{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 6200, 6201, 6202  Next
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:17 am
I had my lobes pierced at a chemist with a piercing gun. Scared for life and it hurt like hell and it had a loud noise....RIGHT NEAR MY DAMNED EAR! thunk

When I started reading up about daith piercings helping with migraines, I was willing to try anything at that time. I have a tattoo parlor within walking distance that, after I messaged the page on facebook to see if the piercer was in and had some time, I walked around and got the first one done. It...didn't exactly hurt, it was just more a lot of pressure...and the sound of the cartilage was...interesting. I ended up getting the other side done almost a year later and that side did hurt a bit. And it hurt a hell of a lot more when I had to get it re-pierced at least a month later due to accidentally knocking the bottom ball from the bar off and landing in my ear, but not going down into my ear due to my head being tilted the right way for it not to do that. And then as I stuck my finger in to remove it, I accidentally flicked the bar out. As you can imagine, I panicked more about that than the ball coming off. XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:01 pm
XD

I don't think I really have the patience for the after care. If I have to baby something it drives me nuts. I don't think I minded babying a tattoo too much, but piercings are more work in my opinion.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 pm
It's basically the same as the tattoo. Typically twice a day care, morning and night, sometimes a little extra if it wants to be annoying. I was more concerned about my re-inked tattoo healing than my daith piercing being redone and looking after it. I swung by the second studio (the first is right around the corner of my place, their second studio is on the high st right around the corner from the bus stop...super convenient! XD ) because I didn't have time to go around the corner before the bus, to ask them about the healing of a re-inked tattoo and if it heals differently to fresh. He said it might just be a reaction to the ink, and I flashed him my chest tattoo to prove that wasn't the case when it went straight onto virgin skin. Laughing He suggested changing the moisturiser that I had been using, and no more itchy, really, really, really dry skin.

I typically use an antiseptic cream in the first week of healing for the tattoo, to basically help speed up the healing, and after that, I switch to a moisturiser that is scent-free (or at least as scent-free as I can find). I was using my normal moisturiser that I use all over, and my wrist where I changed the colour from red to purple...it suddenly became inflamed. You know how if you get a spider bite, you circle the redness that you see initially to see if it spreads past the circle and thus spreading the poison/toxin through the blood stream? Well, the redness spread so fast, I wouldn't have even been able to put a dot on my skin before the redness would have been past it. Almost all the way around my skin. But only temporarily until the moisturiser was completely absorbed into the skin.

But lesson learned for more delicate skin, as my chest tattoo did get a little red, but now with another moisturiser, both are healing well. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:49 pm
I'm glad they're healing nicely. Very Happy

I used the antibiotic ointment or whatever it was the tattoo place gave me the first 24-48 hours. After that I used Udderly Smooth Udder Lotion until they were fully healed. I was able to keep my last couple of tattoos from scabbing up. That wasn't the case with my first one. :/ I didn't keep the first one moist enough.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:50 pm
Rayven wrote:

I forgot to ask you what your critters think of the new place. Have they explored every inch yet? XD

Pupper is much less freaked out. It's been a blessing in disguise that I've had almost three weeks off of work. I've been slowly putting the house together, and I've been able to get the fur children into some sort of routine. I'm starting to let kitty outside now. He's not sure what to think of everything. XD

I get constant headaches, and thank God I haven't had a migraine in awhile. I have considered daith piercings, but after reading up on them, they may or may not help. And because I have to sleep with ear plugs, that may not be a good piercing for me to get.

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 am
Riley I'm glad to hear that you're animals are adjusting pretty well. Very Happy Chase has not adjusted to our move, but part of that might be because of my Mom's dog. Chase likes to be the only animal.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:06 pm
Our new challenge is making sure the cat has access to the litter box. I moved his box to the laundry room, but at night, we close the dog in the den. And since one would get to the laundry room by the den, kitty didn't have access to his litter box during the night. In the morning, while I was taking a shower, he peed on my side of the bed. :/ We're replacing the bed anyways (luckily), but man does cat urine stink. Note to self: make sure the cat can use his bathroom, or he'll pee on something he shouldn't, lol.

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 pm
Oh no! XD Yes it does, and nothing really removes that smell. Regular pee is bad, but cat pee is horrible. Apparently he blamed you for the whole thing. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:47 pm
I always said he was my a-hole son. Very Happy Laughing But I still love him to death. I'm glad I realized why he really did it, because I was ready to take him to the vet for a check up. He's never done anything like that before.
New bed will arrive on Tuesday. I wish it would get here sooner - the cleaner I found was better than anything else I had used before, but it's still not getting the smell out. I imagine getting cat urine out of a mattress would be almost impossible though.

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:28 pm
XD Sounds like my dog. I love him, but he's very moody. I'm glad it's coming soon.

Yeah it's not really possible to get it out of fabric. It would be nice if they came up with something that could completely get rid of that smell.

Did you decide if you're going to have a Halloween party?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:46 pm
I totally forgot about that! Laughing
If I can get the house squared away by the end of this month, I will plan to. But I seem to have stopped making progress, lol. Eh, that's not true. I was waiting on some stuff to arrive from Amazon to help me organize things. One thing in this new house, we have very little closet space now, so I've had to get creative in how I organize things.

I also asked the previous owner what to expect in the way of trick or treaters. She said they didn't get any, which makes sense, since the front of our house is a busy street with no sidewalks. Knowing that, I'm not sure if I want to keep all of my Halloween decorations if no one is going to see them. There are some bushes along the street that I could decorate though. XD

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:33 pm
I hate it when there isn't enough storage space. Do you have plenty of counter space in the kitchen? That's another thing that causes problems when there's a lack of it.

I'm amazed that you thought to ask her that! I never would have thought of that. XD Hmmm. That's up to you, but I would probably wait until next year to make that decision. You might make your house look so inviting that you get some. Very Happy Yay for bushes. XD My Mom used to decorate the mailbox sometimes. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 pm
I think we might almost the same amount of counter space as the last house. Probably a little less, but I'm okay with that. It hasn't been a problem yet.

Yeah, hubby also said to wait. I have a feeling I'm going to keep some and donate some. I'll have to go through everything. Though, if I have a Halloween party, some decorations would be nice. Very Happy

I might end up decorating the mail box anyways. It's hard to tell where our driveway is at night because there are no lights and it's pitch black along that stretch of road.

Avi Vote
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm
That's good. I had so little counter space at my last apartment that I had to store most of my appliances under the kitchen sink.

Yeah people will want to see your decorations. Very Happy

It would be awesome if you could put some lights on it. XD That's the one thing my Mom never did. She usually had garland or bows on it.

Have you had any family or friends over yet?

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:05 pm
I'm pretty sure there will be lights on it at some point. XD

Family and a few friends have been over, but they've all seen it with boxes everywhere. I think I might try to get the last of the boxes unpacked today to distract myself from hearing back about the job.

Avi Vote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 6200, 6201, 6202  Next
Page 6201 of 6202