seems as a child he couldn't blow his nose and I told him that could be a reason for him not really smelling. I just wished people took more of an interest in a child having issues and doctors actually did their job but this is Ohio so that is asking for too much.

No idea how hubs feels this morning. He might actually shower today to help clear up his sinus' a bit. Hopefully he does since everything I try to suggest never is something he'd do since his body is kinda stupid.

Bigger rooms are nice. Wished our dining room area was bigger so we could organize things way better. We have the table sticking out into the walkway a bit but with the couch being where it is we have a good amount of walkway. Just wished it was bigger. >.< And hubs mentions how much he hates our kitchen LOL small to him.

Well it seems my back is better. I sat differently yesterday and seems to of helped a bit. Now to try to keep that up to fix whatever is going on back there.

Hubs might want me to make a garland for our tree out of plastic canvas. A great way to use up the small scraps that I have been collecting for awhile now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 325, 326, 327  Next
Page 326 of 327