The Zanto Ranch ~ Post and Click Your Zani Pets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs [Nov.'19]

Zantos or Gryffes?
Zantos
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Gryffes
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Both!
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Plants
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Pet Rocks!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 pm
It's so calming and peaceful to feed animals! Well, most of the time. One of my dogs always acts like she's starving when it's mealtime--though I guess I should just be happy that she's excited to eat!

We have three dogs: a Queensland heeler, a golden retriever in her golden years, and a lab/terrier mix who often tests my patience but is truly a good dog.

Sadly, most of the wildlife around here is either venomous, carnivorous, or simply scared of humans. I've seen videos of people feeding deer in their backyard and would love to have those kinds of Disney Princess moments. xD

Established Citizen
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 pm
No heart problems that I know of.

I've never been an animal feeder, except for domestic critters like chickens and cows sometimes. But then I grew up in the bush, and I learned early that if you feed a wild critter you can really mess up its, and your, life. I never needed to feed them to have their company though, because of that odd thing my family has.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:59 pm
Praedyth-Yes it is. Very Happy I thoroughly enjoy taking care of animals. Yes you should. XD I've had a few picky eaters and that's no fun at all.

Awww. They sound lovely. Very Happy I can understand that. Max tries to test my patience too, but I'm just so thrilled to have him even if he is ornery. My last dog died unexpectedly so I'm just grateful to have a healthy dog.

A Disney princess moment would be nice. XD I don't get those very often. The critters around here usually run when they see me. We have big picture windows though so we can watch them from inside.

Tam-I'm glad that you don't. My Mom does just fine. The only time it causes a problem is when she has anything done to her teeth. They make her take an antibiotic first before they'll do anything because of her heart. I don't really understand that, but I'm not a doctor. XD

It's not for everybody. I know, but we mostly just feed the birds. Squirrels just seem to be part of the deal. XD We're also still feeding the fox. Embarassed But it's just soooo skinny and we feel sorry for it. It's still hunting though. It's killed, plucked, and eaten a couple of the birds we feed. Shocked Your family are natural Snow Whites?

Established Citizen
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 pm
Yeah, I don't understand that either. Taking antibiotics when you don't have an infection just causes trouble.

Well. I don't know about Snow Whites. The younger of my two birth brothers once talked a grouse into standing still, and then called my dad to bring the gun because he wanted soup. But animals would come and "talk" to us. Including shy things like a little tree swallow who had obviously never read any of the nature books, because he wound up tame enough to touch.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:37 pm
True. Maybe they're afraid her heart will get infected? Confused I should Google it, but I'm just too lazy right now. XD

Awww. That's nice. Very Happy You lived kind of out in the middle of nowhere right? Maybe the animals were a little less skittish too.

Established Citizen
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:23 pm
That could be it. But it's still strange.

I've done it with town animals too. Including a friend's feral cat who hated everyone but her. Kitty came out and played with me and surprised her mama much.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:07 pm
I bet it did, especially since it sounds like it happened right away and you didn't have to try to gain her trust. Very Happy

Chase finally grew! *points to the gold zantosaurus in her siggy* I think I'll keep working on these two for awhile.

Established Citizen
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 pm
Oh, I talked to her a little with body language before she came over. But just the fact that she came out and looked at me was a thing, I guess.

Yesterday I rescued a dragonfly. I wrote about it on my wall.

LOL! I know Chase grew, it happened when I clicked. Are you going to grow them all the way up? Chase would look pretty in adult form.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 pm
Yes it is. *nods*

Awww. I love dragonflies. They seem to follow me everywhere. XD That was very nice of you. Very Happy

Oh! XD I was hoping it would do it for me, but, since it wasn't me, I'm glad it was you. Very Happy I already have some that are all the way grown up so I was thinking maybe the stage right before it with the wings out to the side. Actually, I think that is the adult stage, and then the last stage is called mature. I can't remember what stage I was the gryff to grow to. I'll have to look again. I'm going to grow it for awhile though, probably at least to the 3rd stage.

What stage are you growing Nope to?

Established Citizen
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm
Dragonflies and I have a good history. And... gotta exercise the "disney princess fu". XD

Nope's going right to the end, if I last that long, Lw. Gonna be old and crabby zantosaurus. lol

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:50 pm
Yeah. XD We've had a bunch hanging out in our fish pond lately, and also in the flowerbeds. Very Happy

Better late than never. XD

Established Citizen
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:37 pm
XD Good thing your fish have moved out, and were too big for baby dragonflies to eat.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm
True. XD There's still frogs in there though. I'm assuming the frogs would eat the dragonflies if given the chance. Shocked

The neatest/saddest thing happened a couple of days ago. Dad and I were outside doing yardwork, and a wild canary landed on Dad's head! Shocked Then it left and landed on his shoulder a couple of minutes later. It was so neat, but we realized there was something wrong with it, I have no idea what. Poor thing. It was thin, it's eyes didn't look good (it may have had poor eyesight because it kept trying to eat seeds that had already been eaten), and it wasn't flying very well. Sad We didn't see it yesterday so we're afraid it didn't make it.

Established Citizen
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:43 am
Awww. Poor bird.

And no. Frogs don't eat dragonfly nymphs. But the nymphs will eat tadpoles.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:45 pm
Yeah. We never saw it again. Crying or Very sad

Oh. Shocked That's interesting. XD

We now have a raccoon hanging around too. The fox has been drinking out of Max's baby pool. XD So many critters! I love it. Very Happy

How are things going in your neck of the woods?
Page 88 of 92