Rayven's Nest-35k to 1st poster on pg. 350!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 289, 290, 291 ... 308, 309, 310  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:54 pm
Rayven - They let us "request" 5 days off per schedule. The committee does their best to accommodate the requests, but it's never a guarantee. I can always try to find someone to switch with me if needed.

Work is.....mentally exhausting. I need to find a healthy outlet. People are just....people, I guess. I could be in with a really sick patient for a long time, and another one of my patients is complaining to everyone that walks by their door that they haven't seen their nurse in "10 hours" and they need their meal tray. I think it would bother me less if I was allowed to say what I wanted to, but that would be unprofessional. *eyeroll* But, when that's not going on, I still like the new job, so there is that.

Wow...so much going on with everyone...I hope and pray everyone and family are doing better.

My puppers is sensitive to fleas even though she gets flea medicine every month. It's been a challenge to keep her itchiness under control, otherwise she just chews up parts of her body. O.O

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Riley-That sounds awesome! Even if you can't always get it. Is the schedule for like 2 weeks at a time?

Awww. People! Life would be so much easier without them. XD I'm sure you're doing a great job. It's impossible to please everyone.

I had one dog that had a bald spot above his tail about 6 months out of the year. Embarassed I gave him plenty of flea medicine, but I never got him an allergy shot. He really didn't scratch much. It was mostly chewing. Maybe I should have gotten him medicated, but I really don't like giving them medicine if I can help it. I decided Max will not be a bald dog. XD Plus he scratches so much he drives himself and me nuts. I wish fleas would just disappear.

Long-term Citizen
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 am
Rayven- Well I guess figuring out what an animal is all getting into can be difficult at times.

Last time I spoke to my son which was a week ago, he got a job at a big center for a store and drives a forklift for about $17 an hour. He doesn't mind the job and is happy that he's making alot more money now. I haven't spoken to him recently so I'm assuming things are doing ok.

Riley- *hugs* Sorry to hear that you are dealing with certain people that should be told to shut up. I understand that's a huge no no. I hope things otherwise are going good for you.

I'm finally almost done with the thread box. I should be able to get majority of it done today, if not all of it.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:37 pm
Saiyouri-That's wonderful! Very Happy I'm glad your son got a good job. I never wanted to drive a forklift. I'd be too nervous that I'd run into something. XD

Congrats on the thread box! Very Happy

I helped Mom organize her kitchen cabinets today. It didn't take too awfully long and she seems happy with them. We didn't go as crazy as we could have, but at least the tupperware isn't falling on our heads anymore. XD

Long-term Citizen
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 pm
Rayven- Ah nothing falling on your head is always a great thing.

Thanks. I finished the box fully yesterday and got my new pjs in as well.

Oh and I got some great news! We got an email from Corsair the maker of my water cooler for my PC and less than 1% leak fluid out of the hose so we have to send it in just in case over time it does it to me. Such great and amazing news to receive! >.> Now to wait til we hear from them on how long it might take to receive the new one. I'm using the former cooler I had in the old PC and have to watch my temps in case it overheats since it's not fully built for my parts. So just gotta watch what I do on my PC. So no heavy programs or games in case it overheats.

I need to figure out what is causing annoying back pain. I took an Aleve this morning and it seems to be helping. I just don't know if it's the face we got a bedframe or if it's something else. We plan on flipping the mattress to see if that helps and if not. Then we have to get some boards to put inbetween the frame and boxspring to see if it being flatter will not cause more back pain. >.> And for some reason I'm shaky like overly excited. Ugh.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:54 pm
Saiyouri-Cool! Did you wear them yet?

I didn't even know that water coolers for computers existed. Shocked I'm really glad you got good news though. Very Happy

Sorry to hear your back hurts. I hope you can fix whatever is causing it. Aleve is a lot of people's best friend. XD My Dad has been taking it for his knee. I can't take it anymore because of my stomach problems. :/

Long-term Citizen
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:47 am
Rayven- I'm wearing them now and they are very comfortable.

The coolers help keep your CPU cooled so things don't go bad and your computer stops working. They are very important to get the right one for your CPU. I hope that makes sense.

I woke up on my back this morning and my back was a bit sore. I have no idea why I'm sleeping on my back. I wonder if I lost weight and that is the cause of my pain. From not much protection on my back that bones just dig into things >.> I kept on reading the back of Aleve when trying to find out how many to take and I read that people who have had ulcers shouldn't take the pill. Thankfully I didn't have a issue at all.

Started the checkerboard.... After 3 fixes I got the board correct and things line up properly when stitching it Very Happy Hubs threw a fit twice over the color scheme... But seeing the two colors that are making up the board he likes it. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:42 pm
Saiyouri-That's great. Very Happy I'm glad you like them.

Yeah it does. I know computers can overheat, especially when playing games. I just didn't know they had anything like that. Good to know. I might need it in the future.

Hmmm. That is odd if you don't normally sleep like that. Sometimes I catch myself doing that. Usually it's because I really need to go to the restroom, or when I'm sick and my nose is running. It's a good thing you don't. I don't know if I have an ulcer or not, but I produce too much acid. I guess my stomach is already irritated and Aleve and Ibuprofen just make it worse.

XD I'm glad he came around to your way of thinking.

Established Citizen
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:24 pm
I live.

I think. Not sure I'm back for sure yet. lol

Rayven. When I have too much acid I have some baking soda. It helps me.

I sleep on my back when I have a really relaxing dream. Which is usually one that I died in.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 am
Hi guys,

Thought I'd skip the edingtol gates thing and just drop in to the pubs and clubs.

I hope everyone's healthy and avoiding extreme weather, etc. etc. How's it going?
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:31 am
Rayven- I still have no idea how I sleep on my back. I think it has something to do with the quality of sleep but I can't remember how I slept yesterday so that doesn't help me lol.

Hubs was overly concerned over the yellow I'm using. But seeing it he was able to see that the colors match together. And I'm almost done with the board itself. I'm thinking of using a different color that I'm not already using to stitch the board pieces together and edging the board. Just don't know what color to use though.

Hi Tam. I never knew baking soda helped with acid. That is really odd.

Hi Winter and welcome. How are you doing?

The weather here is rather sad excuse for weather. It shames weather around the world. Yesterday the Weather Channel app told me 3 times we were having a tornado warning, then a tornado watch. We were supposed to have hail. Nothing happened but slight rain....... I swear Ohio is beyond stupid that it broke apps that are supposed to tell you what the temps and that are.

I wished I knew why this weather here can't get things straight >.> I just want to smack the stupid out of it. (the love I have for Ohio)

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 pm
Tam-XD It sounds like you must be feeling a little better.

I've never heard of that, but it's worth a shot. I usually just take a Prilosec, but I don't want to take them more than I have to. It has some potentially bad side effects. I could use baking soda when the Prilosec is wearing off and I don't want to take it yet. How much do you take? And do I put it in water?

You find dying in a dream relaxing? Confused That would be a nightmare for me. XD

Winter-Hi! Welcome to Zan and my pub! Very Happy You might still want to go to Edingtol's Gates. New citizens often get a few things to get them started. Wink

I'm doing good. We did have a little snow yesterday. It was warm before that. The weather still can't make up its mind. XD How are things with you?

Saiyouri-XD Well it is hard to remember when we're asleep or half asleep.

I'm sure you'll be able to come up with just the right color. Very Happy

I know what you mean about the weather, but I'm just glad to see it behaving normally. At least for here it's normal. XD For a few years the weather was not what I was used to.

Do you ever let your cats go outside?

Established Citizen
Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 am
Hi, Winter. I'm Tam. My avatar is Weird. Yes, I'm also weird, but it isn't my name. XD

Saiyouri wrote:
Hi Tam. I never knew baking soda helped with acid. That is really odd.

That's why it makes things fizz. It's a base.

Rayven wrote:
Tam-XD It sounds like you must be feeling a little better.

I've never heard of that, but it's worth a shot. I usually just take a Prilosec, but I don't want to take them more than I have to. It has some potentially bad side effects. I could use baking soda when the Prilosec is wearing off and I don't want to take it yet. How much do you take? And do I put it in water?

Not feeling periodic anymore, anyway. LOL On painkillers for lower back and headache. Back really complained about grocery getting today.

Yeah. Dying in a dream is a happy ending for me.

Well, I don't put it in water, and I just eat it til it works, but the box says to have it in water. I'd say a half a teaspoon in a big glass? And more if you need it.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:22 am
Iím doing well enough thanks! Nice to meet you all. Just another day here I suppose. Work is doing my head in so Iíve been daydreaming about travel for the last few weeks..

Saiyouri
That sounds frustrating! I imagine so many false alarms could be pretty disruptive. I suppose we can be thankful it turned out to be chill Cool

Rayven
Iím an old user from like 2009-2011 so I guess technically Iíve already been to edingtol gates once or twice!

Tam
Hi there, nice to meet you! Iím not sure what I walked in to here, all talking about eating baking soda Shocked
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:05 pm
Tam-Well that's good. XD I can relate. I helped move some heavy pieces of wood yesterday and I hurt myself too. Only I hurt my sternum somehow. Confused Apparently I haven't used my chest muscles in awhile. XD

Ok thanks. I'll try that sometime, but I think I'll have to put it in water. I can't imagine just eating it. I'll be in worse shape if I gag on it. XD

Winter-I know what you mean. I've always dreamed of travelling too. I doubt I ever get the chance, but if I could, I definitely would. Scotland is my first choice. Where would you like to go?

Now that you mention it, your name does look awfully familiar. Welcome back! Very Happy I was on hiatus for a few years too. It felt so nice to be back.
Page 290 of 310