Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:32 pm
Here's a nice thing…

55th Anniversary: Title Sequence Compilation

Defender of the Realm
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:59 pm
Very cool!

Did you hear the rumors that both Jody and Chibnall may be gone after 2019 series?

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:34 pm
Scarz wrote:
…Did you hear the rumors that both Jody and Chibnall may be gone after 2019 series?

No, but that is one rumour I would be happy to encourage, based on performance to date… I must admit I was secretly hoping that she/they might only stick around for one season. I could go with 2019, in the hope that after that, there might be a change for the better!

Defender of the Realm
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 pm
My only fear is that they will pick someone who hasn't a clue about the Doctor to run the show and they will cast another female as the Doctor, disregarding the fact that it really isn't working, yet. . .

I hope the stories get better and if, they both leave, we will get a better Doctor and a better show runner.

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 pm
Scarz wrote:
My only fear is that they will pick someone who hasn't a clue about the Doctor to run the show and they will cast another female as the Doctor, disregarding the fact that it really isn't working, yet. . .

I hope the stories get better and if, they both leave, we will get a better Doctor and a better show runner.

Agreed with all of that, 100%. Chibnall seems to have a cavalier disregard for the show and all that has gone before… all he wants is to scrub it all out and make his own version: "Chris Chibnall's Doctor Who". As for Whittaker, she has had moments when I could almost believe she was the Doctor… but overall, not really. As Doctors go, she's about on a level with Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor). He was rubbish at it.

Meanwhile, on a more positive note… for the second week running, I enjoyed this week's episode, The Witchfinders! Wow, I can hardly believe it myself. I note that, as with the last one I liked, this one was not written by Chibnall…

** NEWS **

Trailer for Episode 9: It Takes You Away

Defender of the Realm
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:18 pm
It does appear that they may have shuffled the original order of the Doctor's stories as this weeks was more Doctorish and was NOT written or co-written by Chibnall (as you said), it reminded me of a few other stories and for the first time the Doctor's psychic paper failed her when the King added "assistant", I still see little use of Yaz and the Doctor still makes too many faces, but at least the last two stories showed promise and I would watch them again.

I do love the actor who played King James, he was a bit over the top, but I think it was needed with this episode.

I do love when there is actually some historical event that was the basis of the episode, this time the Pendle Hill Witch Trials, it does make it more interesting, especially if it isn't something I was aware of (here it was the Salem Witch trials). . .Funny though, it didn't work for me for the "Rosa" episode, probably because over here that story has been told over and over and over again.

Here's hoping next week's episode will be another pleasant surprise.

Page 25 of 25