I wasn't planning to wash the dog...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Main Hall [Nov.'19]
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:21 pm

When I woke this morning, I had a list of things to do for the day ready and waiting. Washing the dog was not on the list.

Guess what I ended up doing anyway?

Yep - washing the dog. Sigh

Dog fairly often rolls around in the grass or in dirt when we go on a walk, so it was no big deal when he suddenly plopped down in the grass and started doing his rolling around thing. Except that he kept going. And going. And going! And rolling some more.

The more Dog rolled, the more a certain stink began to waft through the air. Elder Prince and I could not convince Dog to stop rolling around and to continue the walk! When the eldest Prince grabbed Dog's harness to lift him up and get him back on his feet, there were dark dirt spots all over Dog (he's tan & white), the elder Prince had something really nasty all over his hand ... and Dog smelled like a sewer.

And OMG, I wish I was exaggerating... but I'm not.

The Dog smelled like.a.sewer. Barf Ghost

It was gross. It was beyond gross.

So we dragged Dog's furry butt home and put him directly in the tub...

... which was not on my "to do" list for the day. Rolling Eyes Nor was doing the extra laundry that comes with washing Dog, or running to the store to buy new harness, leash, and collar (because whatever that was he found was really that disgustingly gross!).

I swear I can still smell it.

Dogs are so weird.

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 am
oh my lord Laughing

Sorry to hear that dog had plans of his own for the day.

How have you been though? feels like it's been ages since I dropped by. Surprised

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 am
I wasn't expecting house guests today...but I have to put on pants now. Laughing

Nowhere near as bad as the dog...but then again, last time I walked dogs, I saw a snake and that cut the walk short. XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 pm
I once came home to two dogs that had gotten out of the fence and rolled in cow piles. Not even the dry ones like one of my other dogs had done. They picked fresh ones. What a mess! :/

Queen of the Realm
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 pm
Hi Keres! Good to see you stop by! Yes Yes, Dog apparently wanted a bath. Had I known he wanted a bath, I would have just given him one and (hopefully) skipped that whole step of "rolling in something nasty", but hey - Dog didn't tell me he wanted a bath!

LOL... no, Bo, having to put on pants for unexpected house guests is not nearly as bad as dog rolling in something...

Oh my, Rayven! It sounds like you understand perfectly well what my experience with Dog was! Yeeesh!

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:35 pm
0_0

I'm glad I brought home plants today instead. Beautiful little plants that I've been looking for for years, and one already trying to take over the world.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:27 am
Oh goodness!

My dog will go long lengths of time without incident. Then I'll come home and discover the pen she chewed up and half ate, the paper she turned into confetti, and the tissues she took out of the trash.

At least she's not as bad now as when she was a puppy.
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm
it's def nice to stop by again ^^ it's something I should do more often of again lol I just have a bad habit of getting easily distracted here on the interwebs :3

oof yea but knowing dog, he probably would be like my moms dog Laughing probably still would have found said nasty thing in the ground and rolled in it anyways, resulting in 2 baths Surprised
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:04 am
This kind of reminds me of a story my grandpa told me of his dog, a welsh corgi that ran at full speed into a pile of cow droppings and slid into it... Is this how dog's express themselves?

When I read the story I started to imagine your dog becoming a sort of Katamari Damacy-esque thing gathering dirt and mess as it continuously rolled onward. Laughing

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:34 pm
Dogs are interesting creatures, it is hard to believe with their strong sense of smell that they would even engage in such stinky conduct. . .but the stinkier it is, the more they love it.

I had a friend who had horses, her dog would take his dog food and mix it with the horse's business. . .and eat it. . .kibbles and S**t Shocked

Another friend had a cat and a dog and one day came home and the dog was coming away from the cat's litter box with a little "cigar" in his mouth, he had to close off the litter box so the dog couldn't get into it.

And my worst ever, I had to go out of town and my friend was supposed to check in on Tank and let him out to do his business and to feed him and give him fresh water. . .I don't know what happened, but the day I came back, he hadn't gone by the house and poor Tank had diarrhea. . .and had rolled in it. . .I not only had to bathe him, I had to throw out 4 throw rugs and it took me hours to clean the house. . .and to get rid of the smell!!! Not a fun time at all!

So thou doth truly have my sympathies, your Majesty!

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:19 pm
Ah yes, it's quite amusing that dogs find a pile of poop and say, "wow, that poop looks great, I just wanna...roll around in it!"

Our dogs definitely need a bath too, it's been a while and they're well overdue, but...bathing three dogs and having to get them dry without getting them muddy is a chore I really don't enjoy. c':
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Oh no Shocked
My dog did this the other day too, although I am not sure exactly WHAT it was....maybe something dead, maybe pig poo???

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 pm
Yeah, dogs are just so bizarre! I don't get the whole "I want to smell like (literal) crap" thing they seem so keen on!