Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270, 271  Next
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 am
Well, Rayven, this will sound weird, but if you're really worried about critters and the dogs, you could tell your dad to go out and pee in the corners of the yard!

I wonder what fun one of those DNA things would have with me. I actually know for a fact about most of what I say I am. I know the people and where they were in the ancestry (don't actually know them personally, but my parents did), and the family last name is very Irish, so that unknown Irishman could very well be fact, especially considering the colour some of us came out. Ditto the suspected Norwegian.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 am
There were too many secrets in that family and even though I was a girl and girls are treated as seen not heard hubs pointed out a couple things that might of made sense. 3 of my 'grandfather's' kids have skin color but only 2 don't. With how things are and that, something just doesn't seem right. He was the Polish one and the one with supposed Native American. Since the NA was so strong in him and most of his kids, you would assume I'd have something of the two but nothing. And according to their dna search, a 'uncle' is a first cousin most likely not a uncle. And we match all but the last one. I know there is stuff my dad's side that I don't know about but considering they showed signs of being white supremacists, something is way off. I wished it was what you said, but I have had a feeling my whole life something was wrong. And things are starting to make sense.

On a side note, the game came out with two free dlc packs and we got a air purifier and hoping that helps with us waking up all night hacking up a few lungs. Now to figure out if I should play the game or wait cause I might drive myself crazy waiting for the new PC to be set up lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 am
Speaking of DNA tests, my mum had one done and discovered that we (at least her side) has Asian ancestry in our past. I know that there was a rumor going around about...I think mum's granny having a father who was of Asian decent, but who knows really.

In saying that though, I find it interesting how Asian women are typically sexualised from a white male point of view, but Asian males are typically demonized to avoid Asian men and white females...well, breeding. It's also just...weird.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8326/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm
Tam-That actually doesn't sound weird at all. I may mention it to him. XD Once in awhile he uses a tree anyway. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Maybe you'll get the chance to take one some time. I think they're fun even though it basically confirmed what I already knew. No major surprises.

Saiyouri-Aww. Well, you may be right. Regardless, you are still you. Although I can only imagine how it might make you feel unsettled. It would have been nice if your family just owned up to it. Everyone has a right to know the truth.

I hope the air purifier helps. XD I can definitely understand that it's hard to wait.

Bo-It sounds like it must have been more than just a rumor.

I'm not sure if that's the reason why. I feel like it has more to do with the fact that women of most cultures are just more attractive than the men, and are therefore more desirable. At least that's my personal opinion. I've heard many other people, both men and women, say the same thing though. Women have more refined features, generally take more care with their appearance, and have nicer clothes and makeup to accentuate the positive (or hide the flaws). I believe size may also play a major factor. Women tend to want a man that is taller and bigger than them, and men tend to like shorter, smaller women. I mean no offense by this. To me, it just is what it is.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 pm
Considering the time period all this happened, it was hearsay and rumor at the time. But now it gives mum proof at least. I wonder if the DNA test popped up any familiar matches on whatever genealogy sites mum is using. Confused

I was more thinking about the racism at the time that all this happened. Like black people were lower class, but Asians were a hell of a lot lower class. I think this line of thinking (for me at least) came from either a documentary or me falling down the rabbit hole with my random readings on the internet (the past two nights have been random googling of urban legends from different countries), but it was based from the 1800-1900 time period. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
8326/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am
Imagine what they had to go through to be together during that time. I'm sure it was very difficult. That reminds me that I need to get on Ancestry and try to do some research too. I think I haven't yet because I know at some point I'll hit a brick wall and need a debit card. XD Dad mentioned doing it for Mom though. She knows next to nothing about her birth father's family.

I guess I thought you were talking about now. XD Way back then racism would have been a major consideration. Still, some people braved the adversity and danger they would face. It sounds like some of your ancestors were some of the brave ones.

Established Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 am
Does it show at all on you, Bo? The legendary DNA?

Saiyouri, my dad's grandma was full blood Cherokee, and his dad had Apache blood (they said), and he and his family were still racist.

Rayven, LOL. Okay. Because I hear it actually works to keep critters from making too free with your yard. And I know we never had coyotes in the yard when I lived out in the bush, and we had an outhouse we didn't wanna pee in, so we watered the bushes.

Weird: **sets nice small doughnut shaped loaf of double crust sourdough dark rye bread on her table, then goes to remind a small unicorn that small unicorn is not a dust mop**

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 am
Rayven- To be honest after hubs talked to me I felt alot better. It doesn't bother me at all. He said my 'great grandma' knew about me and that is why she was always lenient with me. Letting me be me instead of following how the family was. And my grandma knew so she treated me differently. They knew how bad girls in the family had it and knew it would be worse for me. And with my 'great grandma' being a catholic of course she kept it quiet for the sheer fact I was catholic. Hubs even had a feeling I wasn't Polish. That was kinda a huge hit. Knowing that older family spoke the language but never allowed anyone to learn it and 'grandpa's dad was a Pole it kinda screamed I had to have it in me. Knowing this things do make a bit more sense. Not sure how I feel about the woman who I thought was great grandma. That won't happen for a long time but at least none of it bothers me anymore.

Heh it's no wonder why I hated lies with a burning passion growing up to the point I viewed liars deserved to die. >.> Well that makes a bit more sense now.

Well the purifier shipped yesterday but since it's Amazon Prime we could get it today. They tend to ship prime things earlier than otherwise. Can't wait, I keep forgetting to take water to bed with me and waking up coughing is getting annoying. Ugh I hate dry heats.

Tam- 0.o That doesn't even make sense to me. I think if you are a different race you shouldn't really be racist especially since you know what it's like to suffer. I know it doesn't make sense but wow.

Update on the buttheads I call kitties. Reading up on Night's behaviour I found out it's normal for cats to refuse to eat cause they got a new lil sibling. So we got Feliway Multi Cat Diffuser to help reduce stress and a paste to shove down Night's throat that is packed with nutrients and it might help her want to eat. Considering she's thin as heck already and throwing a temper tantrum by barley eating.... I kept yelling at her yesterday. Might not be really productive but she is nothing like my lil Sayuri I had that didn't eat cause air scared her. Night is only afraid of loud sounds not every single thing in this world. So we are hoping things work.

She did eat a bit more yesterday and we plan to buy a second diffuser to put in the hallway (first is in living room). With it covering more area we are hoping she has no choice but to smell it and it helps calm her. She wasn't as much as a butt yesterday, this morning though she is a bit of one. I'm just hoping this helps cause a runt shouldn't refuse food when they are a stick already. Ugh and people don't think cats are actual human children. They throw temper tantrums and make messes when they don't get their way. They are exactly like a real kid LOL.

Bohemian- That is pretty cool about your ancestry. I know a bit too much about asian cultures pertaining to that stuff and it's something I prefer never to speak of. I tend to read things I shouldn't and how parts of the asian culture are, are just beyond heart breaking.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Tam-XD Good old country living! Can't get by with that in the city. Lol

We got snow again! XD We were supposed to get close to a foot, but we only got about 6 inches or so. Some places north of here got close to a foot. I've went out and played in it twice with Max. I even built a small snowman the last time. Very Happy Max is in love with the snow.

Saiyouri-I'm glad you feel at peace with it.

I know what you mean. I hate getting lied to. That makes me angrier than just about anything else.

Established Citizen
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 pm
LOL Nope. Though I've shocked a few friends by telling them that girls can TOO pee on the ground without trouble. And can win peeing contests too.

Max didn't eat the snowman?

Saiyouri wrote:
Tam- 0.o That doesn't even make sense to me. I think if you are a different race you shouldn't really be racist especially since you know what it's like to suffer. I know it doesn't make sense but wow.

It doesn't make sense, but it's not a rare thing. I've seen it more than once, and even depicted in stories.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 am
XD You're absolutely right. It's a learned talent I think. Lol

No, he just looked at it for a second and then went back to trying to dig up moles. He hasn't caught one yet. I hope he doesn't for their sake. XD Not a day goes by that his nose doesn't get at least a little filthy though. Rolling Eyes

Long-term Citizen
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:43 am
Thanks Rayven, I'm trying my best to ignore this. Last night I got a message from someone on ancestry.com and according to them my mom has a half sister I never knew existed... I might be able to find out about this family through them but I'm trying to keep this out of my mind. Nothing I can control and nothing will happen from knowing but just knowing. It's not that easy but so far it's going good.

We do have snow, no idea how much but it does keep snowing here and there and it's staying. So nice. And hopefully in a couple days the purifier comes cause I'm getting sick of 4hrs of sleep from coughing and a dry mouth and stuffy nose.

The diffuser seems to be helping Night some. She's not as cranky as before and she is eating a bit more. I'm working on stopping her from sleeping under my desk all day and not interacting with anyone. Though last night she cuddled up with me while watching tv and she hasn't done that in a long time, since we got lil Zell. So that's a huge plus. We plan on buying one more diffuser next month to make sure she gets the scent everywhere in the home. So happy she's a bit better.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm
Saiyouri I think you're probably right. It might open up a whole new can of worms you don't need. My Mom has a different Dad than her sisters and she often paid for it, and felt like the black sheep of the family.

I tried to take some video of it snowing this morning, but the camera on my phone sucks. Or maybe it's me. XD It was so beautiful though! Ugh! I hear you. No matter what I do I usually wake up at 7 in the morning. I truly don't want to be awake that early. XD

Awww. Poor little thing. Sounds like she's super jealous. I've went through a bit of that with my Mom's cat and my new dog. Bob and I had gotten very close but he became a little sullen when I got Max. They are very jealous of each other, and it doesn't help that Max thinks it's great fun to chase Bob. Mad I'm trying to teach him not to do that, but I'm not a professional dog trainer. I'm glad to hear Night is doing a bit better. Very Happy

Long-term Citizen
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am
My new first cousin sent me her number so we can talk but that is something I can't do physically especially with my social anxiety so I asked if text talking is ok. This way I can easily control what I want and don't want and if anything goes bad with emotions hubs can step in easily and stop it from continuing.

I hate when the phones don't work in your favor. Hubs and I take vids of the kitties but we can't send it to each other without it being so horribly blurry that you can't make out anything. Kinda stinks. It might just be your phone though.

Well Night is way better. She did her normal thing with me, massage me while shoving her nose into my breast (it's a normal thing so kitties do that is similar to them nursing without them doing the actual motion). I kept telling hubs it's a comfort thing for her and it seems to be. She ate a few times during the day and the biggest is when Zell jumped up to her while she was trying to eat, she didn't move but kept eating. Plus Symphony doesn't even meow as often during the day for who knows what reasons. That diffuser is helping a huge amount. I'm so glad we got it. And with it working so well, it just proves our girls had alot of anxiety and this thing is calming them alot.

Hubs and I both can't wait for the purfier to come in. He kept on waking up, coughing at times and now we have to keep the door shut again when we go to sleep since kitties like to wake us up alot playing in the room. And that purfier with a door shut will help with us not coughing alot. I don't cough as much with the door open but sleep is kinda important.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 pm
That sounds like a good idea.

I think that's the biggest problem. My Mom's new phone, which is a better model than mine, takes much better pictures. It might help if I messed with the settings but I'm afraid I might make it worse. XD

Awww. I used to have a cat that sucked on my earlobes while making biscuits with his paws. XD

Yes it is. I hope you get better sleep soon.
Page 269 of 271