Wake Up, Heroes' Realm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19]
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:33 pm
The rule against necro-ing old threads has been gone for a while now.

I haven't joined in a RP in a very long time. Last time I tried was on gaia a fair few years ago. Ended up running into some...extremely abusive and obviously superior role players Rolling Eyes on there. Didn't stick around in that forum after that due to them deciding to flood whatever thread I was in in the RP forum with abusive messages and then had the nerve to say that I drove a "friend" of theirs to self harm. Rolling Eyes With "friends" like those, I would self harm. Sigh

I'm currently trying to get into the swing of things for uni (starting the second week), but I wouldn't mind joining in with a relaxed group RP. Yes
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Chrysothemis

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:44 pm
Ugh, reminds me of when I tried to rejoin Saphernia... Maybe I just ran into the wrong people, but it was really toxic.

and I know what you mean about relaxed roleplay. As much as I like to post paragraphs upon paragraphs sometimes, I don't want to ever become a snob about it, you know? There's nothing worse than getting stuck in a group that expects you to post more than you're comfortable writing. Not everyone's expectations are the same for RP and it sucks when someone ruins the fun by making super strict rules.

I'm still a bit nervous at the idea of being the head of a group game though, so I don't know when I'll actually make it. Right now, I'm planning out another OOC thread so we can talk about our roleplay history and stories that we'd want to share. I think that might be a good way to get the community more comfortable with doing group stuff, you know?

(also sometimes it's fun to hear other people's stories!)

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm
I mean, I could attempt to post paragraphs upon paragraphs for a RP...but I would become bored with it quiet quickly. If I were going to write paragraph after paragraph...I'd write a book. (Tried that, got bored rather quickly. XD )

You've put the feelers out for it now. Just need some people to stick their heads up to see if they will join in. I think Riley might, but she has been super busy with her work lately. Yes
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Chrysothemis

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 pm
It depends on who I'm writing with and how inspired I am. I can write six paragraphs or more for a response, but it's rare and usually only with friends that really make my creativity wheels turn like crazy. XD

What I hate is when people make those six paragraphs the expectation for All Good Roleplay. A good response isn't in the word count, it's in the heart and the passion to move the story forward.

(Though I will give a personal caveat to One Word Replies. A good response to someone that moves the plot forward can't be contained in a single sentence. At least, not at the sorta pace I like. It's really disheartening to pour my heart out on a post and then get a response that barely moves the plot forward. It's like confessing to your crush in a text and getting back 'K'.)

I don't mean to sound like a hypocrite, though. Everyone RPs a little differently and comes to it with different expectations. The only Bad Roleplayer out there is the kind of person who isn't courteous to who they're writing with. You could be writing the biggest Mary Sue in the world, but if you and your partner(s) are fine with that and are enjoying it, then no one is writing 'badly'.

...I wrote a lot, apologies. Embarassed

And I hope I get some interest! I don't know what I'll make just yet, and even if I'll be able to make it. If I do, it'll probably be casual and within what lore Zantarni has (I've never actually looked into it much just yet but that sounds like a good middle ground setting, right? And it would encourage new and returning users to look into it.)

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 am
I'm almost always down for an RP here on Zantarni. The people here are nice and the pace isn't fast enough to leave people behind. And even if that happens, I've been a part of RPs where we agreed to stop posting to give a person or persons a chance to reply.

That said, I need at least a paragraph. That's 3-5 sentences, which is not too much to ask for. And I get it. Sometimes the creativity just isn't there at the moment. One sentences happen sometimes, and can even be appropriate, depending on the situation. But it's also okay to wait to post. I've done that several times for RPs here, because I wasn't in the creative mood to post. So I waited.

After some conversations, I am starting to feel like an RP snob, because I push for reasonable things. Things like: a basic character profile, at least a paragraph for each post, writing out words, using italics for thoughts, and basic world rules. That last one is problematic for some people. And by basic, I mean things like: no killing others without all party's consent, you only have one super power, you are not a god, giving your character a weakness or a quark because it makes for good RP. That's not limiting in my opinion. I have a hard time RPing and enjoying it without that basic, basic framework.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3