Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 307, 308, 309, 310  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Tam-At least we didn't actually call each other names though. XD We just had a couple of disagreements. Very Happy

That's ok. I'm going to have one too in response/addition to yours. XD

I understand why they do it, but they need to understand why others might not appreciate it. No one likes things shoved in their face all of the time, even if they are ok with it. I don't need my Mom to constantly remind me that her favorite color is blue. I believe they feel the need to talk about it so much because there was such a stigma regarding gender, sexual preferences, and race for so long. They were treated horribly, and even murdered. They had to fight to be treated equally, to have any rights, and to be safe. I totally get all of that. They were treated badly, and I'm sure they still are sometimes. I would be angry too. I guess that's why the current climate is really upsetting me because I now feel it is going the other way. Some people are now treating conservatives badly, and trying to force us to change everything, including the foundation of what this country was built on. Just the other day a conservative reporter was brutally attacked. Some of the bullied are now becoming the bullies. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I really feel that in the 90's and early 2000's we were making progress regarding sexual orientation and race relations. It backfired and I think I know how, partly anyways. Once they were starting to become accepted, they should have probably left well enough alone. But it was never good enough or fast enough. The pushing, shoving, blackmail, and threats have now made the people who tried to change their view, or who didn't look badly on them in the first place, feel like they are being attacked. Sure, some people never will accept them, especially the older conservative generations, but they can't expect everyone to love them. I don't expect everyone to love me, and they don't. I'm ok with that. I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder because of it. I have no idea, or at least I didn't until I moved to the city and experienced racism myself, how it feels to walk in their shoes. I just try to use common sense. Sometimes you have to warm people up to an idea, and let things progress naturally. It may take generations, but I believe things would have gotten better. I still hope they will. The bottom line is that there has to be some forgiveness given on both sides for the fighting to stop.

When I worked up in the city, at the same job I mentioned before, I was friendly with another black woman there. We talked a lot, and about a whole lot of different things. When the last presidential election was going on we happened to get on the subject of politics and racism. I was very leery to talk to her about it, but she brought it up. I was determined to listen to her and just be careful with my responses. I don't remember everything that was said, but when she started talking about racism I asked her a question. I said, "Ok. If racism stopped and everyone said they're sorry to you for slavery, even though we aren't responsible for what our ancestors may or may not have done (my ancestors were poor and I highly doubt they owned slaves), would that be enough?" She cocked her head and thought for a second, and then said, "No. More would still need to be done." She didn't go into what that "more" would be, but I realized that if this is how the majority of black people feel, our troubles with race will never be over because we can never, ever make it up to them. That is incredibly sad to me. I don't go to Rome and demand they pay for treated my ancestors horribly. What difference would it make now? I'm ok. I'm in no danger of being beaten, enslaved, etc. Every race, culture, person on this planet, past and present, has made horrible mistakes. If we can never be redeemed we are truly lost. In other cultures that at least tolerated, and maybe even accepted people that were different from the majority, they all just went about their business and didn't make it a big thing. It was like, "Oh. Ok. You're different. No problem. We'll just go about our daily lives." I wish we could do that here.

There is also a huge double standard about what is allowed. I heard a customer there outside singing a song that probably came from the time of slavery and was passed down, that was about white people and it was very, very offensive. However, I shrugged it off and just thought to myself that it was a good thing I wasn't singing a bad song about him. I would have been lynched. I'm not sure if he was singing it for my benefit or not because I was out there smoking. It's just time for all of that to stop. Both sides need to let it drop. There shouldn't even be two sides, we should just be one group. Humans.

Sir Scarz-XD When Dad and I ask Mom if she has anything to add about what we're talking about she says she's just listening. Lol

Now that is a thought. XD I'd be willing to try it if you will. Laughing But seriously, I agree that regular citizens would probably get more done. Also, I'm pretty sure that's how it was intended. Maybe not the lottery part, but I doubt our Forefathers wanted everyone in a position to lead to be a polished, silver-tongued politician. The only problem would be not knowing all of the laws, and what we could and couldn't do. I'm sure that could be fixed by having lawyers present to give advice though.

Tam is a good person to get in a disagreement with. She is very willing to take responsibility, and to learn. I aspire to be like her. I, like most people, sometimes just make excuses for my behavior. She is also very good at listening to me and trying to understand my point of view, and I try to do the same. I do my best but I have a ways to go before I'm as good at it as Tam. *hugs Tam*

Established Citizen
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:44 pm
Yup nope. Name calling is only for very close friends, that you know for sure are going to laugh their afts off because little Christian Tam said **BLEEP**.

**nod** I've felt bullied. I've felt my attempts to reach out be thrown back in my face with chanting and being ganged up on (online, of course). And around here, rainbows are only allowed to stand for ONE thing. Regardless of what anyone else ever used them for.

And... Now I'm just gonna go blush and hide in that corner, okay? Weird, you stop poking me with that stick.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 am
Lady Tam, you never have to hide in a corner here on Zan (unless you really want to).

Lady Rayven, what's even worse about that reporter that was beaten by the masked fascists, is he clicked off two of the Lefts boxes, he is gay and he is a person of color (Asian), yet because he is a conservative, they feel it was OK to beat him up because as far as they are concerned he went over to the dark side. . .I saw another interview and to hear him talk and to watch him, he was even more injured than first thought and these masked goons continue this constantly. It should be illegal everywhere for someone to come to a demonstration with their face covered or wearing a mask.

I think that the biggest problem with anything whether it is religion or sexual orientation or politics is when people feel they have the right to force it down someone else's throat. . . I think we should spend less time trying to determine who uses what restroom or what locker room or who should or shouldn't have the right to eat in peace at a restaurant and more time in actual conversation.

I hat that all the Dems are talking about reparations for slavery. . .at the time of the Civil War, under 5% of Americans owned slaves (some of the owners were freed slaves). . .so who would be responsible to pay for these reparations? No one alive today in the USA was a slave or slave owner. . .and something most people do not know, the Emancipation Proclamation did not apply to slaves in the North.

The original members of Congress were only part time politicians, many still had farms and businesses to run.

I disagree about having lawyers around only because the lawyers are also a part of the problem. . .I want our laws to be in plain English not the legalese they are written in now. I want Bills to be in simple enough English that anyone can read and understand it, also no more pork and no attachments that have nothing to do with the Bill's subject, like you see now. . .A Bill for military appropriations getting an attachment to include protection of forest lands in Arkansas or Oregon should not be allowed. . .separate them into two different Bills.

I also do not understand the deliberate lies being said to inflame parts of our citizenry. . .Like Pelosi misquoting what it on the red Trump hats, saying that the census citizenship question was an attempt to "Make America White Again"??? I didn't know that only "Whites" are American citizens. . .the last I checked, we have Americans who are all races (just as we have Illegals who are all races). . .the citizenship question has to do with where our tax-payer funds will be used and for representation in the House. . .

Something has to be done to stop the widening divide among us, but it seems more and more are working hard to keep us apart.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:24 pm
Tam-XD As long as I know someone is kidding, being called a name is no big deal at all. Very Happy I often call my pets and parents silly names, and some not so silly but said in jest. Max gets called names when he's being ornery, but he knows I'm just kidding. XD

That's so silly. No one can own a rainbow. I have new rainbow pajamas on right now. XD They are super comfy. Try not to let anyone bully you about that. *hugs*

Sir Scarz is right. You never have to go to the corner unless you just really want to. Very Happy

Sir Scarz-Yeah, I thought that was odd too. I feel very sorry for him. I hope he doesn't let this stop him from reporting in the future. I agree. It immediately reeks of someone being up to no good. Besides, shouldn't they be proud of what they're protesting about? Why cover their face?!

True. With conversation may come understanding. I have heard a male voice in the women's bathroom on more than one occasion. I have no idea if they were transgender, went into the wrong bathroom by accident, or if the men's room was full. I couldn't care less as long as they don't try to get into my stall. XD That is one benefit that women have over men. We don't have urinals where it is easy to spy on someone. I had a lady throw a fit once when I was had my son waiting for me over by the sinks in the ladies room. He was only around 10, but he was big for his age. I told her I wasn't going to have him be kidnapped for her comfort. He wasn't hurting a thing in there. It's not like he was peeking under stalls.

Reparations are ridiculous. Why should I have to pay for something my ancestors didn't even do? I've seen pictures of my family from back then. They lived in what appeared to be a one room shack. All of them were lined up in front of the shack and you can tell they were poor. I didn't know that. Shocked

I'm sure. I doubt they were paid back then, at least not enough to live on.

You're right. They write it that way so it can be vague enough to be interpreted different ways so they can twist it how they want. However, people do that with the constitution and I feel that it was pretty plain what they intended.

Exactly. The states that are throwing a fit about that have so many illegal aliens and they want to get extra representatives because of them. That's not even close to fair. They are here ILLEGALLY. Mad They should not have any rights, and, furthermore, they should be deported. If I committed a crime I would be in trouble. Having that question on the census makes perfect sense. That question is asked on job applications, why not the census?

A divided, poor people are easier to control. They're also too busy to see what the man behind the curtain is doing.

Long-term Citizen
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 pm
Sorry for being gone for awhile. Things have finally been calming down here and hubs and I have been relaxing more.

We got the bedroom fully done. Thanks for the tip Sir Scarz.

We did have a mess but that was because things on one of the tables was not organized right. Fixed that after Night and Zell were playing and caused a huge mess. Those cute lil butts. The cops have dealt with the people setting off huge fireworks here. Like ones you see for cites. I got scared badly twice from it and one of the cops felt bad since his wife as well has a arrhythmia; so he was very understandable about not wanting things like that. One of the maintenance was worried in case of a fire, since the building he lives in just had a door for the outside set on fire from an idiot putting out a cig too near it. But the got rid of them and so far nothing has happened. So that's a plus.

Otherwise not much is going on. Besides me still working on my biscornu.

Kinda tired right now since we forgot hubs mom was coming over this morning. She pounded on the door and that was the only thing that made us hear her to wake up to it. We really need a way to get us to hear that door. It's barley audible to a normal knock.

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Thou art most welcome, Lady Saiyouri, glad to hear you finally got it done. I think people don't realize the damage fireworks can do, we actually had several trees burn and a couple houses catch fire. . .and funny, the county here said they would go after people firing off illegal fireworks (but you could only report them online) and it obviously stopped no one as when I got home at 11 PM, it still felt like I was in a war zone.

Lady Rayven, many people don't know that about the Emancipation Proclamation.

Did you here one city council in MN decide they would stop saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" at their meetings (something that had been done for a very long time), ". . .in order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community we’re going to forgo saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting,” - What are they actually saying??? That we would rather offend American citizens than offend ILLEGALS!!! Too much of this is happening around the country.

And I could care less if an NFL team or NHL team or MLB team accepts an invitation to the White House; but for a National team not to accept an invite is ridiculous. The White House belongs to the People of the USA, regardless of who is President. It's a celebration of the team's accomplishment and not something that should be turned into a political circus. So far we have only heard from one member (who is very anti-Trump) who claims that no one on the team wants to go to the White House, I would like to hear from others as I do not feel it should be one person's decision. . .and then that person said she would be willing to meet with anyone in DC who agreed with her opinion. . .seems no matter what we do, some people don't even want to hear opposing views, the left view on free speech. . ."you are free to agree with me, otherwise we will shut you down."

And the divide continues grow. . .unfortunately.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 pm
Saiyouri-I bet you're relieved to have the bedroom done. Very Happy

They tried to "help" you sort the clothes huh? XD Max has been on a kick where he tries to stop me from doing things. If I want him to get up so I can move or fix something, he won't budge. He also thinks it's great fun to steal newspapers and tear them up. Grr I'm glad you don't have to worry about the fireworks anymore.

Was she mad when you opened the door?

Sir Scarz-I just did a little research on that, and it was kind of messed up. Apparently it was more of a tactic than because they cared enough to set them free? Also, apparently Lincoln did want them freed, but not to necessarily have equal rights. That's...sad.

No, I didn't hear that, but it doesn't surprise me either. Yeah, it's only ok to offend us apparently. I'm not happy about them taking it out of the schools either. How are kids supposed to learn about patriotism? I think one of the only reasons our country hasn't failed before now is because of patriotic Americans, and the loyalty they feel for this country. I say the Pledge of Allegiance to myself once in awhile because I don't want to forget it. The future isn't looking too bright. Grr I definitely think, as I said before, that in the past some groups got the short end of the stick. But it's not that bad anymore, or at least it wasn't. Stepping on other's toes isn't the way to get change to happen. All that does is cause bitterness. Our country is probably going to try to split into two again eventually. Sad

That's terribly disrespectful. It's an honor to be invited to the White House no matter who is in office. Since when do we have to agree completely with a president in order to show them respect? Our ancestors are probably rolling in their graves.

Yeah. Did you hear about AOC wanting to get rid of Homeland Security? As if the only thing they do is mess up illegal alien's lives. *snickers*

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 am
Lady Rayven, it was indeed a tactic to disrupt the South by freeing their slaves. . .They knew Lincoln's words would get out to those slaves and cause a possible uprising which would have opened another front against the South.

I heard both AOC and Omar talking about disbanding the border patrol, ICE and Homeland Security, I guess they really do want to allow our enemies free access. And that the Dems want to decriminalize entering this country ILLEGALLY, which in effect would open our borders to anyone who wants to come. . .as I said before, a country that does not have borders is no longer a country. . .unbelievable!!!

Long-term Citizen
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm
Rayven- His mom yelled at him the whole time she was in the apartment and while they were gone.... We were in our room with the door closed and a air conditioner running. Even with us being in the living room there have been times we weren't sure a knock was on our door or if we were hearing things.

Kitties don't try to sort anything out. Well ya they do. They hold them in place haha.

Well last night was 'fun'. A stupid teen used a drone, dropped a M1000 on our roof while it was lit.... I heard the boom and something dropping. Well the dropping was easy to figure out. The casing of the stupid thing. Hubs explained what that thing is.... MY GOD PEOPLE HERE ARE STUPID. He called the cops and told the cops what other people saw. No idea if they caught the idiot. I really hope they do something. This is getting ridiculous. Thankfully my heart just pounds and no breathing problems yet. >.> I miss Wisconsin in so many ways.

I need to stare at kitties and ignore the world... Might be the only thing that makes things better. I so give up on people of Ohio. Every turn there is just more stupid and I so can't take it anymore.

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:57 pm
Lady Saiyouri, that is insane, if they catch that idiot he should be charged as a terrorist. They are very lucky that nothing caught fire and no one was hurt.

On the door, perhaps you could get a wireless doorbell that could be stuck on the door and not damage it. I am surprised there isn't something like that already on it.

I truly believe that our kitties and puppies are there to make things better and that they do help us ignore the idiocy of the world.

I can understand your frustration with people in Ohio, I am from Ohio and I moved to get away from it, only to land in the insanity known as Vegas.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm
Sir Scarz-Hmmm. Very conniving. I don't think I'd be good at making decisions during war. I'm not good at being sneaky.

Well I guess I should just sail up to the UK and demand they let me in, and tell them they have to take care of me until I get on my feet. I wonder how they'll take that?! XD

Are you sure you traded up moving to Vegas? XD

Oh, I was wondering, how old is Nico?

Saiyouri-Oh no. *grimaces* I hope she got over it. It's not like it was you or your hubby's fault.

XD I guess that's something.

Oh good grief! What were they thinking?! Obviously they weren't. I hope they got caught. You and Sir Scarz are welcome to move to Missouri. It's nice here, at least it is in the country. Very Happy Much quieter and more sane than I think you guys are getting where you live. XD

I understand that. I spend A LOT of time with Max, Bob, and Minnie. When I'm not doing that I'm gardening. Hard work but very peaceful. Very Happy

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Lady Rayven, it truly was beyond sneaky and the fact that it isn't taught in history proves it.

I think if you sailed to the UK and claimed to be a refugee, while they are still under the EU, they would probably let you in and take care of you (or would you have to be of a certain religion to receive all that?). . .but after Brexit, you would definitely get the boot. (that's part of why they voted to leave, being forced to take in refugees they couldn't afford to take care of).

I feel it was definitely a trade up, that is why I spend as little time around the Strip as possible. (not a very good ambassador, am I?)

Nico is roughly between 13 and 14 years old, they said they thought he was 8 when I got him (until you asked, I didn't realize that he picked me 5 years ago. . .which means Tank has been gone almost 7 years. . .wow).

Not sure that Missouri would work for me. . .I would be trading an occasional shaking and heat for flooding and tornados and snow, but thank you for the invitation, milady.
Wink

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 pm
Sir Scarz-True. There are a lot of things that aren't taught in history class, and it's only going to get worse.

Hmmm. I'm not sure. I've heard of celebrities, especially singers, that they don't like for one reason or another being denied entry. I kind of figured if they won't let someone famous in, I have no chance at all, especially if I expect them to take care of me.

XD I think you are. It's just that it's so crazy on the strip. At least I imagine it is since I haven't been there.

Awww. So he and Bob are roughly the same age. Very Happy I hope they both stick around for a long, long time.

XD You're welcome. We don't have to worry about flooding where I live, but if you travel several miles down to the river, they do. We've also never had a tornado be a direct problem for us, but they have hit nearby. We think we live in a kind of "sweet spot". There are a lot of times we don't even get the storms that they get just a few miles away. Shocked We do get snow though, especially last year, but we hadn't had much for the last several years. Do you get tired of the heat in Las Vegas? I believe I would. I like having all 4 seasons.

Established Citizen
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 pm
I miss having all four seasons, and I haven't even moved.

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am
I hope Bob and Nico are with us for a very long time, too.

While the UK is still under the EU, refugees have to be accepted; I don't know about singers just trying to immigrate there. . .many times they might not approve them if they have any kind of criminal record.

Even though you can see everything from the Pyramids to Paris to Rome to New York, New York (to say the least) and we have everything from lions, tiger and sharks; we also have drunks assaulting Batman and everything from midget showgirls to fat guys dressed as showgirls You also can probably also hear almost any language being spoken while walking up and down the Strip. Surreal is probably a better word for any adventure here.

It does sound like you must live in the perfect spot in Missouri. We do have 4 seasons. . .Fall (our Winter), Spring, Early Summer and Late Summer. . .I really don't miss winter and shoveling snow (they actually close schools if we get an inch of snow).

Page 308 of 310