Zan "I'm Safe" Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 pm
Thanks everyone! c: Florence should be pretty much out of NC today. I hope everyone else in the storm's path stays safe! It's weakened pretty considerable, should just be a strong band of thunderstorms now. c: Heart

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm
I'm fine, but just checking in to see if our friends in Florida, and I believe the UK is being pounded by a massive storm, are ok.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9140/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am
Zukyun and I are fine. The most recent hurricane missed us Yes

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 am
There is an evolving situation in Christchurch, New Zealand (where I live) at the moment due to a shooting incident at a few mosques around town.

Many are injured and nine have been confirmed dead at the moment, as I am writing this.

My husband and I are safe at work, which is located some ways from the city centre where the shooting happened.

My sister-in-law is still at work as well.

My brother-in-law went to pick up his son from school.

My niece is currently being ferried home from town where she was attending a protest walk against climate change.

At the moment, my family is safe but the shooter has not been caught yet and more and more facilities around town are being placed under lock down, along with many schools.

I will keep you informed if anything changes.

To my knowledge, there is no one else on Zan who is from this area but if there is, please stay safe.

This is a horrible tragedy and nothing of this magnitude has ever happened in New Zealand. Most people are still in shock.

~EDIT~

The police have one shooter in custody but there might be others.

Defender of the Realm
a.k.a. The Traipsing Knight
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 am
I am sorry to hear this, Professor, stay safe. They really are not saying much about the shooter. . .other than what witnesses said about him throwing down the rifle on the way out of one of the Mosques. . .and a report of a possible bomb in a car in the center of town Shocked

I would have never expected to be hearing about something like this happening in New Zealand. . .unreal.

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 am
Most of my family and friends are safe. Kids are home, only my sister-in-law is still at work.

Latest update from the police is that they have four people in custody. One of them has been identified as being from Australia, living in New Zealand.

Multiple casualties but police are as of yet unable to confirm how many fatalities.

The shooting occurred in two different locations, two mosques have been targeted and a "number of improvised explosive devices" have been found and neutralized.

The nation is in complete shock. Police are pooling resources and have the affected areas in lockdown.

Schools and government institutions are also in lockdown until police confirm that the immediate danger has passed.

That is what I know so far.

~EDIT~

The lockdown has been lifted from the schools.

Defender of the Realm
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 am
The shooter in the one Mosque live-streamed the shooting. . .unbelievable

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 am
OMG. >.<

I didn't know that. The news only said something about some videos of the shooting released to social media but that the police are working on taking those videos down to protect the public.

I just can't believe that this is happening.

Defender of the Realm
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 am
It appears they have been able to take most down, but some pirated ones keep popping up. . .they also said that there was some kind of anti-immigrant manifesto, I hope only these four were involved. . .

That's how we felt when the shooting happened here, you can't believe it was happening.

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 am
Yes, this has just been confirmed on the news. Social media branches are working with law enforcement to have these videos taken down.

There was mention about a manifesto but nothing has been officially released yet. Police is suspecting that this is a terrorist attack but there is no official confirmation yet.

I think it will take time for this to sink in. New Zealand is considered to be one of the safest countries in the world.

For such an act of violence to happen here is unprecedented.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 am
A friend mentioned about hoping her Kiwi friends were ok on facebook a few hours ago. My immediate thought was, "I hope Lillie is ok", because I knew you were on the South Island, but not sure where. Is your sister in law home yet?
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9140/10000
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 am
I just heard there are at least 40 dead. . .my gawd. I am glad you and yours are safe, Professor.

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 am
Thanks Bo. *hugs*

Yes, she is at home, we're all safe. We've got friends over. I guess in these situations, we feel safety is in the numbers.

I've heard 9 confirmed deaths so far but over 30 feared to be dead. I think emergency services are still trying to identify victims.

Thank you Lord Scarz, it means a lot. I think I was most scared for my niece, who was in the vicinity of the first shooting.

I think those who were born here must have been scared out of their minds, since they never had any similar experiences to compare today's events to. Since I come from a war-torn country, I think I am handling the shock much better than they are.

I was just trying to make sure to get in touch with everyone, make sure they are safe and offer help if needed.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:32 am
Last massacre (and I mean massacre) in Australia, was Port Arthur in Tasmania in 1996. I was too young at the time to notice it or even know about it. Plus, it was in a completely different state, so really far removed. The Lindt cafe siege was in Sydney in 2014. I was a whole lot more aware of that, due to it being in Sydney and I followed it very closely.

The sad thing is, this is going to affect the whole country, not just Christchurch and the surrounding areas. Sad

I have another friend from New Zealand, but thankfully, she is living in Japan now.
9140/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am
I've never actually survived a terrorist attack as such back in my home country but I did survive a conflict during the 90s, when I was about 7 and the bombing by NATO in 1999.

The responses to those events were not dissimilar to the responses going on right now in Christchurch.

And yes, I am aware that this will affect the whole country and not just Christchurch.

The only positive is that I know that the community here is very strong and will provide support to those who are in need of it.

Page 7 of 10