{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6202, 6203, 6204, 6205  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:15 pm
*dusts off my beloved Musings*

I miss this place. But it's difficult to keep it going (especially the way the pages used to fly by!) while doing so many other things... but I thought I'd dust it off and see what's going on with everyone.

SO, what's everyone's plans? Do you celebrate one/any of the holidays going on at this time of year? If so, which? Do you have any particular traditions that you take part in?
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 pm
I had a nice Christmas dinner with my parents, grandmother, sister, and her boyfriend. Followed by gift exchange. We celebrated on Saturday, since I work Mon-Wed.

We are going to celebrate with my other mother (mother-in-law) on Thursday.

My holidays and holiday traditions are a bit out of wack. My grandparents on my mom's side passed away a couple of years ago, and they were the central hub of our holidays throughout the year. So I've been working on creating new traditions to help with that.

I think the two things I make sure to do is to get a Christmas tree and decorate it, and set up Christmas town somewhere in the house.

And if I'm not working, my friend has been hosting a Christmas tree burning party in January the past few years. That's always fun. XD

Queen of the Realm
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 pm
Traditions are always a nice thing to return to around the holidays, and yes, if you don't "inherit" some (or even if you do) it's often a nice thing to have your own (IMO)

So now we're a week in to the new year - how's everyone holding up with the resolutions so far? Or have you opted to skip this idea or implementation for January 1?
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 pm
I usually opt out of doing resolutions, but this year I made an exception. XD I got sick over the holidays, and my resolution is to get better. I'm making kinda slow progress (this virus is kicking my tail), but I'm getting there. I'm hoping that I can try to stay a bit healthier this year in general. But the best I can do right now on that front is drink lots of tea, take my vitamins, and rest. And hope that I don't get a sinus infection on top of my virus. ;w;

Hope everyone else is having a great start to their New Year!

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:11 pm
That sounds like a good resolution to have and to keep, Dusty! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, though! Sad
silverygit

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Heya everyone, does anyone know how to resize a picture which I uploaded to imgur? I have tried 4 different types of code and they don't work....

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 am
Silverygit I'm afraid the only way I know how to resize an image is by using the free online image resizers. Would that work for your purposes?

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:28 pm
Not sure what to tell you, Silvery... sorry. Sad

... anyone around & want to keep me company? It's a chilly rainy day in Florida and I'm seriously fatigued, but am sitting here uploading some shiny new items for February. I can't guarantee a particularly timely conversation, but I am here, working.

So - random questions, to answer now or later:
  • What did you do / are you doing this weekend?
  • Are you learning or doing anything new?
  • What are some of your favorite activities?
  • If there was one item on the site that you'd like to see re-released, what would it be?

My answers:

My weekend consisted of go cart racing with the boys yesterday afternoon and a live concert version of Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back last night. Today, I'm sitting here, working on item uploads for you guys Very Happy

Since the beginning of the new year, I've decided to teach myself ukulele. I'm finding strumming with my fingernails... weird. It was a fairly impulsive purchase at the time, but I'm enjoying it so far... other than that fingernail strumming thing.

... and I'll leave the other two for now...
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:20 pm
Silvery: Go to your uploaded image, click the little arrow next to the image link and choose "Edit image". Once it opens the menu, go to the right hand corner where it will display e.g.: "350x350". Type in what size you want the image to be in pixels then click "Apply" then "Save". Refresh and your image should be resized. Worked for me every time. :3

Blaze: It's Monday morning here in New Zealand. I am at work. The weekend was filled with lots of movies and music. And reading.

I wish I could say that I am learning/doing something new but I am not, really.

I love to explore the nooks and crannies of New Zealand with my husband. If the weather is nice, we often go on road trips on the weekends. If we don't, in my spare time, I love to read, listen to good music, take a walk on the beach, visit the local library...

I would love to see the Glaze and Hurricane bows in different colours. :3

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:41 pm
LillieRose wrote:
I would love to see the Glaze and Hurricane bows in different colours. :3

LOL - this^^, from you, is no surprise at all! In fact, I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it a couple of times in the Staff Room! Wink XD

Movies, music, and reading sounds like a good weekend, Lillie Yes Heart
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:04 pm
I know, I'm predicably boring in my wishes. XD

Yes, it was nice and relaxing. I could have done without the stuffy nose and scratchy throat. It's just my luck to catch a cold in summer. XD

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:16 pm
Sad I'm sorry to hear you're battling a cold, Lillie! Oh, I hope you feel better soon!

I'm currently battling music playlists that seem determined to be mellow and put me to sleep, regardless of the genre or period of music I put on (and I've tried several stations, playlists, genres, etc. so far! Ugh.)! ... but I am making (slow) progress uploading items. So that's something. And no, I know it's not nearly the same thing as battling a summertime cold! XD
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:28 pm
The good thing is that I am not sapped of energy, I feel fine and work is going fine. It's just annoying to have to blow my nose every five minutes. XD

My music playlist is kind of psycho. It starts out mellow and then it intensifies into some hard rock numbers to then mellow out again.

My band mates and I had a lot of fun going through my playlist on new year's eve. XD

I've been listening to Karisa Eden's new album on Saturday, granted, it was the live recording of her performing the new songs on Youtube. I just love her voice. And there was a lot of Queen, since we watched Bohemian Rhapsody the film on Saturday. XD

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm
How was the movie? I haven't seen it yet... want to... just haven't gotten there.

My playlists are eclectic ... a true bit of nearly everything, but so far, only "fun classical" seems to be working for me today because although I'm glad you're not sapped of energy, I sure as anything seem to be! Dead It's annoying. Sad
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 pm
The movie is good. My only gripe with it is that it's very Freddie-centric, if it makes sense? I would have wished to learn more about the whole band, as opposed to the majority of it being just about Freddie.

But other than that, it's really good. It's definitely worth a watch.

Oh, yes, eclectic is the word. XD

Oh no! That's not good. But then again, you do a lot, so no wonder. :3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6202, 6203, 6204, 6205  Next
Page 6203 of 6205