Zan "I'm Safe" Check In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 5, 6, 7  Next
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 pm
Yay for storms that peeder out!

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:40 pm
Just wondering if any Zan citizens are being affected by Hurricane Florence, and if they are okay?

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:12 pm
I also hope that everyone will be ok. I can't think of any Zan citizens near there off the top of my head. Queen Blaze might me the closest, but hopefully she won't be affected.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 am
From what I've noticed, Florida will be missed...but then again, I haven't looked at any news for a couple of days. I'm not even anywhere near home right now.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:43 pm
Thank you for worrying about me. Florida was not affected by Florence. I am safe and sound... just a little soggy from the daily rainstorms we've been getting here all summer (there's nowhere for the water to go - the ground and ponds just can't deal with any more water).

Of our staff and regular players, our pixelist Zaphkiel is inland, but in Florence's expected path. I'm not currently aware of anyone else located in the immediate or semi-immediate areas of this storm, or likely to be noticeably affected.

Heart

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm
My area is being affected by Florence at the moment, but I'm pretty far inland (in central NC, near the capital). Things in this part of the state haven't been too bad. A bit of flooding (nothing major), and some wind, resulting in some downed trees (and leaves/small branches being blown around). I hope anyone else out there affected is staying safe! Where I'm at is right on the the edge of the storm, so it's been mild. But I know the storm is a monster for those more in its direct path.

Art by BettyxMe
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Between all the fires in California and now hurricanes, I'm not sure how much more I can take of natural disasters. Hope Zaphkiel stays safe, and I'm glad to hear Dusty isn't in it's direct path.

Queen of the Realm
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm
I'm glad you're safe, Dusty Yes Thank you for the report on the conditions you're experiencing! Good luck with the random debris and the extra water! I hope things continue to stay "sane" for you. Yes

Zaph posted something about an hour ago, and I think she's further inland than Dusty, so I'm reasonably sure she's fine.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm
I'm relieved to hear that everyone is doing ok. I can't even imagine going through a hurricane.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Rayven wrote:
I can't even imagine going through a hurricane.

It's wet and windy. XD

Although definitely something not to be taken lightly, it's basically a blizzard without the freezing temperatures. It's scarier at night when you can't even see what's going on around you (although the storm shutters on the house make it difficult to tell that even at noon)

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 pm
That sounds scary.

Shutters. We really don't have those here I guess because they aren't needed. Some houses have them, but they are only for decoration. They're nailed? to the house so you can't even move them. XD

Queen of the Realm
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:15 pm
No, I'm not talking about this kind of thing, and no, they're not nailed in other than maybe the mounting brackets to hold them in place. I'm talking about hurricane shutters that you put up to protect the windows (instead of plywood), like this (there are a couple different styles, but this is along the lines of what we have for our house). When they're up though, they block all light coming in to the house through the windows...

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 am
When you said shutters, I was more thinking along the lines of security shutters...or similar to like a garage car door thingy, to protect the doors and windows from smashing and causing issues later or immediately. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am
I am glad to see so many of you are here and well. Please stay safe!
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm
Those are some heavy duty looking shutters. I imagine they do their job well though.

Rayven, ours are nailed to the house too. XD
Page 6 of 7