Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 291, 292, 293  Next
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am
Sir Scarz- that is the only logical reason I can think of. I never forced my kids to eat their veggies and they eat them all the time growing up. My hubs on the other hand I think was forced to eat them. So that might be the reason for people to grow up with a not so fond taste of them. Only thing I can think of.

30 to me doesn't sound too bad but I grew up in a state that is normal -40 below for wind chills during winter so I wouldn't know too much about it over there by you lol.

Tank sounds cute.

Rayven- Wow that poor woman. I bet she made a ton of food. Max must of loved that popsicle this morning hehe.

Riley- I'm glad your experiment worked out for you. I once made sweet n spicy fish and pumpkin rice. My son thought I was crazy but he really liked how both turned out. I just wish I wasn't so terrified to cook for hubs otherwise I'd be cooking all the time. But for some reason when I try to, my brain just goes nuts and I end up having panic attacks and OCD attacks. I really hate how stupid my brain is at times.

That is really nice you can choose the size of box you want. This way nothing goes to waste. Glad another country is starting that. Just because a piece of produce isn't perfect doesn't mean that it won't work to cook or eat it.

I am hoping that when we can get Symphony into the vet that the one I picked works out for us. They work with the pet store in town and are the only place that the reviews didn't make me too uncomfortable. I never had an issue in Wisconsin finding a vet. Heck I started to take my cats to a small pet store in Madison and they were really good. I liked them. And their prices weren't where you had to sell your home, all your possessions and a kidney and arm just to get a cat fixed like here. It's going to cost 350 to get her fixed and that price just doesn't make sense at all. I know it's a hospital that we are taking her too, but that's the price vets are even charging people. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Thankfully they have a payment plan we can do when we can work out a time for hubs mom to take us there (right now she's acting like a child and we can't even plan out a time for her to take us grocery shopping).

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm
Tam-I've only had fried okra, but I really love it. I suspect I probably wouldn't if it wasn't fried though.

I'm not a big fan of carrots, but I like them cooked. They're really good when cooked with a beef roast. Very Happy Unfortunately I don't like asparagus at all.

Sir Scarz-Awww. I'm glad you have Nico. Very Happy

Vine ripened are the best, especially when fresh from a garden. I'll eat them cut up with salt on them if they're fresh. The things they call tomatoes at the grocery store aren't really fit for human consumption. XD I'll only eat them on a burger or BLT since it tends to cover up the fact that they taste like cardboard.

I used to eat a little spaghetti without sauce on it when I was little too. Must be a kid thing. I did eat pizza when I was a kid, but without toppings. My Dad got stuck with my toppings, and used to joke that maybe he'd eventually get to eat a whole piece of pizza. XD I'm proud to say that I eventually grew out of that and I now eat the whole thing.

Riley-Poor dog. Sad I hope her ears feel better soon.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about all of that, but hadn't checked into it yet.

That sounds like something my Dad would make. When he cooks we have no idea what spices he used. He just grabs a bunch of bottles and starts adding this and that. Lol

Saiyouri-Yeah. It's a small church, but I'm sure there was still quite a bit. Yes he did. Lol It finally melted by the afternoon. It's been raining all day today. Mad

I hope your weather is better than ours.

Long-term Citizen
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 pm
Haha, it's raining here as well Rayven. We got flood watches here, and Ohio's version of a flood is water on the street. I find it rather pathetic since in Wisconsin when we got flood watches or that it was actual streams in the road. Streams you would find in the woods or that. Small rivers is what we got.

Today it's about 50 (when we get 48ish temps it's actually 50 something outside) and then tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 30. Ah the weather is so amazing. Gotta love it. All the love.

Well with stress and girly issues for the past month my brain has been gone (no time for my anemia to heal). Now I get another couple weeks of no brain cause my body loves me so much. ; ; I hate my anemia so much. I swear my blood has it out for me. Ugh, evil body!

I hope the weather isn't too bad for you or anyone else. At least no as much of a roller coaster, though I have a feeling that it won't be that way.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:47 pm
Saiyouri-The weather has been very crazy this winter. Spring is just around the corner! Very Happy It won't be long and we'll be complaining about the heat. XD

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I woke up to a swollen throat, and I'm having some trouble swallowing. Sad I didn't eat anything unusual so I'm not sure what's going on. I took some Benadryl a couple of times today. It didn't help but I'm also not any worse than I was when I first woke up. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for both of us.

Long-term Citizen
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:03 pm
Well I do feel better today for sure. Woke up multiple times during a nap yesterday with heart burn and no idea how I got that but it got better during the day.

The weather today is windy and cold. And I will wish for the sun to die when it gets hot out. Poor body, I have no idea how it will handle the temps or weather this year during the summer considering how much it was a roller coaster for the winter. >.> Not looking to finding out.

I hope your throat is better. I also hope you were able to find out what could possibly be the cause of it. Not knowing is never fun.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Awwww. I hope you feel better today. Prilosec has become my best friend. XD Did you have any tums handy to take for it?

Yeah I have a feeling all of our bodies will be confused for awhile since this winter was so crazy.

Thanks. I think the not knowing is the worst of it. Unfortunately it is only a little better today. If it's not much better by tomorrow I guess I'll have to go find out what's going on. I thought it might be an allergic reaction but now I'm wondering if it might be strep because benadryl didn't help.

Long-term Citizen
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am
I had a different acid pill to take and that did help me alot. Nothing bad happened yesterday so that's a plus. I'm just hoping it's not a new fun thing to handle instead of pain on my fun day. >.>

I hope it's gotten better and you can find out what it is. Strep I heard is really not the most fun thing to deal with.

I swear last night when I went to bed, something was off. Felt like I was in a dream and things happened to fast. No idea what that was either. I tried to push it out of my mind so not to make my mind freak out and non stop think of who knows what.

Happy Valentines Day everyone~

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 pm
I'm glad you had something you could take.

No it's not. I don't think that's what this is though. I'm just going to wait awhile longer and see how it goes.

Hmmm. I wonder what that was. Is it better now?

Happy Valentine's Day! Very Happy I'm going to eat too much candy today. XD

Established Citizen
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:50 pm
Yes. Potatoes and tomatoes are very closely related.

And I HAVE overdone it on cinna hearts. I also shared with lots of peeps. XD My psycholgist and I ate half the bag between us, about, as we chatted today.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 pm
XD I bet she was glad you brought them.

Yay for events! Time to blab too much. *rubs hands together*

Established Citizen
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 pm
She was chomping them happily by the five or six. XD Totally enjoyed them as much as me. One girl behind the counter at the Centre said she's been looking for cinna hearts without success. I told her I got those at the dollar store.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:17 am
XD I haven't had them in years, but I forgot all about them until you mentioned them. I'll have to see if I spot any when out and about. They don't give you heartburn?

Long-term Citizen
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:29 pm
Rayven- Well I told hubs about how the night went and he had no idea what was going on. But nothing like that happened again. Though yesterday morning my mind caused anxiety since it was slowly coming back and I was able to think again which is normal for me. Hopefully that doesn't happen again today. ; ;

I ate too much candy since hubs fed me it. He bought me turtles when he went out to get beer for himself. Though thankfully I didn't feel too sick.

Tam- Oh I haven't had peeps in forever. Cinna hearts sounds very cinnamony. I don't think I could handle those.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:52 pm
Saiyouri-I hope it doesn't too.

I love Turtles! I got some for Valentine's Day too. XD I also got a big Reese's peanut butter heart. Plus I got a rainbow stuffed animal. He's a monster that looks as dumb as a box of rocks but he's cute. XD Max wanted him but I told him it was Mommy's. Lol

We're supposed to get snow today. I wonder if you'll get any of it after it passes through here.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm
Well.....Wednesday was my first shift by myself, off of orientation. It was horrible. The ER was so busy, I couldn't keep up, even with people helping me here and there. And it was like that throughout the ER, not just my assignment. And I had a collection of jerks for patients.

Yesterday was a lot better. It was still busy and I could barely keep up, but I'd take yesterday over the day before any day. But, I think I have some kind of bug. I was so sick yesterday. I woke up feeling find, and about four hours into my shift, I felt like I was run over by a truck, and dry heaving in the bathroom. I couldn't eat my lunch/dinner. But after taking a ten minute nap on break, I felt better.

Today I feel okay, so hopefully I won't have to call in sick tomorrow.

And talk of Valentine's Day candy makes me want to brave the down pour and go get some chocolate. XD
Page 277 of 293