Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:30 pm
Rayven- My daughter is a massive tomboy. She's 19 and wore her first dress on her own. I think I bought some for her as a lil kid. She hates them with a burning passion lol.

We have bad air quality here. We had air quality warnings this year, 2 so far because the pollution was worse than normal and people with breathing issues were warned to not go out because of it. Hubs barley opens the balcony door but one night he did it twice and then Zell started to sneeze immediately. His lil brown nose now looks pink and one eye is watery. He even rubs his nose hard a few times before he sneezes. I had hubs hide all clothing and his backpack that were outside and shower. I'm going to see if that helps Zell from sneezing. So far he's doing good.

Night... She's harder to figure out. She recently started to spit up a couple times a day. We are going to clean the kitty water dish today. Last night hubs wiped down the wall I cleaned with water. A maintenance man hubs is friends with gave him the cleaner they use to clean apartments here. It does work great but Night has been spending lots of time where I cleaned the wall and we just cleaned the wall in case there is residue that is bugging her lil tum tum. Now to wait a couple of days to see if it works.

We even are keeping the air cooler in the living room to see if the heat is bugging her tummy. It's pretty cool in there but it might help Night since she does have a issue with the heat.

We have no idea how to find out if my son is coming. I told him about furniture we have for him as a way to see what he responds to it. But he doesn't always respond to texts right away. So I just have to wait and see what he says when he does respond to it.

I can't wait for the summer to go. I really hate it. >.>

Maybe your mom heard the tv in her sleep. Poor thing seems to be really tired.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 pm
Saiyouri-Awww. XD I can understand that. My Mom used to drive me nuts dressing me up when I was little. She put curlers in my hair and everything. I'd fuss the whole time. But turn the camera on and I'd pose like a supermodel. XD

Poor little guy! I bet it's kind of cute though. XD

I hope it works. Has she been going to the bathroom ok?

I don't want it to leave. Lol Although, I do love fall.

I think so. She went back on some medicine that makes her sleepy. She always does weird stuff in her sleep when she's on certain medications.

Long-term Citizen
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 pm
Rayven- >.> Night is wheezing and seems to be doing reverse sneezing. I read up on it. It could be a few things including asthma. We are trying to figure out what to do. We can't afford a vet visit at the moment since we can't put money down at all and some places here in Ohio refuse to give you your pet back if you don't give them money....

Zell is doing better. Less sneezing. And now Night. She is drinking water and might be going to the bathroom. It's hard to tell with a cat. But she is active and friendly. Hubs is trying to help figure this out while my brain is all over the place.

We might of found a air purfier for the house. I found some things to help me quit smoking. But we can't afford any of it at the moment. Have to wait til next month to do this. I swear Night is a butt at times.

Night thankfully stopped spitting up so that's a plus. Now to fix the rest. We even found a water filter to help make sure the water is cleaner for the kitties.

My mind is so all over the place. And yesterday I had a bad day. Realized that my daughter talking about her fahter's new wife's pregnancy triggered me and I started to see my ex on my hubs ... So now I have to try to talk to my daughter about how bad things were with her father to make her understand that her talking good about them is bad for my mental health. She knows how abusive and she's stated how controlling he is now. But I don't know if she fully realizes things. This talk isn't easy for me since I don't think she will care or anything good will come out of it. I have a bad feeling that it's not even worth the talk even though I know it's what needs to be done. I swear PTSD/Stockholm are the worst things in this world.

I understand about your mom. Meds can do some weird/bad things to people. Glad that it doesn't seem too bad for her.

Sorry for the rantish. My head is all over the place and I'm so stressed at the moment. I don't know my head from a hole in the ground lol. >.>; I do plan on trying to take things easy and stay as calm as possible. Hopefully hubs can figure somethings out to help my head calm down and stop yelling so badly.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Saiyouri-Hopefully she gets better, or at least doesn't get worse until you can take her to the vet. Sometimes these lovely little brats can be expensive. Sigh

I'm glad Zell is doing better. Very Happy If she's acting alright she probably isn't too sick. Although, some of them will surprise you. Animals are pretty tough, and, in general, they're not complainers. My last dog reverse sneezed all the time. It was embarrassing when I'd take him out in public. People gave me funny looks like it was somehow my fault. Shocked

I need to quit too. Embarassed Oh how I wish I never started!

That's good. She's probably feeling better then.

I totally understand. Hopefully your daughter will quit bringing him up. My son loooves to throw my exes in my face. Mad Rolling Eyes He doesn't seem to care even though it's a huge trigger for me too. I guess what counts is that we're safe now.

Long-term Citizen
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am
Rayven- Well Night meowed 3x yesterday and that was after a couple days of no sounds. Her one lil eye is bugging her. Like watering but she's way better otherwise. We are working on finishing up everything to help her. Gonna try to figure out what else we can do to help her horrible allergies. >.>

We quit but hubs bought vape supplies for us so we can do that instead of actual cigs. I tried a nicorette lozenge but it kinda burned and I got a 2mg. I am not sure if using that stuff might be ok if I could feel burning. So vaping and slowly working down from that might be my best option to fully quit.

Being safe is what should count. Though my head is kinda gone most the time so I'm guessing. >.<
I think my daughter fully understands a bit more now. She is messed up in her head because the normal reaction from abused kids. Desperate to seek approval from the parent. I know that once she moves on her own and actually cuts ties with that family she will improve alot and understand more. It helped big with me and I'm still slowly trying to work past things. My son on the other hand might be harder since he got the worse part of the abuse.

Though hubs called him yesterday and seems my son is moving out here. He gets his license Dec 28 but he won't move til a bit past that to make sure he has the money for an apartment. We got 2 open apartments on our floor and he might be able to get in right away or stay with us for a bit to get the place. Hubs should talk to the manager Monday. He's friends with her so she might give him the full info on how to apply for the apartment for my son. This way he can get everything all set.

Symphony might be feeling the stress from the last few days. She's meowing way more often but also rolling around like she's in special kitty time. I'm wondering if it's a mix of them both. Poor thing. I really hope we can finish everything up today and then finally just stare at a wall and enjoy it.

How are things with you and your family?

Established Citizen
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 pm
*sleeping with face on the table in the corner*

Weird: ... *Tam is strange*

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi Tam. How are you feeling?

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:48 pm
Saiyouri-I wonder if cats can have benadryl. Dogs can, but I don't know about cats. Dogs get 1 mg per pound. You could call the vet and ask them I guess, but it might be hard to get a pill down a cat anyway. I'm sure she would need only a portion of a pill so maybe you could sneak it into some food.

I've always wanted to try the vaping, but it's kind of expensive to get started. Plus I doubt I'd ever be able to quit that either. I'd just be trading one habit for another, but at least vaping isn't quite as bad for our health.

I think most of us carry scars. The best we can hope for it to get better, and to not let them rule our lives.

It's a good thing you have a little time to prepare.

Well at least kitty time doesn't last forever so she should feel better from that soon.

We're doing ok. No news is good news I guess. XD My Grandma is driving everybody nuts, but there's not much we can do about that. She's always been terribly narcissistic, but now that she's gotten old, she's using her age to get more attention and work out of everyone. Grr Plus she's mad that no one wants her to come live with them, and that she's going to have to go in a home soon. She won't admit that that's what's bothering her, but it is. She's hinted around at it often enough. I'm just over the whole mess. Rolling Eyes

Tam-XD *makes bunny ears over Tam's head and takes a picture, giggling the whole time*

Defender of the Realm
a.k.a. The Traipsing Knight
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:04 pm
The easiest way to dose a cat is to syringe liquid Benadryl, says Faught. But many cats will simply refuse to take it if they don't like the odor or taste. ... Faught says his office doses Benadryl at about one milligram per pound. For an average sized cat, you'll probably want to give half of a 25-milligram tablet. . .seems they recommend using liquid benadryl and a syringe.

Long-term Citizen
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Rayven- We got a true hepa filter air purifier and it cost us about $60 and it's helped Night so much. We plan on getting one for our bedroom so it covers both sides of the apartment and we should be really good. She has lil issues like a sneeze here and there but that's it.

I have no idea how much hubs spent on our vape stuff. I'll be making us cost so much since I'm using mine so darn much with nic fits. Each day has been different for me. Today I want to declutter things and organize things to help my brain calm but I can't do somethings. Like make sure my clothes hanging in the closet can be seen but I can't since there is not much room to work with and have no idea where to fold and place them but the shelf that has all my craft stuff on it. And the furniture that we are saving for my son... I know he said he's moving here maybe about January but for me at times I can't handle it sitting in the apartment waiting to be moved. That will drive me nuts. But I'm going to try to see if I can do enough to calm myself.

Wow, I hope stress isn't too bad with your grandma. I wish you and your family alot of luck to handle it.

Sir Scarz- I never heard that before. I might look into it if things get bad again.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Scarz wrote:
The easiest way to dose a cat is to syringe liquid Benadryl, says Faught. But many cats will simply refuse to take it if they don't like the odor or taste. ... Faught says his office doses Benadryl at about one milligram per pound. For an average sized cat, you'll probably want to give half of a 25-milligram tablet. . .seems they recommend using liquid benadryl and a syringe.

Thanks for the info Sir Scarz. Very Happy I don't think I'm brave enough to use liquid again though. That last time I tried liquid was on Chase. He needed Pepto Bismol. Let's just say it was raining pink liquid. XD It was everywhere but in him. Every time I thought I had found all of the pink spots, I'd find more somewhere, usually on the walls. Laughing Perhaps a cat would be better at it.

Saiyouri-That's awesome. I'm glad things worked out. Very Happy

I've heard vaping is cheaper after the initial startup costs. Awww. I hope you feel better, and can find a way to relax. Maybe take a long bath? That always helps me.

Thanks. We're handling it alright I guess. At least until she calls. XD I don't mean to sound like we just don't want to take care of our elders, it's just that Grandma has always been a pain, and she's getting worse. For example, she can't do anything for herself, but she feels like going to the boat to go gambling. Confused Rolling Eyes Makes no sense. If she feels good enough to do that, she should be able to handle some simple things on her own. She's taking advantage of everyone. Also, if you don't give her everything she wants, and kiss her bum, you're worthless to her. She can hold a grudge for forever too.

Are you dealing with the heat alright?

Long-term Citizen
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm
Rayven- I think we figured out what's going on with me. Low estrogen. I have all the symptoms. Plus flipping out yesterday kinda gave that away. Hubs said that when his mom goes to her cruise we can use her car that we will get me an appointment to check my levels.

Ah I know someone like that way to well. My own 'mother' is pretty much like that. I have nothing to do with her at all.

We have low heat. It's not too bad.

Ugh my head is gone. I hate this so much. I hope we can get those tests and the doctors actually help me with this to help me even out my stupid hormone levels. Sorry if I might never make sense for awhile. I think my brain took a vacation and most of it went and won't hurry up and come back. >.> I hope you are doing way better than me at this point lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:22 pm
Saiyouri-That's a good idea. Do you know when she's going? By the way, how is she?

I can't blame you then. My Mom will never do that, unfortunately.

That's good. Very Happy

XD I guess I am in that area, but maybe not others. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.

I gave Max a sedative before he went to the vet yesterday. He does so bad at the vet they said I should try it. I'm not sure if I'll give him one next time though. He got very irritable and aggressive. He's normally not like that. I guess he was tired and maybe didn't feel the best, but I still don't want to worry about him being mean. He did do slightly better at the vet with it in his system, but when he got home he was a crab! I'm not sure what to do next time. thunk

Long-term Citizen
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:18 pm
Rayven- She's going around the middle of the month if I'm right and she's doing well. She hasn't complained about anything. Just said her doctor told her to go on the cruise. I guess to take time and relax.

I'm sorry your mom won't stop talking to your grandma. It's understandable that most people don't do that. I can easily cut people like my 'mom' out of my life because I grew up with them being so toxic since I was a little child and she's done things that no child can forgive a parent for.

I reformatted my computer last night. With all the stuff going on, getting a free $300 kitchen cart and the kitties and then my peri-menopause kicking in early lol I couldn't handle not being able to control things. We are keeping 3 pieces of furniture for my son when he moves here and some lil things that I shoved into the cabinets for him. And having that furniture around, even though it's placed in our bedroom out of the way to make it look like it's part of the decor my brain just snapped and I in a sense lost it. And reformatting actually helped alot. Weird that I had to go that far and that route to fix most my brain problems, but at least I did something that calmed my brain down a decent amount.

Wow, can you talk to the vet and ask him how to maybe handle Max? There has to be someone that can help you figure out how to calm that poor boy.

OH the girls are 2 today!!!! Everyone now had their birthday. And when we get a fourth, hubs wants their birthday to land around the 12-15th lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Saiyouri-Good for her. I hope she has a great time. Very Happy

It's ok. I don't really expect her to go that far, but it would be nice if she'd stand up for herself/us. I can definitely understand that.

I'm glad it helped. I think mundane tasks are good for calming us down. If I'm really upset doing something repetitive or physical really helps. I can clean house so fast and hard if I'm mad. XD

Yeah, I guess I have to before he has to go again. I sure hope so.

XD Happy Birthday to the girls! It will be easier to remember that way. Lol
Page 314 of 327